DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What would be your biggest disappointment?

Trey

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I do feel the "Rand becoming the Seal" has some good points, I kind of hope it doesn't do that. Would be may too close to the "Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever" series, IMO, to feel a very satisfying ending.

Totally with you on that one, even though it was one of the books that got me into the genre that sort ending to WOT would be disappointing to say the least

If they have no epic battles involving the one power with pages of pages of discription of things dying.

Yep. Dumais Wells style only more. Dreadlords blasting the crap out of the Aiel would be nice.

I want to see more of a engaged line with the dreadlords just blasting everything along the line with no regard to whether its friend or foe

I'll actually be surprised if there's much action like Dumai's Wells. I would think that the channelers on both sides will be primarily occupied with each other. Unless/until one side's channelers are nullified or defeated, they're not going to have much time to be mowing down the common folk. As soon as a line of dreadlords starts blowing stuff up, a line of AS or other light based channelers is going to focus on them, and vise-versa.

On the Shadow's part, we've seen a very economic and restrained use of channelers; and almost never in face-to-face combat. It is widely accepted, due to RJ's assertion, that the Shadow lacks sufficient channelers this time around. They are used to operate portal stones and destroy fortifications (Maradon's wall); and cannot be risked in combat. The only exception was Mesaana's TAR debacle, for which Graendal was severely punished.

The major channelers battle should be in the Black Tower. That has a ton of potential.

But in this war, the Light has the numerical advantage in channelers.

If elayne doesn't die in childbirth. Besides her being the worst character and loving rand almost entirely because of min's vision, it would make sense because she believes she will be unharmed until the kids are born

Idk I kind of like her. I liked her more before she became queen but I do like her. I think she is a strong ally for the light and her talent for building things could be important down the road.

If elayne doesn't die in childbirth. Besides her being the worst character and loving rand almost entirely because of min's vision, it would make sense because she believes she will be unharmed until the kids are born

i love elayne. it isn't right that only the shadow has the stupid characters. and i can assure you a lot of women still are "loving" someone because of a stupid reason. Elayne is the most real girlfriend of Rand imo. I can accept Aviendha trying to just be sister-wife with Elayne. But Min, I can't accept there wasn't even a catfight. Maybe if she was introduced as having a weak personality, then she can accept the third fiddle role without problems.

Here's what I'd love to see:

Rand does go toe to toe with Demandred, but manages the words through being Ta'veren to turn Demandred to the light and settle his multi-age little man syndrome towards LTT.

Egwene, being the strongest Amyrlin in memory and from Emond's field, dies in the final book in some way helping unite a clensed BT and the WT together, restoring dual-gender Aes Sedai.

Tuon and Mat finding a way to bring the Seanchan to the continent not as bullies but as a true Hawking empire that helps and not hurts. (Tuons character and affections for Mat leaves room for this)

One of the main cast turns to the shadow, betraying at a critical moment in the Last Battle.

One of the Forsaken (Moridin?) turns to the light

We get a lengthy epilogue written by Loial which covers all the other major unknowns

We somehow see the reset that needs to happen to show all of these events fade to dust and a new age begins, with Randland's age being the legend, perhaps new Green Men born

At this point, it's kinda difficult to separate your hopes for the last book and your actual predictions, and I'm not sure how many of these are which, but those are a few I am gonna throw out there.

We get a lengthy epilogue written by Loial which covers all the other major unknowns

That would be one way [ although not the preferd] to tie up the loose ends and let us no who is where and who is with who..........

That would be one way [ although not the preferd] to tie up the loose ends and let us no who is where and who is with who..........

True, and we've already seen excerpts from Loial's impending book, so we know that he survives and does complete the completed work he talks about. It seems the most fitting way to do an epilogue in my opinion. Everything before that is hotly debatable though.

True, and we've already seen excerpts from Loial's impending book, so we know that he survives and does complete the completed work he talks about. It seems the most fitting way to do an epilogue in my opinion. Everything before that is hotly debatable though.

When i read the sentence where he says that he is writing a book about this events The Red Book of Westmarch in Lotr flashes before my eyes and makes me weep from horror

If this doesnt happen :

Bore is sealed, good guys win, bad guys lose. Rand dies and lives again, grows old and leads an enjoyable life and everyone thinks its all over and the cycle was broken this time around... On his death bed, due to old age or 'natural' causes, Rand hears a whisper in his ear... "I have won again, Lews Therin...". Would be epic to flip the corny "happily ever after" ending.

Archived