DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Diablo 3

Arez Al'Loke

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet, my DH is designed for support and he will be very well attuned to having a meleer in the front line. Most of his abilties involve slowing and stunning creatures and keeping them from moving around, easy meat for a good monk. i will jot down your # and give you a ring at launch.

and there is a definite advantage of having a close knit group playing D3. I would like to play this game with like-minded individuals as myself. Items we find that can benefit our perspective characters can be traded back and forth and we can work together to max out our Artisans early. Having to group with people I did not know has proven problematic at best as many people just do their own thing and their is no concensus. Running through the game to get to the boss, in D3 anyway will have people running away from breakables that sometimes contain Rare items. I know this as I found 2 during 1 weekend in Beta. Happy gaming all!

Sounds like the way I play. If you're interested, look up the Amazon Basin.

I got excited for the game when first announced, then forgot about it and got re-excited a week ago. Will be picking up when it comes out, just hope my laptop can handle the graphics. PC is way too old :\

Fun fact: I've never played Diablo online

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator

I'm heading to bed 'real' early tonight, so I can get a nice 5 hours into it before I head to work tomorrow morning.

No point in staying up till 2am? (I'm guessing blizzard will unlock the game.. at Pacific time? So even if you were to buy it in central or eastern, youd have to wait anywhere from 2-3 hours?

Pretty pumped for tonight. I think I'm going Barb instead of Monk. I'm a tank at heart and a tank I shall be.

I wonder how long into it until I am missing my Hammerdin. Ah well, doesn't matter. Get ready Diablo, the veil is going up! :aiel:

Monk can definately tank, just like the barbarian can definately deal out some serious hurt. ;) Its all about what gear you have on, and what 'abilities' you have primed. ;)

(Note, monk can also heal. :tongue:

Also, jaknal242@yahoo.com is my account thingy. It's actually my little brothers' but we're sharing it till I get another copy. He's a WoT fan as well just isn't on the forums. Also, he's 21 so you don't have to worry about him acting like a dum bass running round doing stupid things. Josh is my irl name and Cody is my brother.

So add me if you want and we shall kill things. A lot of things. As long as the servers stay up. :D

TheDoctor#1845 is me. So I had to really turn down all the settings to play this game on my laptop. I also started with a wizard which I hated. Switched to a monk and what a world of difference.

Monks are the rage right now and I am betting a monk or barb will be the first one to beat Inferno on HC mode

Awesome game... if my freaking internet didn't suck and keep disconnecting me, but alas I soldier on. I really hate that you have to have an internet connection to play this game... what happened to just installing a game and playing it? The mandatory internet connection serves no purpose for me really... except to annoy me.

I think it would bite on the console... As an example, how would 'teleport' work?

Top that off, theres no way they will be able to 'link' the servers. So you couldn't play with/or against PC or PS3 Users if it went to console.

And 360 would require any 'new content' added to the game, be purchased. So any free 'updates' and 'content patches' they add to D3 (And it'll happen, they even did it with D2) you'll effectively have to pay for, on the 360, as per there standard terms of agreement. (Otherwise, blizzard would have to pay for it, course, there are agreements that allow them X free patch/content updates. and after that 'they' or the 'costumer' have to pay.)

not so. they can make it story mode instead of just MMO for the consoles (like Demon Souls).

patches wouldn't have to be paid for either for the user. Madden 2011 had a mass patch come out last year due to the lock out and not having the teams set; the update happened once you put in the disk automatically so long as you were hooked up to the net.

also, you have instances like Zelda and Elder Scrolls where upgrades and additions come out in terms of expansion pack.

basically, you'd be looking at a console verson simlar to that of the Sims (which people probably said woudln't work on console either when it first came out) and the console verson of D3 will be released one the kinks are worked out of the CPU verson.

heck, people probably said the same thing about Dragon Age and the Elder Scrolls series, yet we see how well adapts Oblivion and Dragon Age are to the consoles.

I think though that Diablo would have the same problems that RTS games like Command & Conquer faced in that you can map a whole heap of commands to the controller easy enough, but using the sticks to scroll around the screen isn't ideal. The mouse far exceeds it in this department.

I'm enjoying the game, although I don't get to play it as much as I'd like. I finished Act I with my barbarian and just started one with the Wiz. That is a hell of a lot harder :\

not so. they can make it story mode instead of just MMO for the consoles (like Demon Souls).

What does that have to do with diablo? Its not an 'typical' mmo, if anything its a very multiplayer Dungeon crawl game. (6.3 Million players large)

patches wouldn't have to be paid for either for the user. Madden 2011 had a mass patch come out last year due to the lock out and not having the teams set; the update happened once you put in the disk automatically so long as you were hooked up to the net.

1 patch. That falls within the contract the madden games made with microsoft.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116160-Counter-Strike-Global-Offensive-Loses-Cross-Platform-Play

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103359-Valve-Xbox-Live-Rules-are-a-Train-Wreck

Basically through microsoft, The company has to make a special agreement with M$,that allows them to effectively 'push' 10 free patches/content patches/ect through to the game. Afterwards, that gamecompany, has to 'pay' M$ for the patch, or release it as 'DLC' (specially as content) to the consumer.

Aka TF2 which now has tons of 'new' weaposn compared to launch, and alot of bug fixes/patches, has been relatively neglected on the 360, becuase of that 'issue'.

Even Diablo 2, which was less 'mmo like' than Diablo 3, had what... 30 patches? Maybe more? About half of those added 'new content' in the form of Items, monsters, and even difficulty..(not all entirely server side either)

So Blizzard has basically 2 choices. Put it on 360, and pay MS for any updates after the first 10. (They'll blow through that in a year) And after words have to pay M$ for each patch pushed to the game, thats not 'server side'.

also, you have instances like Zelda and Elder Scrolls where upgrades and additions come out in terms of expansion pack.

Thats irrelevant. Expansions are Expansion. They are like Mega DLC. Thats effectively adding '2' new acts to diablo 3. That wouldn't be 'free' content. 'Free content' would be like blzzard adding a new UI menu that allows for Guild/Clan Support. New missions/Events and of course, game tweaks. I sure in the hell wouldn't pay $40-60 for an expansion that 90% of which is free bug fixes on the PC version!

basically, you'd be looking at a console verson simlar to that of the Sims (which people probably said woudln't work on console either when it first came out) and the console verson of D3 will be released one the kinks are worked out of the CPU verson.

... CPU version?

CPU = Centralized Proccessing Unit.

Your thinking PC = Personal Computer.

360, Ps3, PC all have a CPU.

(Sorry, I had to, I mean, How many times do I get to go grammar police on people on DM? :P)

But that is also basically irrelevant.The Sims isn't a Dungeon Crawler, Moving around in game isn't going to be an 'issue' its going to be the 'attacking' that is.

Basically given the controlls, the 'attacking' would be entirely directional. (Left move, right directional attack,) But how would you pick a targer, Behind a target with directional controls on the console? Now take a wizards Teleport. How would that work? (Note you can, on the PC, teleport anywhere you click relatively on the screen.)

heck, people probably said the same thing about Dragon Age and the Elder Scrolls series, yet we see how well adapts Oblivion and Dragon Age are to the consoles.

Skyrim/Oblivion = FPS style gameplay, so there was no issue with it to begin with. Aside from the fact that the PC version is still superior due to Free Content that consoles will never see. Can't really comment on DA, haven't played it on the console.

Another possible issue is loot management.

Pc version you get tons of Blues/Oranges/Whites and Gray items. After a certain pointt, you only pick up blues. I'd imagine the Console version, would have a 'pick up all loot' button.. So yea, good luck with that. :P

Archived