DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Diablo 3

Arez Al'Loke

I am now lol. And yeah, I know it's that way in every RPG just about. Even in MOBAS. I just have always picked the "Mage" type character in any game since I was like 8 and read Dragonlance and Raistlin became one of my favorite characters ever.

Edit: The only bad thing about using those two skills in conjunction is that it lowers DPS a bit. Which wouldn't be super terrible if I had buddies to play with. But I have no IRL friends that have it and I don't like jumping into random public games.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats why you add people that have listed there battle tags on DM to your friend list, so you can group with people that aren't mentally challanged. ;)

Good point.

I'd be happy to play with you, Ashaman, though as I've mentioned I've just started Nightmare, so I'm probably pretty far behind you.

Also, jaknal242@yahoo.com is my account thingy. It's actually my little brothers' but we're sharing it till I get another copy. He's a WoT fan as well just isn't on the forums. Also, he's 21 so you don't have to worry about him acting like a dum bass running round doing stupid things. Josh is my irl name and Cody is my brother.

So add me if you want and we shall kill things. A lot of things. As long as the servers stay up. :D

Didn't feel like typing that out again lol.

• Community Administrator

Tomes do infact, only drop in hell.

As for battle tags, there posted in this thread, just several pages back.

Mines Sinister#1803

As for crafting, I'd say focus on training it up, not on actually making much of anything. (Semi-waste of money until you hit 60ish)

That is, unless you have a really, really crappy item, and hte base armor & number of random enchants, exceeds what your current has. (say, you have a lvl 5 blue boots with 2 random enchants... and you got a lvl 35 boot recipe, with 4enchants... go for it. Might take 5-8 crafts just to get somethign worth it though.

I am currently in the middle of Act 2 in Hell mode....and I am bored, so bored. This is what I hate about the Diablo series. I am literally playing the SAME game over and over again, Sure it is harder, but my gear is better too, so it almost evens out.

On the tomes, they drop like candy in Hell. Also I have so many crafting materials from disenchanting (not sure the actual term, but it is essentially the same as disenchanting from WoW) my blues/yellows that suck that I am going to have to buy a new stash tab soon, and there is nothing good to make with them.

For the overall game I'd rate it at a C-, maybe a C. This feels like a D2 remake, and they didn't really even upgrade the graphics/monsters/etc. $60 for this game was a waste of money, and the copy I bought my wife has been played 3x. I think after a 13 year wait, Blizzard really dropped the ball on this one.

This feels like a D2 remake, and they didn't really even upgrade the graphics/monsters/etc.

diablo2.jpeg

vs

diablo-3-dark.jpg

Graphics look severely upgraded to me.

Can't let current gen games alter your preception of how past games 'truelly' looked. ;)

*Note*

D2's maximum resolution 'orginally' was 800x600. I 'think 'it was possible to play in 1024x768.

D3's maximum resolution is probably 'above' 1920x1080.

So, technically speaking, the graphics are almost litterally, 2.63 times larger, than diablo 2's.

As for the rest, Each to there own, as far as the oppinion of the game goes. I'm enjoying it. I have many, many friends who play it (many from guilds Ive been in) and I'm enjoying being able to turn my brain off, and just slaughter unicorns in my wake.

[media=]

[/media]

Yeah, how exactly do you get to that level anyways? And is there any special weapon or item drop or anything like that that happens??

It seems like a bitch to get to TBH. Details here: http://www.ign.com/wikis/diablo-3/Whimsyshire

"You must create a Staff of Herding to find Whimsyshire.

COMPONENTS

• Liquid Rainbow - Spawns in the Mysterious Cave in the Mysterious Chest in the Dalghur Oasis, Act 2. Save the old man and he will open the chest. The fastest way to get here is to start at Betrayer of the Horadrim: The Forgotten Ruins quest as it drops you right in the middle of the Oasis.

• Wirts Bell is sold by a merchant in the city, Act 2.

• The Plans for the Staff of Herding drops randomly from Izual, Act 4.

• 50,000 gold is required, once all pieces are obtained, to craft the staff."

You get a special Banner and Sigil, an Achievement, In The Land Of Killer Unicorns, as well as something called a Feat of Strength, though I'm not sure what that is.

Heh, took me about an hour to get the mats for Staff of Herding. This is not counting Liquid Rainbow, which I got that earlier while trying to find mysterious caves. That one took a while. Probably the most time consuming of the bunch.

Its really not that bad of a 'grind' all things considered.

The 'real' problem, is.. say you beat nightmare. The nightmare one costs... 200k to craft.

The hell one costs, 500k to craft

And the inferno one.. costs 1M to craft.

Mind you.. all gold that could go towards 'gear' upgrades... your goign to need for inferno.

So other than the achievement and just the "fun" of doing it is there any real incentive to go through all the trouble? Unique loot and such?

There is 'some' unique loot, but its lvl 30ish gear.

The incentive is exactly the same, as the secret cow level in d2.

Best farming place.

Course, the catch is, in D3 its probably = to around act 3 or 4, with act 1 or 2 mobs in relative 'strength'.

Hell version, drops lvl 55+ gear. Has at 'least' 4 elite packs running around, and plenty of treasure chests.

As for gold

Normal 15k/run

Nightmare 20k/run

Hell 35k/run

A run being around 10-15 minutes long, depending on how 'tough' the elite groups are.

The worst part is the gibbering gemstone. That took me about 3 hours, the rest was real quick. Also SD you took my remake with the same graphics too literally. Clearly the graphics have been upgraded, but they just aren't eye popping like I expected after a 13 year wait. Incidently I am chewing through hell mode just as fast as nightmare.

Archived