DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Diablo 3

Arez Al'Loke

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I keep my computer updated. My computer and original hard drive with windows installed is 7 years old or so, so the thought of it going bad is something I haven't thought of before. I've got some other strange things going on with it as well, like blue verticle lines going down my screen and the screen not being centered on my monitor anymore and when it first started acting up it couldn't even load direct x to launch a game (so the error prompt said). On start up I don't get the usual boring screens I get a whole bunch of "a"s with a squiggly above it (kind of like this ~). Either way my computer is old so an upgrade is necessary sooner or later and this is one motivator to finally get it done.

• Community Administrator

7 years old is a bit... Old. And things are going to fail, your hard drive for instance, only really has a 3-4 year life span. So that 'is' probably going bad. Same with your video card and monitor.

I just closed the game, and well... I doubt I'll open it again. If you loved d2 it is going to be awesome, but if you got sick of d2 a long time ago (like I did) this is just a lot more of the same, and I have no interest in it.

have preordered the collectors edition wish i was only paying 60 bux its 140 here

im not keen on it being online simply because it means that if i dont have the net for some reason and my ISP gives me fits!! then i cant play it at all. Thats my big problem with it

Well, you'd burn yourself out on the beta fairly easy, as its only the first 'act' (Barely?) and not the full game by any chance.. first act is basically the tutorial.

The beta is the first 1/3 of the first act.

Thank god. It was so short I had a hard time believing it was an entire act.

Well, you'd burn yourself out on the beta fairly easy, as its only the first 'act' (Barely?) and not the full game by any chance.. first act is basically the tutorial.

Just curious where you found that info? Not that i'm saying it isn't true, I honestly don't know if it is or isn't. I just assume, that what we saw 'was' the first act, and that it was short on purpose, as a 'tutorial' level. (much like Tortage in Age of Conan) Acts 2-5+? Being much, much longer. Note, that in D2, Act 1.. wasabout as long as Act 1 in D3 (that we see now), if you completely 100% solo it, it can take 'almost' the same length of time. skill/class/difficulty withstanding of course. Witha group though. D3 = much, much faster than D2's... kinda.)

Who said anything D3 having 'multiple' servers like wow?

And no, I'm putting together a similar thing, from various guilds I've been in, in various MMOs, as well as hopefully snagging some DM'ers/and other friends.

Who said anything D3 having 'multiple' servers like wow?

Maybe server is the wrong word, but knowing Blizzard and understanding game mechanics and economic mechanics within blizzard and its games you can safely assume there will be some sort of division or "grouping" just like what servers. Point being we're playing together with fun and skilled people. But it sounds like we're doing the exact same :)

Just curious where you found that info? Not that i'm saying it isn't true, I honestly don't know if it is or isn't. I just assume, that what we saw 'was' the first act, and that it was short on purpose, as a 'tutorial' level.

Diablo 2 beta was up until Blood Raven, which was about 1/4 of the first act. Plus at the beginning of the beta, Bashiok, the bliz community manager said it was the first 1/3. Can't find the post as it is buried under the nuclear wasteland known as the diablo 3 forum boards. Just google "battle.net is diablo 3 beta the first 1/3 of act 1". You'll find plenty of people saying that.

I have pre-ordered the game, participated in a beta and have taken May 15th as a day off from work. I had been playing SWTOR but the gap between doing the dailies over and over...and over and the...small Legacy expansion killed the game for me. My Battle.net tag is Blademan#1190 and there is a definite advantage of having a close knit group playing D3. I would like to play this game with like-minded individuals as myself. Items we find that can benefit our perspective characters can be traded back and forth and we can work together to max out our Artisans early. Having to group with people I did not know has proven problematic at best as many people just do their own thing and their is no concensus. Running through the game to get to the boss, in D3 anyway will have people running away from breakables that sometimes contain Rare items. I know this as I found 2 during 1 weekend in Beta. Happy gaming all!

Archived