DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite Asha'Man

Turin Turambar

It is a frequent question asked of the new members when they join but how do you really feel about the Asha'Man in the books? Who is your Favorite and why?

Mine is actually Grady. He is there doing his part when he knows it could easily result in his death or in his becoming mad and harming others. He realizes that the battle must be fought and if they die along the way they are just like all the other soldiers that will fight and die trying to save the world from the Dark One.

For some reason I've always really liked Jahar Narisima. I'm really not sure why--been too long since I read the books with him in them. NEED TO READ MORE!!!!!!

I also liked Grady. Always just struck me as a good guy.... Idk... I kinda have a soft spot for all of the "good" Asha'man to be honest :P

• 4 months later...

Bumping this up...

I have soft spot for the good Asha'Man. In fact I liked quite a number of them. My list will be like this:

1. Farmer Asha'Man Jur Grady & Popinjay "Metro" Asha'Man Fager Neald. I'll be freaking out really bad if these two are not promoted to full Asha'Man by now. I am certain no other Asha'Man has been as actively utilized and trusted as these both. In fact Perrin's success and survival was largely contibuted to the fact that those two have proven their usefulness over and over again

2. Jahar Narishma - well....he's everybody's fav I guess. And the fact that he's also a Green Sister warder makes him even more special

3. Senior Leader Deepe Bhadar - that very short scene of him before getting his leg blasted did indicate he's a formidable one. Just loved the way of him beeing very determined and focused

3. Boy Asha'Man Eben Hopwill & Fedwin Morr - soo young and so innocent. I had high hopes for both, sadly both have died

4. Arlen Nalaam the Gleeman Asha'Man - I want more of Nalaam!!! - what with his spinning wild tales and all, with some crazy language to boot. If Mat Cauthon could channel he'd be Nalaam for sure

5. Androl Genhald & Algarin Pendaloan - not the strongest, but surely tons of wits and wisdom between the both of them. Impossible not to like. I do hope that Androl will bond with Pevara Sedai soon

6. Logain Ablar - Logain being Logain, I admire his loyalty and dedication for the right cause

7. Damer Flinn - The old man is highly likeable, specially after that bonding of the ever smiling Corele Sedai

8. Naeff - He's simply highly likeable

I have to go with Narishma too. I think it´s the braids with the bells. :tongue: In my head his name is Narshima though since I read it wrong the first time. (Often I don´t actually read names, I just memories them as a picture.) I have high hopes for him in AMoL.

Logain started out as an interesting character but recently it seems like he is just used as Rand´s messenger boy. It will be interesting to read more about him.

We all want to know who Taim is of course.

With few exceptions, the Asha´mans is described in a sympathetic way and it´s easy to like them. I wish that some of them had gotten more space.

Im with AH Jahar rocks!! i have two main scenes i love of his his spar against Lan where he just wouldnt give up.

and the one where he faces off with the sitters.

^ This. Narishma is the man.

Oh hell, did I just agree with Dice?

*mutters*

*shoves her knuckes into Dice's ribcage* Enough of that, buddy.

I still say you should donate points to the cause of getting me promoted to Asha'man. We could have a fuuuuun battle once the playing field's a bit more even.

Archived