DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mat and Tuon in 10 years

grump

Moiraine tells Agelmar that they old blood of Menetheran sings in almost all all of the boys, referring to Perrin and Mat. Rand being a mixture of Aiel and Andoran does not have the old blood of Menetheran.

Where did that question come from?

Since someone brought the Gholam up, how and they gonna kill the f*$&ing thing. I mean do we think they’re gonna use the medallion a lot, does balefire work, will Elayne rediscove the making of quicksilver or something else I haven’t thought of yet. My opinion is balefire unless it’s like cuendillar. What does everyone else think.

No i said that only Mat and Egwene had shown manifest effects of the influence of the old blood, and Mat more the Egwene. This indicates degrees in the strength of that effect.

Perrin, for all that he is of that blood, is not strong in it like Mat or Egwene. Moiraine's comment was more thematic then literal.

As for the gholam, lightning would work against it, and throwing things. Gateways, which arn't of the power and are deadly to shadowspawn could work. With Balefire it depends on wether balefire is a weave, or the effect of a weave...

For instance with a fireball, the weave is what manifests the heat and keeps it in that state, without the weave there is no fireball. In things like lightning, for instance, what the weave is doing is giving energy to the electrons and funneling them. Once the electrons have energy they will continue to move on their own. Same with thrown rocks. The one power gives the rock kinetic energy, but once thats done the weave can be broken without it stopping the rock.

The question is wether balefire is a thing that needs the one power to exist, or if its existence is caused by the one power. The fact that it always originates between the channelers hands suggests that it is indeed the later, but that is conjecture.

The Gholam thinks to himself that he never encountered anything that could harm it until he met Mat, and his medallion. I expect they tried anything they could think of during the War of Power, including balefire. I know that they stopped using it, but when you face certain death, you will try anything, no matter how forbidden it is.

He got the medalion, the black spear and the knowledge fron the same place I wonder if the spear might work against the Gholam or maybe a bronze weapon

The origional point on the old blood was not ment to be tied to each persons talents but to the two boys right to become king Perrin gave that right up so Mat gets it by default

None of them have a right to become king... either inherent or otherwise. Except maybe Perrin's right to Saldaea through marriage to Faile and Mat's through marriage to Tuon, though in truth i doubt he'll be anything other then a Consort.

And Mat has used the spear against the Gholam, it showed no particular aversion to it. My guess is the medallion works in that way because of the interaction of two like forces.

I think the world is already breaking, due to Rands influence to be sure, but it isn't all bad. Some ways it is breaking is Rand's laws in Tear giving commoners the same legal rights as the nobles, Rands schools that are shooting technoligy forward, like the train in KoD.

Okay, the civil wars in Andor and Carihien and the anarchy in Gheledon((?) aren't that great, but Rand is forcing the change on the world that redefines the way everyone sees the world. Perrin and Mat have contributed in their own ways also.

And some of that change is for the better, like when all the vagabonds settled down bringing new trades, skills, and crops to areas, but because so much is happening at once the people of Randland is having trouble taking it all in.

I don't actually see Mat and Tuon happily united after TG. What I recall Mat saying when she left him, was that her Empire was his enemy. I can see the outrigger novel as Tuon driving a war of conquest on Randland to consolidate her power so she can go to Seanchan later and retake it. I get the impression that it's going to be as story of Mat trying to stop her and leading his armies against the Seanchan(on Randland) and maybe with some sort of reunion in the end. I don't think Mat is going to accept the Seanchan way without some mayor change in their customs.

• 3 weeks later...

When Mat said the Empire was his enemy i think he ment it like the Empire was at war with Rand, and Mat's loyalties lie with Rand, so when Rand makes an allience with the Empire, it will be Mat's allie as well. Plus i cant see Mat as just a consort, the death watch guard refered to him as "majesty" and told him he was now the "Prince of Ravens" so i think he now has some amount of athority over the Seanchan.

It was Mat and Egwene that show indications of the strength of the old blood' date=' Perrin never speaks the Old Tongue, nor shows any other indications.[/quote']

Yes, but remember that stuborness is also a sign of the old blood and Perrin has plenty of that. I also noticed that the 4th Emond's Feilder, Nyneave, has been completely left out of this discussion but by this logic she must be very strong in the the old blood.

I think it'll be Mat and Tuon trying to re unify Seanchan. Mat was born to be a general, where is a general without a battle? I don't think it'll be a big deal for Mat to leave home. I think he had some line when he got his memories that he didn't care as much about his family because he has memories of so many famalies or something like that. Also, isn't Mat the only one who hasn't returned to Edmonds field? I mean even Rand stopped by once to drop off someone but didn't talk to anyone while there.

I think it'll be Mat and Tuon trying to re unify Seanchan. Mat was born to be a general, where is a general without a battle? I don't think it'll be a big deal for Mat to leave home. I think he had some line when he got his memories that he didn't care as much about his family because he has memories of so many famalies or something like that. Also, isn't Mat the only one who hasn't returned to Edmonds field? I mean even Rand stopped by once to drop off someone but didn't talk to anyone while there.

Are you smoking crack? Of course Mat cares about his family, I'm wondering what will happen when he link up with Perrin and finds out what the Whitecloaks did. Nyneave hasn't gone back or Egwene. Mat plan to go back to Two Rivers, but not live there, just see his family.

I don't have the books with me, but im pretty sure theres some scene where Mats wondering where to go when hes about to leave Rand after Ruhidean and hes not sure that he wants to go home because to him, its not really home anymore with his new memories and gaps in his old ones.

Also if you compare Mat to Perrin or Rand, they would both love to retire and become edmonds fielder again. Perrin wants to lay down the axe, pick up the hammer and Rand is just sick of all the pressure being put on him. Can't you see Perrin giving up his new life after TD and settling down somewhere? THe same for Rand. I just can't see that hapenning for Mat, Mat isn't just going to settle down somewhere.

I could also see Nyneave moving home again with Lan, i still think she dislikes kinda dislikes being an Aes Sedia, she has yet to get involved in the tower politics unlike Elayne and Egwene.

Archived