DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mat and Tuon in 10 years

grump

Married. Ruling the world. Raising little ones. Feeding and watering Bela.

Ya'know, the important things. ;o

Seriously, I would guess she would become Empress, may She live forever, with Mat trying to make sense of everything, and trying to unite Seanchan with everyone else (and with itself). And babies.

Given that Seanchan is facing the most issues post Tarmon Gai'don... dealing with the revelation about sul'dam, and the respect that i expect will come from having fought side by side with Aes Sedai and so forth, as well as the damage Semirhage has caused... if he was going to set a story anywhere following TG Seanchan has the most options.

I agree. The Seanchan Have lost their base of power on Seandar and will have to fight to control it again. The biggest problem in Randland I see for the future will be of the BT snd WT(respectively) and of Rand himself.(I swear please lets keep his fate on its proper thread, body swap mangled king, etc)and what happens to his kingdom, which I doubt he will want anymore. Seandar is in total chaos and much has to been done not just with land masses but their society has been shown to themselves now as flawed and they must right it. That is where Mat comes in(believe or not...MAT! :lol: ) He will teach them civility. Tuon will continue to poke at him. He will continue to say Blood n bloody ashes and he will indeed gain all the respect of "his" people when they see he had blown the HOV. I dont have a clue where RJ would even start but if I had to guess it would be the Return...to Seandar to rebuild and they would say something like I'll be back and the like to Randlanders about the Haline PART 2!!!!

Mmm. Even Rands kingdom, and subsequent issues will not match the upheval in Seanchan society to my mind. I mean Rands kingdom already has people in position to reassert seperate control... when he drops out of the game it wont be a large issue.

Do you think maybe he will use the catalyst of the destruction of the empire in Seandar to have a uniting of sorts in Randland??? After all there are many places where the Seanchan may not be all that differednt, except for the laquers n such. They may be able to go to Arad Domon(sp) where there is no real leader and take over and have their own land or emissaries in Randland. Since Rand will die in TG it seems there will still be war so some will be mercinaries. I only bring this up because of Mat. Randland is the land of his birth and I dont see him abandoning it all to easily. Any thoughts?

Seanchan is a mess now, I don't think Tuon can regain full control even if she is he greatest politician in the history of all ages.

They might go around adventuring, then eventually gathering enough support to win back the empire. (Like Aragorn?)

She will be able to with time.

And i suspect that the Seanchan will hold the land they've taken. I do not see them taking Arad Domon, or needing to. and the peoples of Seanchan are very different. The Consolidation only finished completely two hundred years ago, and there are still numerous constant uprising. Those we have seen in Randland are merely the faithful members of the Empire.

Since the old blood runs almost pure in both Mat and Perrin, and since Perrin has given up the right to set up the old kingdom again, Mat who hates nobles is going to end up the big cheese in Randland who just happens to be married to the Empress of the rest of the world after the shake up at TG

I see the current state of affairs as 1943 Europe, at least in the west. A few minor blows to the Shadow, ie Italy, but most focus on building up for D-Day. The problem is that rather than a strong unified United States, we have the Civil War breaking out. After TG is done we will have destruction in the westlands and chaos in Seanchan.

I was thinking today that The Return reminds me of "The Exodus II" return to the Jewish people to the Promised Land. And if Mat loses an eye - he can be Moshe Dayan (spelling) one eyed Defence Minister of Israel in the early years - I think under Ben Gurion and Golda Meir (some Israeli help me here)

Mat's definitely going to be a daddy' date=' many times. Why do you think the Pattern gave him Olver to practice on? :D[/quote']

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Tuon tells him she's expecting his child. I can just imagine Mat being stunned with shock then turning tail and running out of the room, only to be brought back in a few second later by the Deathwatch guards Tuon thoughtfully posted outside for that very purpose!

:lol: :P

I totally agree I would love to see their kids - but right now I think they haven't gone beyond kissing even so they are officially married now!

So when will they have their "wedding night" - Tuon actually had never kissed anyone before Mat - so I hope he is gentle with her.

Archived