DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A List of Unanswered Questions/Unresolved Plotlines

- Is Sleete a DF (and Hattori)? If not, then why is he unshaven and following Gawyn around the WT? And, how does a middling AS end up with a near legendary blademaster for Warder?

Hattori has retaken the oaths presumably so no, and it would be difficult for Sleete to hide it from her, and he also let Gawyn go to the rebel Aes Sedai camp without a fight. Stopping him and creating more distrust among the forces of the Light would have made more sense for a darkfriend. He's probably following Gawyn because: they're friends, he want's to help him, and he's bored. As for being unshaven, well it's the Last Battle, facial hair can wait. Sleete may not always have been such an outstanding blademaster. Perhaps Hattori simply has a good eye for choosing warders.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to think of things that haven't been mentioned...

- Who is the shiny dragon that manipulated Masema (really interesting article on theoryland, apparantly it was a female forsaken)

- More resurrections? (If not Sammael, maybe Osan'gar, Mesaana, Semirhage? I can't recall if Asmodean was balefire'd or not.)

Also, I don't think that everything has to be resolved per se. Some things (like vacuoles) could very well have been thrown out with no intention for future mention. For that matter, I'd like to see more AoL (Sho-wings, Jo-cars, Shocklances, are they just planes, cars, and guns?). But this topic isn't just things we'd like to see.

Trying to think of things that haven't been mentioned...

- Who is the shiny dragon that manipulated Masema (really interesting article on theoryland, apparantly it was a female forsaken)

- More resurrections? (If not Sammael, maybe Osan'gar, Mesaana, Semirhage? I can't recall if Asmodean was balefire'd or not.)

Also, I don't think that everything has to be resolved per se. Some things (like vacuoles) could very well have been thrown out with no intention for future mention. For that matter, I'd like to see more AoL (Sho-wings, Jo-cars, Shocklances, are they just planes, cars, and guns?). But this topic isn't just things we'd like to see.

Asmodean cannot be resurrected, as stated by the late Robert Jordan himself. Semirhage was balefired. So, her thread is toast. Mesaana isn't dead. So she cannot be resurrected. And I think that it has been confirmed by Jordan and Brandon that Sammael is also toast and will not come back. That leaves Aginor/Osan'gar as a possibility.

1) What happened to the objects of the power looted from Ruidean?

2) What happened to the objects in the "great holding" in Tear? IIRC, the only thing taken from there was the fat man angreal.

3) Do Thom and Moiraine eventually get married?

4) After the LB (if he is alive) Do Lan and Nyn reclaim Malkier, and is Sharina their AS advisor?

• 2 weeks later...

@Theodril: Ah, I couldn't remember if Semi and Asmodean were balefire or just normal... fire or something. As for Mesaana, someone would have to kill her first just like with Lanfear (Slayer or Moridin, we still don't know). It's too late in the books if you ask me, and it would be silly to have an infinite chain of resurrections, but hey - if I was the DO, that's what I would do.

@Theodril: Ah, I couldn't remember if Semi and Asmodean were balefire or just normal... fire or something. As for Mesaana, someone would have to kill her first just like with Lanfear (Slayer or Moridin, we still don't know). It's too late in the books if you ask me, and it would be silly to have an infinite chain of resurrections, but hey - if I was the DO, that's what I would do.

I don't believe they ever actually say exactly how Asmodean was killed, but since he'd been training the DR, and not really acting too much like a Forsaken, even if he could be resurrected, I doubt the DO would care to. As far as Sammael goes, it's disappointing that RJ said he'd be gone, I don't think he was Balefired, and was one of the more intruiging Forsaken, IMO. My questions:

I definitely wanna know about Olver too (Gaidal?)

I want to know Rand's questions to the Finns.

Whether or not Sha'ra gets involved in the LB, if rumors about their channelers and successions are true.

How Mat finally kills the Gholam (you know he will, somehow)

There were a lot of other good, solid questions in here I'd like to see answered, and I think many of them will be, probably in some cool ways. Reading threads like this just make me wish I could sleep until January

To add to waht is above, a few questions (sorry if some of them have known answers)

- Where has Merilile (sp?) gone, carrying a Windfinder under her arm?

- The fate of the DF in Caemlyn who seem the most active at this time.

- Will Liandrin remain shielded her whole life ?

- What of the countless DFs that will inevitably survive the last battle ?

- Who is Olver ?

- Why Bela just didn't kill the Dark One in book 1 ?

- Is Tomas a DF ? Did he really spend "his last hour with his family" ?

- Who unraveled the traps on the male A'dam (I'm not convinced it's Elza) --> Is there a high profile DF among the remaining AS or Aiel around Rand ?

I listed only (relatively) minor plots here, as I guess/hope all the major ones will be resolved in AMoL (things like "where is Demandred" or "what will Moirane do").

I can guess one answer at least... Olver- He is Birgitte's soul mate.. Gaidal Cain.

but every clue points toward this conclusion...

1)he must be younger than birgette...

2) he is ugly

3) he is reckless

4) birgitte is very concerned about his fate, as shown in book 13.

there you go!!

one question to OP...

why did you ask this... Why Bela just didn't kill the Dark One in book 1 ?

thanks

How did Moridin know Rand was in Shadar Logoth when Rand and Sammeal were fighting? (my guess: he is taim and one of the ashaman who helped in Illian traveled to the BT and told him)

What caused the ripples that Faile and company felt in KoD? (weakening of the seals further?)

The Fate of the Shaido who returned to the Waste? (they are the remnant of the remnant?)

Why 11 chairs at the forsaken meeting in the Ansaline gardens when only nine were alive at that point. (No idea, apparently the Shadow doesn't know Sammy is dead which strikes me as very odd...)

What happened to the fat man angreal that Rand had taken when he was captured in LoC? (Aes Sedai souvenir?)

Will the Warder bond counteract the poison of the ter'angreal rings of the bloodknives? (Its setting up for Gawyn to use one or all of them)

IMHO you are wrong about Taim's true identity.

he must be Demandred.

thanks

I can guess one answer at least... Olver- He is Birgitte's soul mate.. Gaidal Cain.

2) he is ugly

3) he is reckless

there you go!!

I believe RJ confirmed that Olver is definitely not Gaidal.

@lionheart RJ said that the World of Dreams doesn't work like that. A day in the real world could be 2 in the dream world but it doesn't work with years and Olver is like 7-11 years old and we saw Gaidal Cain in I think FoH. My guess is that Olver is just a kid or another hero who was spun out. He might be Artur Hawking reborn.

2) he is ugly

3) he is reckless

there you go!!

IMHO you are wrong about Taim's true identity.

he must be Demandred.

thanks

Demandred is not Taim. RJ has stated this in multiple interviews

Yeah I know that. But the point is RJ (may he ever RIP) is not anymore concerned with these worldly matters. :sad:

IMHO Brandon can change his earlier minor points (if only to conclude the story cohesively in one last book)

because there is not much ink left to accommodate new twists and turns for these minor details....

Anyway I am at least pretty sure Olver is Gaidal Cain. (just look at the conversation of Birgitte with Mat in the last book).

these are my 2 cents!

thanks

@lionheart RJ said that the World of Dreams doesn't work like that. A day in the real world could be 2 in the dream world but it doesn't work with years and Olver is like 7-11 years old and we saw Gaidal Cain in I think FoH. My guess is that Olver is just a kid or another hero who was spun out. He might be Artur Hawking reborn.

yes, that is entirely possible. But still I feel... anything is possible in WOT!! :biggrin:

Thanks for your view.

I don't believe they ever actually say exactly how Asmodean was killed, but since he'd been training the DR, and not really acting too much like a Forsaken, even if he could be resurrected, I doubt the DO would care to. As far as Sammael goes, it's disappointing that RJ said he'd be gone, I don't think he was Balefired, and was one of the more intruiging Forsaken, IMO. My questions:

I definitely wanna know about Olver too (Gaidal?)

I want to know Rand's questions to the Finns.

Whether or not Sha'ra gets involved in the LB, if rumors about their channelers and successions are true.

How Mat finally kills the Gholam (you know he will, somehow)

There were a lot of other good, solid questions in here I'd like to see answered, and I think many of them will be, probably in some cool ways. Reading threads like this just make me wish I could sleep until January

Yes, Mat killed the gholam (or it least dropped it into an infinite void) by tricking it through a skimming gateway then closing it and the Kin holding it letting the platform go.

As far as Rand's questions, we do know two: He asked them how to cleanse the taint from Saidin and received a riddle in response (which he apparently solved). He also asked them how he could survive the last battle and was told "to live you must die."

I would be interested to hear Rand's third answer, but TBH I'm even more interested to hear Moiraine's.

What's the question Harine will ask Rand? (TGS 5, they had a bargain: Rand asked a question from Harine; Harine said she'll ask her question later)

Was the death of Adrin a bubble of evil, or did someone use Semirhage's blood trick? My guess: If it wasn't a bubble, it might be Merise who heard Semirhage's tale of blood and is secretly Black Ajah. (That hasn't been proved, just my guess) The only other who heard it was Cadsuane, and it's clear she isn't DF. This theory isn't though very plausible, Semirhage didn't know there was Blacks in Rand's camp until she met Elza. So she can't have taught the blood weave to Merise. And why would anyone want just to kill a random soldier?

It was a bubble of evil because Aviendha's weaves couldn't really affect it like in Perrin's camp with the snakes that the Wise Ones, Aes Sedai, and Asha'man couldn't fully heal. If it was Merise, Aviendha's weaves would've done something. I don't think any of the Aes Sedai in Cadsuane's group (Merise, Samitsu, Corele, and deceased Daigan) are Black Ajah

2) he is ugly

3) he is reckless

there you go!!

Correct. Olver is 7-9? years old now. We have seen someone, Nynaeve I believe, see Gaidal in TAR in the present for that book. At that point Olver was at least 5-6 years old in the real world. TAR time flows faster or slower than RW time for someone there, but not backwards.

Gaidal is most likely Grady's son. Similar description and born in the later books, after his appearance in TAR.

I would be interested to hear Rand's third answer, but TBH I'm even more interested to hear Moiraine's.

Me too. Her's must have something to do with sealing the bore. Just read from ACOS about Min's "one failed" vision concerning Rand defeating the DO. And it had to do with her "knowing" Moiraine to be dead.

Min's perspective. "What good to tell him he would almost certainly fail without a woman who was dead and gone?"

At the time of their trips into the doorframe, Rand was thinking of the approaching battle as a fight between him and the DO. With him slaying the DO in order to win. He was concerned with living, winning, and channeling afterward.

Moiraine being a bit more wise about the WOT and the endless battle, probably asked how to seal him back up. Not destroy him.

I highly doubt it but what if Gaidal ended up to be Elayne's son. We haven't seen him since FoH (I think) and Elayne became pregnant in WH.

Interesting thought, but Gaidal is supposed to be less-than-attractive, to put it nicely, and based on the character descriptions, I wouldn't expect Rand & Elayne to produce an ugly baby.

I highly doubt it but what if Gaidal ended up to be Elayne's son. We haven't seen him since FoH (I think) and Elayne became pregnant in WH.

Interesting thought, but Gaidal is supposed to be less-than-attractive, to put it nicely, and based on the character descriptions, I wouldn't expect Rand & Elayne to produce an ugly baby.

the leading theory is that the Twins inside elayne are the twin heroes from tGH who are said to be heralds of a new age

Archived