DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Green Ajah Festival of Lights: New Year's Eve Dance

Basel Gill

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as the song seems to have changed three times since we've been discussing this, it might be best if we were to pick something out and start dancing to it. *chuckles* Whether or not that song is the Chicken Dance, I shall allow you to decide. *smirks and quirks eyebrow*

Shame, that is. Rather than marking champagne, the only thing midnight shall bring with it for me is an end to this evening. *frowns and looks at the ground for a moment, but in an instant, his grin is back and he's staring intently into Athena's eyes* Shall we make the most of these last few hours? *best grin and holds out hand*

*agrees with Basel*

How about this?

http://youtu.be/TjJHnKw7YNA

Thorkin...this is a ball...not a barn dance! *giggles* :tongue:

*Agrees with Rhea... twice* I just got back from an early (very early) NYE dinner. I had Cajun fried perch at the place across the street from my favorite bar. On the actual New Year's Eve, I plan to stay home. Now I have to go check on the champagne here.

Why thank you... I have just the music in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTLTyeGVdBg

*smiles and takes Kwom's hand briefly before curtseying slowly and gracefully, moving into a waltz position. She steps backwards in the classic waltz steps for a single rotation then spins underneath his arm before they move down the ballroom, swirling in the waltz steps faster and faster, as the music swirls, repeating the twirl when the music indicates it's appropriate. Then as the music become slower and more wistful the dancing slows and becomes more flowing, as Athena (still following the waltz steps) transfers both her hands to Kwoms shoulders and sways in time to the music, then as the music becomes wilder lets go and spins off alone, dancing away, rejoining him briefly to clasp his hands then spin off again... Finally she returns to him and dances slowly in front of him, matching his moves like a mirror and slowly brings her hands up like swan wings in time to the music before going back to the waltz position for the original waltz and twirl combination which gets faster and faster a more triumphant, as the music concludes. Finally as the last notes die away she lets go with one hand and spins off into a kneeling position, still holding one of Kwom's hands*

*exultant laughter*

That was amazing! This whole night has been wonderful, and a lot of it is thanks to you, Kwom. *smiles into his eyes*

But don't worry - I'll still be here, even after the clock has struck and the coach has turned into a pumpkin. ;)

*shares in her laughter*

Aye, I must agree that it was! On both counts. *grins* However, I can't help but feel that you did a lot of the work... *strokes chin* I'm glad that I could make your first dance at the White Tower so memorable. I, of course, admit that I can reciprocate your feelings for tonight entirely. Tonight has been wonderful and a lot of it is thanks to me. *grins and flinches* Only kidding! *returns smile* You see, I've seen enough movies to know that this is where the rogue leans in for the kiss. However, the entirety of my being is yelling at me not to be un pazzo, so I'm afraid that it must wait. *chuckles and winks* In any case... *leans forward and brushes her cheek with his lips* Un pazzo. *winks and grins*

This brings me much joy. And, I must admit...the sound of pumpkin hot chocolate sounds absolutely delicious. *smirks like he did in his signature ((that is my face beneath that hood by the by, I simply felt the need to mention that))*

*laughs and lightly brushes Kwom's cheek with the tips of her fingers*

Thank you, Kwom. You've just proved that you are a gentleman as well as a rogue. I appreciate it. I look forward to seeing you around the forum in 2012.

Is that really your face? I can't see much of it... Just a chin. :biggrin: So far, so good, but I'll reserve final judgement for now. (My avatar is my face too - but it's a self-portrait I drew six months ago so it doesn't do me justice.)

Anyway... *picks up a flute of champagne from the conveniently placed side-table and hands it to Kwom then takes a glass of apple cider for herself*

To the New Year!

I'm feeling very optimistic about this coming year...

*aside to Kwom* Pumpkin hot chocolate? Sounds interesting.

*Smiles as Thorkin goes by spinning Heart*

Maybe you need a slow dance to catch your breath!

*bows to Thorkin as he takes her hand and listen as the music magically changes to Tchaikovsky*

I believe this is a waltz Sir.

Archived