DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Haunted Mansion - The Gateway to Halloween at the WT and WG

** Niobe realizes that the potion she took as an antitode really wasnt one...it did cure the monster inside of her but now a new one came up. She seems to shrink and stoop over a bit. She wrings her white novice dress in her hands and runs to Ithi**

Master Ithi, Niobe doesnt think this seems to safe.... Let Niobe bring you somewhere better for Master Ithi.... Master Kara and Master Rek seem to find these people a bit dangerous and Niobe doesnt feel that Master Ithi is safe

**Niobe starts tugging Ithi closer to the warders. When she sees that Ithi is not budging, she starts banging her head against the wall**

Stupid Stupid Niobe... shouldnt meddle in the affairs of AS. Should wants to serve them not get in the way. If Master Ithi wishes to stay, Niobe must stay and serve her and her other Masters.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Igor knew that the intrinsic level of greed within the humans would cause them to stop near the Treasure Vault. That one there, the late comer, threatened to spoil all their plans. He would have to be dealt with first.

Now where ith that bloody lever? I thwear thith place ith tho covered in dirt and cobwebth that I can't even find my own trapth anymore. Ahhhhhh got it.

Igor pulled the lever and moved on to his next victim, without even looking back to see what happens. If the human was fleet enoughto escape then fair enough. Either way he wouldn't be a problem anymore - he would be squished or trapped outside the mansion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTElEK2UV0Q

Now, where ith that upthtart young Warder? Really the Mithtreth thould know better than to thend thuch a young man to hith doom. Thith mutht be the theventeenth time sthe hath tried this and it never ever workth.

The Dragon would have to wait - only his Master would have the power to subdue it - and he had his mind on other things at the moment.

*Unable to avoid his legs being swept out from under him Tim falls on his face*

ooof! So that is the way of it then your ungrateful vermin? The greedy one will be dealt with in his own suffering. You will have yours in turn!!! BWAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

*flips a switch and the floor opens and closes upon Niobe and Tim sending them down a watery slide to darknes...... and leaving Rekinu with Dracula*

*looks coldly at Rekinu*

A duel you say? And vhat is that you offer should I vin?

Nothing?

Ah vell then I must respectfully decline. You see, I have no incentive to accept your challenge. No villingness. However, I can tell this answer will not satisfy you- you have the smell of my vife's perfume all over you. No doubt she has... infected your brain with the notion that you would have a chance at defeating me. Vere I a more merciless being, I might actually delight in decorating this chamber vith your blood just to foil yet another of my vife's attempts to murder me. However, you are still a resident of this Vhite Tower that we find ourselves in, a realm which has been most hospitable to me and my friends. I can not spit on their hospitality by slaughtering one of their own, and such a young one at that. So rest easy, my dear courageous varder, your death shall not come this day.

With amazing preternatural speed, Dracula suddenly appears directly behind Rekinu and seizes the young warder

That does not mean however, that I shall let your sleight go by unpunished.

*leans in close, whispering*

Nobody challenges ME in my own house!

With that, Dracula flings the warder through a nearby stained glass window with ease, shattering it as the screams of the warder trail outside for a moment before he falls roughly into a thorny bush.

Now then, vhere vere ve?

A loud roar reverberates through the Haunted Mansion, chilling everyone who hears it to the bones. Igor begins flipping through a book and rambling on about how to fend off a dragon. Throughout all of this, Dracula stands unmoving, a strange look of anticipation and apprehension mixed together on his face. As Turin the Black Dragon suddenly comes winging into the hall with everyone else cowering away in fear, Dracula begins to transform himself. With Turin headed straight for him, the ancient vampire grows into a great monstrous lizard, with scales the color of dark crusted blood.

Silly varder, did you think you vere the only one who could become a dragon?! My name literally means "Son of the Dragon"! Come test yourself against me and see if you can accomplish what thousands of others have attempted!

Right before Turin is able to barrel into the Count, Dracula pushes Ithilian out of the way of danger. Turin smashes into him, knocking him through the balustrade and off the balcony. They hit the ground together, a writhing mass of claw and scale. They separate momentarily before flying into the air at each other, locking together in mid-air mortal combat.

Trailing behind the rest, enthralled with the ornate furniture and architecture of the place, and curious about the strange roars coming from deep within the house, Poet only just came around the corner to witness Rekinu flying into a stained glass window.

"Rekinu!"

Amazed by the forcefulness and speed she had barely enough time to weave a shield of air behind him to slow his fall and protect him from the glass. Her breath catches in her throat as she watches Vlad transform before her very eyes, and the emergence of another dragon.

As they fell over the balcony, Poet rushed to the edge of the broken wood to see. "Ithi, you OK?" This is bad...

Turin sees the creeepy old vamp throw Reki out the window. The thirst for battle comes over him. With a great roar he rushes toward the demon, closing the distance rapidly. The evil creature begins to transform into his true demon self. by the time Turin reaches him, Drac is now also a dragon. In a great collision, they both crash out into the courtyard. After a momentary clash on the ground, they both take to the air to settle this.

Evil demon! you show your true self at last. You will meet your doom.

Airborne Turin releases a gout of flame at the monster. It has no effect as the demon's scales appear to protect as well as his own. This will be an even match. Now that battle has begun in earnest Turin is able to regain the oneness and plan his attack.

The two dragons swoop and wheel in the air to gain advantage. Turin is able to get in a swipe rending the demon's flesh, just avoiding the monster's counter strike. First blood acheived, but he knew that the battle was far from over.

Hopefully the others were escaping...

Ithi was pushed to once side as Dracula assumed the form of a terrible Dragon. Now that his full attentioned was focused on the Turin Dragon, his grip on her mind lessened and she began to come away from his influence. He was devilishly charming though. Perhaps it had not all been compulsion after all. :wink:

She shook her head to clear it, and recognised Poet standing nearby. Luckily she had been able to save Reki from any serious damage.

Not good at all Poet, but part of me is just dying to see how this will all end.

*Due to Poet's quick thinking, Rekinu was saved from serious damage, and he rolled over, looking up to see Poet and Ithi looking at the fighting dragons. Thanks poet...*

Come down here, hurry!! We should leave while Dracula is occupied! *Looking around, he sees a discarded ladder, and grabs it, leaning it against the building.*

*Scaling up it, he assists Poet, Ithi, and the others down to the ground.

Igor heard the rumblings of dragons fighting far above him. As usual, it was down to him to sort this out. Fighting his way through the detritus and cobwebs of centuries, he found what he was looking for. To be honest, when he had it installed he had never thought that he would have to use it - especially not here! But that one in the green shawl had used something that looked suspiciously like magic and in the distance he could see a crowd of other shawl wearing women approaching, and more men with swords - men that looked like they knew how to use them. It was time to go.

Thtupid vampireth alwayth thpoiling thingth. We were on to a right cuthy number here. Ah well all thinth mutht end eventually ...

redbutton.jpg

Igor reached out and pushed the button that started the countdown. Hopefully all the natural residents of this world would be able to exit in time. One of them did look like she was still inside the Mansion's boundaries, but that couldn't be helped.

countdown-o.gif

Nya followed long behind the others. She knew this was not the time to run around screaming erratically. Still, before also going down the ladder she lingered, and sidled over to the Banshee.

Err,hey. Look I know youre a busy, umm, person...thing, but - can i get an appointment? For a...screaming lesson? i wanna perfect my technique and pitch. :smile:

She sees Reki motioning and starts towards the ladder hurriedly.

i have to go, so thanks for that, and bye! :biggrin:

The two wyrms continued struggling with each other mid air, occasionally breaking apart just to launch into each other anew. As they continued to brawl, the mansion began to shudder and vibrate. Soon the vibrations began to work at the foundation, and whatever wasn't being destroyed by the fight between the two dragons was soon crashing to the floor anyways due to the increasing vibrations. Lights started flickering and stairs and chambers began slowly reforming themselves, the chaos matching the tumultuous battle which continued to rage on.

The dark red dragon suddenly broke away and attempted to flee, but the monstrous black form of Turin was close behind, hounding Dracula at every turn. As Turin came closer into range, he struck Dracula with one of his huge hands, sending the Count careening off into a wall. As Dracula struck the wall, the house shook with a violent tremor, and the vibrations and flickerings started to happen quicker. Weakened by the struggle, Dracula was transformed back into the form of a man, and lay battered and bruised on the ground.

Turin swept down in front of him, and the sounds of his claws clicking on the marble tile became a steady beat as he got closer and closer to Dracula. Dracula glared back in defiance.

You might think you have von, my cursed foe, but now comes the true test. Can you finish the job? Come into my embrace, you vile creature, and test your vill against mine!

Dracula spit to the side as Turin advanced, bloody spittle marking the floor. The house continued to quake.

Turin sees Dracula break away and fly off. He chases after him and manages one more good swipe knocking the demon from the air. Dracula begins to transform back into the creepy vamp he had been, still bearing the wounds from the recent battle. Turin lets out a great roar and a burst of flame up into the air. He lands and walks back to the injured Vamp. Dracula still has some fight left in him based on his challenge. Turin bleeds from his own wounds, for the fight was not easy. He moves slowly to finish this demon.

Now you will trouble us no more, foul beast.

At this time, Turin feels a strange sensation... He is changing, the loss of blood may have caused the Dragon potion to lose it's effect. He is shrinking back into the man he was. At this time he first start to notice the weird manner the Mansion is changing, as if it's reality were fraying apart. Turin is taken aback by the events of the last moments but he still is confident he can deal with this vamp. He pulls his sword and advances.

This is more fitting Drac, that we finish this as we were meant to.

Turin attacks, but the vamp is too fast. humans were not meant to battle creatures with that much speed. His sword is knocked away with a forward swing and the return swing knocks Turin into the air to land several meters away...

It matters not what becomes of me, my friends have escaped. do your worst.

Dracula grinned his usual confident smile as he advanced upon Turin. Yes, it was a stroke of luck that had the warder's transformation end abruptly to save Dracula, but it wouldn't be the first time his luck had saved him.

Before he could get to the warder however, a shape moved lightning quick right behind Dracula, lifting up a globe and shattering it upon Dracula's skull. The Bride of Dracula stood over the Count, quivering in a fit of rage at seeing Dracula almost defeat another of her plans. Dracula tried to rise back up, but she collapsed on top of him with her own amazing strength and they grappled with each other.

Vhat are you doing, voman?! Get off of me!!!

Dracula's Bride simply growled back into his face then suddenly shot a glance at Turin, using her vampiric powers to begin to compel Turin to attack Dracula. In a haze, Turin rose up and casually picked up a piece of a wooden beam that had fallen from the ceiling. He advanced up on the undead couple, a slight look of uncertainty displayed across his features

Ithi stood once more at the entrance to the Mansion. It seemed like only a few moments had passed since she stood here last. Who would have thought that it would all turn out like this.

She saw the dragons clash and battle in the air, Turin the Dragon struck hard and caused Drac the Dragon to fall to the ground, his powers weakened. Transformed back into his debonair self - it seemed unlikely that he would be able to withstand Turin's might. Luckily Turin's transformation had come about courtesy of a certain Potion Class - and such things are easily reversed. Ithi knew the antidote recipe off by heart and quickly applied her knowledge - casting it across the arc of the sky. Turin the Dragon became Turin the man once more.

Now it would be a fair battle at least. Or would it, The Bride's rage and anger at being bound to Dracula for all eternity rose to the surface and she picked up the 'Happy Halloween from the White Tower and Warders' Guild Souvenir Snow Globe' and smashed it into Dracs head, at the same time using her evil powers of compulsion to drive Turin onwards to finish the job with a stake.

Drac looked Ithi in the eye, but had no powers left to compel her to help. Why shouldn't she let him be destroyed? Perhaps something from time spent with him earlier still lingered, she didn't want his undead existence to end here - he had been very charming and hadn't bitten her or anything. Was he really so very bad?

Ithi made her decision. Re-entering the Mansion, she grabbed a large and tasteful gothic style candlestick and twapped the Bride hard over the head with it. That's what happens when you try and build your part in the last few seconds after doing hardly anything the whole rest of the time. Truly the Bride was a lastminute.com. She collapsed and released Turin from her gaze and he faltered.

The Mansion began to glow. Ithi recognised the light as being similar to that from when it first arrived. It was leaving ... But she was still inside along with Turin.

Turin watched as Dracula stood ready to destroy him and then from nowhere The Bride came and was fighting with the vamp. Turin suddenly felt the hatred of the Bride having to endure centuries of Drac's chasing everything in a skirt. Part of him understood her pain but part of him understood Drac's loneliness in being with this gold digger.

Why was Ithi running to defend the vamp? Turin didn't know but when she knocked the knocked the bride out he was back to himself. Looking around he knew they had to get out of there before the Mansion moved to another plane with them in it. Turin took Ithi's hand and led her back outside. Ithi went grudgingly as she was still somewhat entranced by the debonair vampire. Just before they reached the doorway, Niobe came running past them looking back to say "fly, you fools".

Ithi shook herself again and they ran outside to safety...

Enough was enough. Their time here was over. Igor used his Igonoscope to confirm that everyone who was in the Mansion should be in the Mansion, and everyone who should be out was out. Shame about that Ithillian, she looked like she would have fitted in here well, but that pesky Turin had put paid to that. Igor sighed as the portal light became brighter and brighter - he hoped they would be remembered fondly - who knows, maybe they would be back one day.

Thank you all for having uth monthterth here in your beautiful abode. We have enjoyed ourthelvth immenthly :). It ith time to leave however, although with a longing thigh and heavy heart. Until our triumphant return ... Goodbye!!

The light burned through the mansion, engulphing it in its lumionosity. It would not be long now. And then, it began to contract ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU2lC8D6Z5k

And with that ............ They were gone.

THE END

Cast List

Now it's time to try and work out who was who. Feel free to guess in the Thread. Our Monsters will revel themselves shortly.

Dracula ... ???

Wolfman ... ???

Bride of Dracula ... ???

Igor ... ???

Frankenstein's Monster ... ???

The Invisible Man ... ???

Screaming Banshee ... ???

If you already know the answer, because of some other reason, please don't let on in here ... But feel free to guess at anyone you don't know. Even people who have been monsters can guess of course.

Good luck.

Cast List

Dracula ... ???

Wolfman ... ???

Bride of Dracula ... ???

Igor ... ???

Dracula ... Fnnorolobotman?

Wolfman ... Wolfbro?

Bride of Dracula ... Ithillian?

Igor ... Elgee?

Frankenstein's Monster ... Turin?

The Invisible Man ... Millon?

Screaming Banshee ... Rhea?

Cast List

Dracula ... ???Not telling :myrddraal:

Wolfman ... ???WolfBro would fit here

Bride of Dracula ... ???Could be Kate

Igor ... ???You know who you are :wink:

Frankenstein's Monster ... ???Fnorrlly perchance

The Invisible Man ... ??? Thinking Key

Screaming Banshee ... ???Nyanna, the Screaming Accepted

Not my best guessing. We shall see.

This was loads of fun. Thanks Ithi.

Cast List

Dracula ... ???

Wolfman ... ???

Bride of Dracula ... ???

Igor ... ???

Dracula ... Fnnorolobotman?

Wolfman ... Wolfbro?

Bride of Dracula ... Ithillian?

Igor ... Elgee?

Frankenstein's Monster ... Turin?

The Invisible Man ... Millon?

Screaming Banshee ... Rhea?

Kate! I am so flattered!!! Alas...I am not the Screaming Banshee. But thanks for thinking of me!!

Cast List

Now it's time to try and work out who was who. Feel free to guess in the Thread. Our Monsters will revel themselves shortly.

Dracula ... ???

Wolfman ... ???

Bride of Dracula ... ???

Igor ... ???

If you already know the answer, because of some other reason, please don't let on in here ... But feel free to guess at anyone you don't know. Even people who have been monsters can guess of course.

Good luck.

Dracula - I'll go ahead and guess... Boopsy?

Wolfman - Hrmmmm.... Wolfbro makes sense but I'll through in Fnorrll as a wildcard

Bride of Dracula - Torrie?

Igor - I'll go with LG here as well

Frankenstein's Monster - erm, Moon?

The Invisible Man - Millon?

Screaming Banshee - Nyanna would truly be almost too good of a fit :tongue:

Archived