DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Logain's future glory

agreddon

okay, now any speculation about Logain's Future Glory? I can think of two slightly different possibilities.

1. Logain survives the Last Battle and builds the Dark Tower on the memory of Rand al'Thor, becoming a less radical version of Masema.

2. Logain survives the last battle and becomes the Dragon, so to speak.

okay' date=' now any speculation about Logain's Future Glory? I can think of two slightly different possibilities.

1. Logain survives the Last Battle and builds the Dark Tower on the memory of Rand al'Thor, becoming a less radical version of Masema.

2. Logain survives the last battle and becomes the Dragon, so to speak.[/quote']

I tend to believe that he will get the credit for defeating the Dark One.

That last occured to me also, though i wont like it if it does happen.

Logain survives the Last Battle and builds the Dark Tower on the memory of Rand al'Thor, becoming a less radical version of Masema.

Logain builds a nexus in space and time? Or did you mean the Black Tower? :lol:

I think Logain will come to Rand's aid at some time of battle right before TG- Maybe a battle between him and Taim or SH, or Moridin- but either way, Logain will be there to help him and will save the Dragon Reborn's life to allow him to fight the DO.

On a side note, I also think that the Rand is going to somehow live while still fulfilling the prophesy, get the power burned out of him in the Last Battle, and save the world, leaving the fate of the Black Tower in Logain's hands.

I don't think anyone will hold jurisdiction over bother towers following TG, and certainly not someone who lets himself be ruled by his Aes Sedai.

I came up with that theory based on a few ideas and facts.

1. The towers are moving closer together mainly through bonding

2. Nicola's foretelling "The gaurdians will balance the servants"

3. The Seanchan are a threat to both towers and are very powerful.

4. Narishima will "follow after" Rand

5. Narishima is a good cantidate, he is an obedient Warder to an Aes Sedei, but it is with a normal bond so his obedience is volentary.

6. Narishima is an Asha'man who seems to be respected by his peers.

But you are probably correct in this not happening.

To those thinking Rand will be burned out, not killed:

What's the big deal if that happens? We know that Nynaeve can restore severing, I would assume being burned out would be similar. I'll be extremely disappointed if they burn Rand out and somehow Nynaeve can't figure out how to heal him.

Honestly, I fully expect Rand to die. RJ has worked too hard making Rand into an unlikeable hero to let him live.

Indeed, i do not see being burned out as satisfying the requirements of the various prophecies about his death.

I came up with that theory based on a few ideas and facts.

1. The towers are moving closer together mainly through bonding

2. Nicola's foretelling "The gaurdians will balance the servants"

3. The Seanchan are a threat to both towers and are very powerful.

4. Narishima will "follow after" Rand

5. Narishima is a good cantidate, he is an obedient Warder to an Aes Sedei, but it is with a normal bond so his obedience is volentary.

6. Narishima is an Asha'man who seems to be respected by his peers.

Nevertheless, he is a boy still, despite his actions and yes, that he is of an age with Rand. Additionally he is a follower. He followed Rand, he follows Merise. I don't see either Tower putting someone like him as their head.

Guest cwestervelt
But Logan is a darkfriend.. Why should he help Rand

Eh' date=' huh? Confusing Logain with someone else, are we?[/quote']

Considering RJ's penchant for misdirection you can't rule it out entirely. Considering how set may people are on Taim being the villain, it would not be a surprise for Logain to turn out to be one. Don't forget how the Forsaken in the Black Tower turned out not to be Taim, and Taim did not appear to have known who he was.

Whether Logain is black or not doesn't change the validity of questions about his motivation for helping Rand. I don't buy that is is out of the goodness of his heart or gratitude to Egwene for releasing him. He only survived to reach Salidar because of a desire for revenge against Aes Sedai. That's bound to be tied in with why he follows Rand.

aaaaaaaaahhhhh, cw, stop trying to be a voice of reason. :lol:

Cancha tell? Everybody has already choosed-up sides.

Over here we have THE GOOD GUYS. Over there we have THE BAD GUYS.

And, for almost everybody, each character is firmly on one team or the other. It doesn't matter what team Jordan intends for any player to be on, the readers have already voted. Electioneering, even well reasoned electioneering will not be allowed. :wink:

Whether Logain is black or not doesn't change the validity of questions about his motivation for helping Rand. I don't buy that is is out of the goodness of his heart or gratitude to Egwene for releasing him. He only survived to reach Salidar because of a desire for revenge against Aes Sedai. That's bound to be tied in with why he follows Rand.

But what *glory* is there in being evil? There is power over the masses, sure.. but glory usually means the masses love you and approve of you.

Archived