DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dragon Cave Users

Red2111

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the soul peaces were lovely sprites.   for me, i'm glad to have them because it gives me to a chance to go ahead and get another pair of the Kittehs released from today.   I have a feeling hat so far, these will be the most sought after of the release.

Blunas are another hybrid I adore as well  :wub:

but back to names, I also reserved names for the OPs i'll be breeding to get my Hellhorses. it will read as the following

The Lord is my shepherd

Hallowed by thy name

And tho I walk thru

the valley of shadow and death

I will fear no evils

for thou art with me

Thy rod and thy staff

they comfort me

use one of the dragons on your scroll now as a place holder, then swap the name over when you get the intended dragon.

the D1's grew up!!  and the D3 hatchies are lovely.  i'm glad I reserved the naming scheme I did :happy:

Oh wow, I just happened to see this topic, I haven't messed with that game in years! Judging by this thread, a lot has changed, too. My username on there is Arya Ellesmera, my link looks all weird though..

http://dragcave.net/user/Arya%20Ellesm%E9ra

I might mess with it a bit, but I don't know if I'll be able to really get back into it after all this time, I'm kind of curious now though!

Arya, it will be hard to play catch up but not impossible. TJ has decided to do scheduled monthly releases on the first sunday of each month from Mar. until Sept.

btw, tonights new release is one egg. found in all the biomes but it has 3 alts  *twitches*

I APd the two kittehs I caught yesterday for 3 spaces.  my other 3 kittehs will hatch tomorrow, so i'll be jumping on tomorrow as well when I get time to try and catch 3 more.   hopefully i'll get 2 of each.

a little info,  these are rumored to be a new Metallic called a Copper Dragon. each egg will house the exact same sprite, only the color will be different.  the coloration difference comes from the oxidation that happens where the egg is laid.

Desert/Volcano - hot, arid - dark oxidized (grey/brown-red)
Coast/Jungle - wet, humid - green oxidized / verdigris (green/blue)
Alpine/Forest - "normal" environment - normal bright copper (orange-red)

but yes, seeing the drops (how normal eggs mingled back in within the first release hour) and how quickly and how few are dropping; its highly likely these are rare, like Gold/Silver rare.

my suggestion is to catch these now while their easier to catch and go ahead and try to get a pair of each.

YESH!!!  I just nabbed one, a purplish one.  its code is "tJhUG"  XD

thanks TJ, I needed a hug after all of that frustration.  and I know what this babies name will be.  gendered Male, incubated and hidden.

now, to get a green and a red one

on page 20 of this thread, there are two posts that have pictures of each of the stages, the descriptions and where they're found :) 

the description is "This egg gleams with a reddish shine."

in other news, I snagged a green one some how on the xx:20 drop.   now for the red one and i'll be content until my 3 remaining Kittehs hatch tomorrow evening.   then I get to start all over :laugh:

*hoops and hollers*  snagged a Red.  happily egg locked until 1pm tomorrow.  yes, my spreadsheet of doom for this included listing the time I snagged them so I know to the minute when my egg slot will open again.  I also have it tracked which code has been gendered male or female so I can keep my ratios equal :smile:

i'm so glad I held off breeding the hybrid.

the reason why some people hide them as soon as they get them, especially with the rare releases and dragons; there is a thing called "view bombing".  where a person puts your dragons in a lot of hatcheries and on sites with the aim to kill them.

for the Coppers, because they are a rare dragon (will be anyways) I hid them JIC someone targeted my scroll for view bombing out of spite of me catching a dragon they were after.

it depends.  you can view the egg you missed by getting the code from the URL bar off the "this egg is no longer there" page. 

if they have it clicked in their account settings for their scroll name to display, then you can see who got it.  in this case, that asshole view bombers will sometimes enter in your scroll name to the hatcheries.  other times, they just snag the single eggs code and pop that in.

its very spiteful and rather un-necessary, especially over a free game of made up creatures that are nothing more than pretty pictures.

Archived