DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What would you be in Randland if you had to choose?

t.shaleva

116 members have voted

1. 1. What would you be in Randland if you had to choose?

So, if you had to choose, who/what would you want to be? Remember these are very dangerous times...It's not easy to be the Dragon Reborn, the Aiel people may disappear, soldiers are paid with food, the Horn of Valere is already found, etc.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a question like that I think you'll find it very hard to make an inclusive list of choices.

My first choice would be someone like Herid Fel running the school in Cairhien that Rand started.

I also would not mind being Mat (sans the missing eye).

I chose Ogier, even though I know they aren't human and I can't sing at all. Not much of a speaker, either. I would probably prefer asha'man, but then there's the draw-backs. I guess one wouldn't be guaranteed to be a particularly strong or Talented one for that matter. No easy choices anywhere.

Lord Captain of the Children of the Light.

Rising higher is deadly, but honestly, Geofram Bornhald was a decent person without being a super-special person (like, say, one of the great generals) and most of the others seem to be fundamentally decent if easily led astray.

An Asha'man might be nice too, if I were one in Rand's retinue... anything else is a bad deal, seemingly. Not the general decency of the above option.

An Asha'man I'd say. Sure I'm not all for the drill they have and right now it's like crazy dangerous with Taim running the show, but the several centuries as a channeller after the LB without fear of the apocalypse and of being turned by the shadow make it the best.

Forsaken! :) I would love to be from the AoL and know so much about the OP. Not necessarily darkfriend-esque though, I would do more of my own thing without the restrictions the Light puts on Aes Sedai for example.

Liberty or death. I would align myself with the Shadow out of purely philosophical reasoning. The entire concept of the wheel is perverse and offensive to my sensibilities. To be enslaved for eternity in a circle of endless repetition is a farce. Even in my present incarnation I wouldn't know how many previous lives, fates and destinies I had to toil through in my endless stream through the pattern. The destruction of the wheel and the release from an eternal mock slavery seems the most noble, altruistic and magnanimous action that a mere mortal could undertake in that world. After all what is life enslaved to eternal repetition and never being able to advance or be allowed to evolve? Pointless. Life is not profound and utterly lacks in meaning or purpose.

Sorry guys, I accidentally managed to delete the poll (AAAGGGH) :( While I was trying to add Warder there (can't believe I forgot it the first time) Anyways, if someone is curious there were around 5 Asha'man, 2 Aes Sedai, 1 Amyrlin, 2 Ogier, 3 Others, and 1 Maiden of the Spear

Sorry guys, I accidentally managed to delete the poll (AAAGGGH) :( While I was trying to add Warder there (can't believe I forgot it the first time) Anyways, if someone is curious there were around 5 Asha'man, 2 Aes Sedai, 1 Amyrlin, 2 Ogier, 3 Others, and 1 Maiden of the Spear

Why would anyone wanna be a Warder?

I would have to choose Asha'man. Maybe get the chance to bond an Aes Sedai!

I agree. Though choosing Asha'man is dependent on the assumption that I am not in the tower with Taim. Nearly chose Aes Sedai but there are those pesky three oaths and all the duplicity that entails.

Why would anyone wanna be a Warder?

Well, apparently there is at least one person who wants to be a Warder. I guess it's because of all of the benefits that come with it like endurance, strenght, the cloak, etc. The only problem would probably be that you'll have to listen to your Aes Sedai most of the time, but I dont' think Warders really obey their Aes Sedai except when in public. Lan is pretty cool even if he wasn't the Uncrowned king..I guess that was Gawyn's dilemma as well...To each his own :D

I'd be Aes Sedai, just so I can fix that sinking boat.

How could I NOT want to be The Dragon Reborn?!

Why would you want to be? Rand's got a pretty raw deal.

Soletaken Eleint. You know, an actual Dragon!

Lol. This comment is rife with irony.

I'd be Aes Sedai, just so I can fix that sinking boat.

It might be an interesting challenge, but I wouldn't want to have a sex change.

Asha'man. The end times come and go, but the ability to make a man's head explode at 500 meters never loses its value.

You want to be an Asha'man to blow up heads from a distance ... You do realize there's something seriously wrong with that. :biggrin:

Guest PiotrekS

Liberty or death. I would align myself with the Shadow out of purely philosophical reasoning. The entire concept of the wheel is perverse and offensive to my sensibilities. To be enslaved for eternity in a circle of endless repetition is a farce. Even in my present incarnation I wouldn't know how many previous lives, fates and destinies I had to toil through in my endless stream through the pattern. The destruction of the wheel and the release from an eternal mock slavery seems the most noble, altruistic and magnanimous action that a mere mortal could undertake in that world. After all what is life enslaved to eternal repetition and never being able to advance or be allowed to evolve? Pointless. Life is not profound and utterly lacks in meaning or purpose.

Hi, Ishy :tongue:

I would like to be a female Ogier. Or an Aiel clan chief (multiple wives...runs) :tongue:

Although seriously I would love to be a researcher in the Age of Legends. When you're able to actually liberate an eternally imprisoned evil deity, it must mean some pretty cutting edge research, right? :smile:

Well, I have to admit that I agree with quite a lot of that.

Given however how the world functions there, it's between getting stuck in fate or being devoured by an eldritch abomination. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

As for the poll, I would have to roll as an Asha'man.

Archived