DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Pink Loincloth Tavern

You'll be fine :smile:

Instead of 3 pedals there's just two, your accelerator and brake. You'll press in the brake (just like a manual minus the clutch) to start up. Then you'll likely have a shifter either down near the center console or up by the wheel. Shift it out of park and into whatever gear you want (reverse or drive) and go. Instead of having to watch your RPM and changing gears, everything is done for you! I think you'll actually find it much easier. I kind of prefer to drive automatic over manual, if I have the choice. It's just less to do when I'm driving.

Thanks(! doubly for not laughing out loud!!), that's kind of what I was thinking it was like.

Obviously I can't say what I prefer, but I do like manual, I'll just have to get used to my left foot doing nothing

I always feel I have more control over the vehicle when driving a stick (manual) but I think automatic is easier. You'll get the knack of it, it really isn't hard. I learned how to drive on a stick shift and the first time I drove an auto I felt kind of weird too. Just keep your left foot down and make sure you don't press the brake and accelerator at the same time :tongue:

The event was awesome! There were a few WoT questions asked along with all the other questions on his personal books and everyone had a great time. Had three friends who went up with me and they all seemed to enjoy the trip and meeting Brandon as well.

I had four books signed

1: Steelheart ARC

2: Rithmatist ARC

3: Steelheart

4: Firstborn/Defending Elysium (Convention Exclusive)

Along with my books I also had a store event poster I was given + my Steelheart lenticular card signed.

Edited by Nikon

• 2 months later...

*breaks down the door to the abandoned tavern, and surveys the desolation and dust that has settled over the pink loincloth.*

Look what happens, I leave for six months and the Band's main tavern builds up a layer of dust enough to hide a hobbit in. Well, this just won't do.

*Gets out an industrial fan to start blowing the dust out the door and all over the rest of the band. Lights up some candles, and lights, and rolls a couple of kegs out to set it up for some drinking.*

Alright then you lazy mongrels, the infant has reopened the Pink Loincloth. Come and get some quality Guinny, and perhaps even some of the lesser drinks if you ask nicely.

*puts on a pink loincloth and stands behind the bar, music blaring out of some speakers.*