DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Pink Loincloth Tavern

Well ummm...as a Veterinary Technician (Veterinary Nurse everywhere else I believe) even if you know the origin, raw meat of any kind can harbor parasites.  *nods*  But as adults, most of us can fight them off as we are not their host of choice, but there are some that want to stick around even if we aren't their first choice.  So while I do love me some raw beef...carpaccio, and my steaks cooked rare, we take the chance for those little wormies to get inside us. (and yes, this certainly includes raw sushi)

Now that I've grossed you all out...carry on!

Oh and Chae...that looks like tartar!

Jea, you can't judge sushi on one experience.

Just... do me a favor. 

If you like spicy:

Get raw tuna sushi, spread a very thin layer of wasabi, a couple slices of ginger on top, and dip in soy sauce.

If you don't like spicy:

Any kind with cream cheese, some ginger, dipped in soy sauce.

I don't like raw seafood very much, and not all sushi is for me, but certain kinds are soooo good.

Reminds me... when I was in Korea, a family friend from Seoul took me out to a very posh seafood restaurant. After I found out that this high-end restaurant served raw delicacies... it was a very interesting night, and I proved that I can be gracious and polite!

I tried the raw sushi many times....the consistency made me gag, not the flavor.  The two times I went to Ireland, the only thing I would eat for lunch was smoked salmon.  It is just so different from American smoked salmon. 

Besides!!!  Sushi does not mean raw.  Sushi translates to "fermented rice" so it's about the rice, not the rawness.  I love sushi, as long as it's cooked.  Sweet potato rolls are one of my favorites!

Well ummm...as a Veterinary Technician (Veterinary Nurse everywhere else I believe) even if you know the origin, raw meat of any kind can harbor parasites.  *nods*  But as adults, most of us can fight them off as we are not their host of choice, but there are some that want to stick around even if we aren't their first choice.  So while I do love me some raw beef...carpaccio, and my steaks cooked rare, we take the chance for those little wormies to get inside us. (and yes, this certainly includes raw sushi)

Now that I've grossed you all out...carry on!

Oh and Chae...that looks like tartar!

Don't eat brains. Seriously, remember mad cow disease? All caused from forcing cows to eat the brains of deceased cows. No brains people.