DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones

Emperor

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't even read the first book but after tonight's ep it makes me want to just go on to the second one lol.

Go for it. Seriously. The series as a whole is absolutely beautifully written, both from a technical and plot perspective. I'd advise reading the first book first, but you should be able to just go onto the second book easily enough with only minor confusion. First book has more depth than the series though.

/goes to watch the finale

ETA: Well, done watching it. I'm glad they actually got into the whole "Bran seeing his dad" thing; was worried they'd just not even mention it and his plot-line in season 2 would come out of nowhere.

i was very happy with the last episode. Elend i was afriad they'd leave it out too and YAY for seeing Shaggy Dog!!!! i'm glad they also included Rickon as well.

i wonder if Rickon has a more pivitol role in these later books than we thought, i mean it seems like HBO all of a sudden started including him, like GRRM might have said "hey you need to include Rickon on these bits becuase it's important to the later plot lines dudes

i loved Danny's scene, and felt major sympathy for Drogo. Sansa was AMAZING on the bridge, and Joff was a little snot like he should be. you could read her mind that she was thinking about tossing the little jerk off the bridge, and i was cheering her on there too lmao.

i loved the bit between Littlefinger & the Spider!! it really opened up their rivalry and characters for more growth next season. i'm also glad they showed Jon trying to run away.

the only complaint i have is that they didn't show Danny steping out of the fire with the dragons like in the book. totally the single most BA scene in the entire book imo; but i'm happy with the way they did it, especially since hey attemtped to show a bit of the dragons personalities. BTW, the black one is mine (kidnaps Danny's black Dragon) i love him in the series, and i claim him first here :baalzamon:

and the scene with Jamie .... my god i love him and the actor who plays him is doing WONDERFUL!!!! you guys who haven't read the series are probably wondering why i like such an evil character and defend him so much right ... well i'm not going to spoil it for you, you just need to read the books to understand his character fully *nods and snuggles her Jamie*

there was also this

i thought i rememebred Rob letting Theon free of his bounds once he's declared "King of the North" yet i don't remember that happening in the tv show. i had to step out a few times and didn't pause the show or rewind it, so i could have missed it. but this is an important plot point for the next season.

i also wish they had taken the time for Cat to ask Jamie if he sent the assassin after her son. i think she did it at this point, and it's fairly important considering how front and center that mystery was the entire time until the sender admits it.

another thing i wanted to point out was the Hound. i loved how the actor potrayed hte enternal conflict his character has with Joff and how he seems to already sympathize with Sansa in his own way. i think i rememebr Joff telling the Hound to hit her at this point nad the Hound out right refusing, right? i know there is a conflict that does come up concerning Joff & the Hound and his treatment of Sansa, but i can't rememebr clearly.

if my memory is clear, then HBO lost a good opportunity to pull support from the audience to the Hound, which eventually does happen

The finale was total awesomesauce. I loved the baby dragons so much!!! *glares at Red for stealing her favorite dragon* Red, you totally should share him with me...if not, I claim the cream-colored one (is that Visarhys?)

I think they did an amazing job with the series in general, and the finale in particular. I hope the dragons continue to be as awesome looking as they get bigger.

I actually teared up when Dany smothered Drogo. That was so sad. And didn't the scene with Cat and the Kingslayer happen in book 2?

*grins*

in hind sight and knowing what happens when you try to enslave or lay claim to this particular Dragon i think we shoudl just all share Drogo :laugh:

yeah if memory serves, the Balck one is Drogo, the Cream one is Viserys, & the Green is Rheagar.

I really hate Joffrey, such an annoying little kid.

But Game of Trones is the best show i've watched lately. The show started a bit too slow, but the show don't stop to amuse me. Too bad i can't read A Song Of Fire And Ice yet, WoT still occupies my attention.

if she keeps her dark hair, then its a very good fit. i more pictured her to look like henry's 3rd wife from Toudors, Annabelle Wallis . i thought Margery to have blonde hair.

jane.jpg

or maybe the actress that played henry's 5th wife, Tamzin Merchant

the-tudors.jpg

good that means she was already on pay roll and woudl be that easier to get into the action than bringing in a new actress to the set :laugh:

that and i really don't like Natilie with blonde hair. and her face is much to angular to really be casted as Margery imo. Margery had a more soft rounded girl like face. Natilie has a more grown woman mystic about her features that make you think Mistress honestly.

besides, she was wonderful as Anne in Tudors and i don't think her poweress as a manipulator and seductress woudl come off well in Meek little Margery whose wedding is nothin but a facade cause her brother is lovers with her husband.

Ok I tried reading the book but I couldnt get into it because of the sheer ammount of PoV characters all at once. Having said that I am hugely glad they did a TV adaptation for it because it really is an amazing story!

I know theres a risk of spoilers in coming here but Im not bothered by that.

I love it. The first few episodes werent great IMO but that was mostly just because I was still getting used to it. By the time the tournament started I was utterly hooked. When the Mountain lost his jousting match and chopped his horses head off... and then the whole two heavily armored knights fighting with greatswords... holy crap, it had been so long since I had seen anything like this that I was practically drooling

King Rob! Funny guy!

Rob: Whats this?

Servant: Its empty

Rob: What do you MEAN its empty!

Servant: Theres no more wine, your Grace

Rob: Is that what empty means?!?

And the whole "too fat for your armor" scene was HILARIOUS! Just the look on Robs face when he saw the Lannister servant dude laughing... Thats probably my favorite scene in the entire series, I laughed my head off!

Fetch the breastplate stretcher! Hahahahahaha

Cersei Lannister. Easily my favorite female character. Evil phwoar is always good!

Plus the last scene was amazing. I didnt expect to see them at all in the program but now there are three! I thought it was a nice little answer to the dire wolves in a weird way. Cant WAIT to see how that turns out.

Also I hope John Snow kills that new King dude. Hes a cool bad guy-I think they all are-but hes a snivelling little rat and he needs to die soon!

Well done George

Gwendoline Christie, a “classy shopper” in “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus,” has been cast as Brienne in HBO’s “A Game Of Thrones”.

Entertainment Weekly’s James Hibberd, a huge fan of the books, points out the following about Brienne:

Brienne isn’t a physically very flattering character in the books, described as a large and piggish-looking woman with an awkward personality who’s mocked as “Brienne the Beauty.”

The 6’3” Christie is at least large, as demonstrated by this photo with her tiny pal, “Pushing Daisies” icon Anna Friel:

friel%20christie.jpg

Archived