DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones

Emperor

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay that was amazing acting by Bean and all involved in the final scene. And it was shot awesomely. And the additions from the book actually made the entire thing so much better, Ned yelling "Baelor" as Yoren is now in my personal canon.

Everything about this episode was just simply incredible. I knew what was coming and still freaked out about that scene.

+1 HBO

last nights episode was intense nad outstanding!! i can't believe theres only one left!!!!

i teared up when Ed was beheaded even though i knew it was comming; i was also shocked that they did it this fast. i'm a bit upset over just how spoiler-ish the previews for next weeks episode are, especially with them shouting "king of the North"

I also think the image of Danny in the flames gives away too much too!

the 2 things i'm disappointed in are these

firs was with Tyrion's telling the story of his wife. they left out the last bit about Tywin making him go last and paying her a gold mark cause he's a Lannister. the story in itself gives the audience a good deal of contempt and judge for Tywins character, but that last bit really sends your heart out to Tyrion and show how much of a jerk Tywin can be.

the last comlaint i have is about Ed calling out to the guy. in the book, i was lfeft with a feeling of suspense and anxiety over Ayra becuase i had no idea who grabbed her in the crowd, or what their intentions were or even if they were a good or bad guy. HBO is losing this by Ed pointing him out and showing the man fully; people who pay close attention to detail will recognize either the actor, the name or even the clothes andw ill have a good guess as to who he is.

of course, i can understand HBO doing this last bit, as in the book you don't kow what happens to Ayra until Storm of Swords; with this being a TV series and people memory's being short term, you wont get the same effect and it makes sense to go ahead and resolve it.

I don't know, wasn't really all that excited with last nights episode. The end scene was great but I was pretty dissapointed with how they handled the two battles. For some reason I feel like the season has felt really disjointed. Only a couple of the episodes have really stood out. Maybe its because they are using different writers?

Last night's episode was amazing. I had read spoilers on how Ned kicks it a few days ago (by accident, to my annoyance) so I was expecting this, but nowhere near so soon. Maybe midway through the last episode. But this was okay too. I really want to know who that guy who grabbed Arya is though, and who the heck is Baelor. (note I haven't read the books yet)

Was also great to see Jaime brought down a peg. I'm all for the shiny Kingslayer, but it's nice to see him bloodied up too. ;)

Last night's episode was amazing. I had read spoilers on how Ned kicks it a few days ago (by accident, to my annoyance) so I was expecting this, but nowhere near so soon. Maybe midway through the last episode. But this was okay too. I really want to know who that guy who grabbed Arya is though, and who the heck is Baelor. (note I haven't read the books yet)

Was also great to see Jaime brought down a peg. I'm all for the shiny Kingslayer, but it's nice to see him bloodied up too. ;)

I'm about 90% sure they explained Baelor in a Tyrion scene, just a snippet of it, and kinda throwaway. But I'm seemingly the one person that recalls it. I'll spoiler that part if you wanna know; it has no bearing on the plot, it's just a bit of history.

Baelor the Blessed was a former Targaryen monarch. He was much beloved by the people and the Faith essentially elevated him to the closest thing to a Saint in the series. Tyrion, I seem to recall, notes he was a splendidly ineffective ruler in actuality.

Based more on what you can grasp from the episode- the statue that Arya was on is a statue of the historical figure Baelor.

On the person grabbing Arya:

Yoren, the Night's Watch recruiter that visited Ned earlier in the season. Ned tipped him off as to her location, so he could save her.

You can gather who it is from the show, as you've seen him in a few scenes prior to this and he's given a name. I spoilered it in case you wanna guess during a re-watch or something.

Last night's episode was amazing. I had read spoilers on how Ned kicks it a few days ago (by accident, to my annoyance) so I was expecting this, but nowhere near so soon. Maybe midway through the last episode. But this was okay too. I really want to know who that guy who grabbed Arya is though, and who the heck is Baelor. (note I haven't read the books yet)Was also great to see Jaime brought down a peg. I'm all for the shiny Kingslayer, but it's nice to see him bloodied up too. ;)
I'm about 90% sure they explained Baelor in a Tyrion scene, just a snippet of it, and kinda throwaway. But I'm seemingly the one person that recalls it. I'll spoiler that part if you wanna know; it has no bearing on the plot, it's just a bit of history.

Baelor the Blessed was a former Targaryen monarch. He was much beloved by the people and the Faith essentially elevated him to the closest thing to a Saint in the series. Tyrion, I seem to recall, notes he was a splendidly ineffective ruler in actuality.

Based more on what you can grasp from the episode- the statue that Arya was on is a statue of the historical figure Baelor.On the person grabbing Arya:

Yoren, the Night's Watch recruiter that visited Ned earlier in the season. Ned tipped him off as to her location, so he could save her.

You can gather who it is from the show, as you've seen him in a few scenes prior to this and he's given a name. I spoilered it in case you wanna guess during a re-watch or something.

AH thank you. That clears up a lot. Admittedly during the episode's Tyrion scene, I was focussing more on Bronn and my bf and I were trying to figure out who the heck that noble woman was.

So how long is the wait for season 2 going to be??

No idea, but I would wager them starting in April again. Either that or sometime in the last half of next year.

with the movie channel series, they don't do half seasons like Fox or USA does. so it will be a full year until Saeson 2 premires with lots of teasers come January. seeing as alot of us DMers follow the show, you can probably keep an eye on this section to get info on it. Emp's really good about getting that sort of stuff :happy: likely it will say "Storm of Swords, Comming April 2012" or somethign liek that following next weeks finale like Showtime did with the Borgais.

Tor - what Noble woman ... are you talking about Shae???? it said it in the episode who she was, so i'll go ahead and post it. she's a prostitute, well paid by Tyrion now of course. she was bedding a Knight in the camp, but Tyrion asked Bronn to find him a younge looking woman who looked decent to share his bed with him. she's not a Noble woman that i know of, her history isn't really gone into in the series though that i remember though.

anyone whose read the books, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong; it's been about a year since i've read the series and i've only read it once at that :laugh:

Ok, amazing episode, first of all. Two things really bugged me tho.

One, the wolf's head pommel on Longclaw looked amazingly fake and cheesy, and I was very disappointed.

Two, when Catelyn was telling Robb Lord Walder's conditions,

they left out the part about sending two of the boys to be fosterlings at Winterfell. And they say and do quite a bit in Clash of Kings, so not sure how they're gonna resolve that.

Otherwise, I thought the episode was great. I teared up when Ned was beheaded :sad:

Thanks for telling me how to do the spoilers :happy:

np Sakaea :myrddraal:

and OMG, your totally right, i rememebr commenting on that when that part happened too!!! their not too intergal to the plot line though, as those characters are more of a PITA for Bran than anything else, so it might be oay that they left it out *shrugs*

Tor - what Noble woman ... are you talking about Shae???? it said it in the episode who she was, so i'll go ahead and post it. she's a prostitute, well paid by Tyrion now of course. she was bedding a Knight in the camp, but Tyrion asked Bronn to find him a younge looking woman who looked decent to share his bed with him. she's not a Noble woman that i know of, her history isn't really gone into in the series though that i remember though.

anyone whose read the books, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong; it's been about a year since i've read the series and i've only read it once at that :laugh:

Oh. It's just that each question Tyrion asked her seemed to be true so I dunno. Unless she was lying I suppose.

And I FINALLY got what the hell Ned meant when he said "Baelor" to that dude. Thanks Red.

@Sakaea - Have you seen the Longclaw replica that Valyrian Steel makes? http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/swords/longclaw-sword-of-jon-snow/prod_2.html

The wolf head looks pretty similar (though there are differences) but I don't know how they could have made it better, short of making the head metal as well.

Filming for Season 2 starts in July of this year, which is the same month that it started last year. So I would expect Season 2 to start in March/April 2012.

GRRM is writing the episode titled, "Blackwater" which should spark intrest in those who have read the series.

Best quote from a newbie reviewer seen on the web (spoiler tagged for the GoT newbies here:

"I wish the deal made with the Frey's was more pivotal. I mean, Robb just has to marry one of the daughters. It's not anything life threatening to Robb." HAHAHA, aren't they going to be surprised!

It appears that Sean Bean (Ned Stark) was cut on the arm outside a bar in London on Tuesday as he attempted to defend a woman's honor.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/06/14/game-thrones-actor-sean-bean-stabbed-following-spat-over-playboy-model-report/?test=faces

Maybe ol'Ned rubbed off on Mr. Bean? It seems honor does lead to being cut. :biggrin:

Ned AND Boromir. ;)

Sean Bean is a BAMF, that is all.

Bearing in mind I haven't read the books; I don't get what's going on with Kahl Drogo (SP). I think it's safe to assume the "witch" lady poisoned him or something but if that's the case then why bother with whatever ritual thingy she's doing. If her aim was just to kill Drogo and/or Daenerys then she could easily have done that already. And indeed it seems she's succeeded with drogo since he was about to die anyways. So...I'm confuzzled. Oh and the ex knight dude who is with Daenerys is Mormonts' son that ran away and left the sword jon got right?

Bearing in mind I haven't read the books; I don't get what's going on with Kahl Drogo (SP). I think it's safe to assume the "witch" lady poisoned him or something but if that's the case then why bother with whatever ritual thingy she's doing. If her aim was just to kill Drogo and/or Daenerys then she could easily have done that already. And indeed it seems she's succeeded with drogo since he was about to die anyways. So...I'm confuzzled. Oh and the ex knight dude who is with Daenerys is Mormonts' son that ran away and left the sword jon got right?

You should see next episode what the Maegi's purpose was in what she did to Daenerys and Drogo. :smile:

As for the ex-knight... yeah that is Momont's son who fled the Seven Kingdoms and who would have gotten Longclaw instead of Jon. In later seasons, you should get more backstory to that.

Archived