DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So how would you do against the Trollocs?

Shaidar

35 members have voted

1. 1. How many Trollocs are you fairly sure of killing with an assault rifle?

I'm assuming that no-one is proficient with a sword, and even if you were, killing a huge man-bear in heavy plate armor is far harder than RJ makes it out to be.

So you get issued with an assault rifle, say one of the newer ones like the FN2000 (but you can choose), and dropped 200-300 meters from some Trollocs.

What's the maximum number of Trollocs you can down assuming they all charge at you?

One would be easy, but by 5 it would be very tricky. Still, I think I could pull it off if I don't panic (which is very much possible). Any more than 10 and you're likely doomed, IMO.

If you were deposited in the Blight how long would you survive?

Probably wouldn't last the day, even with supplies. Would step into some poisonous plant, or run across a band of Trollocs or Worm pack.

Oh, and finally, You vs Fade. Glock vs. black sword. 10 meters. Who'd win?

Also feel free to expound on how you'll do against other Shadowspawn:

Darkhounds - you and assault rifle, 200m

Gray men - sent to assassinate you right now

Jumara

Gholam - sent to assassinate you right now

Draghkar

Cafar

Forgers

I'm assuming that no-one is proficient with a sword, and even if you were, killing a huge man-bear in heavy plate armor is far harder than RJ makes it out to be.

So you get issued with an assault rifle, say one of the newer ones like the FN2000 (but you can choose), and dropped 200-300 meters from some Trollocs.

What's the maximum number of Trollocs you can down assuming they all charge at you?

One would be easy, but by 5 it would be very tricky. Still, I think I could pull it off if I don't panic (which is very much possible). Any more than 10 and you're likely doomed, IMO.

Probably wouldn't last the day, even with supplies. Would step into some poisonous plant, or run across a band of Trollocs or Worm pack.

Also feel free to expound on how you'll do against other Shadowspawn like Draghkar, Worms, etc.

I am a pretty good shot, so 5 it is. Deposited in the blight.... hmm like an hour or 2. And finally against a Fade, I would die, I can't face its gaze.

FN F2000 has an unrestricted magazine size of 30 rounds. It fires at 850 rounds per min. That's 30 rounds in just over two seconds. Let's assume you have 10 magazines and can reload in 5 seconds. That's 7 seconds from the pulling of the trigger of one magazine to the ability to fire another magazine empty.

Let's also assume a few more things: the field is open (no obstructions between me and the Trollocs), infinite number of Trollocs, and average one kill every 3 bullets fired.

Let's the Trollocs are 100 meters from me. Let's also assume they are running full tilt at me. If their running speed is similar to an Ogier, they can pace a horse going at a decent gallop. Let's say 20 MPH which is about 8.9 meters per second. Let's round that to 9 meters per second. That gives me ~11 seconds.

That's a magazine and a half. 45 bullets, let's say. Given my average kill ratio of one Trolloc to 3 bullets, that's 15 Trollocs in 11 seconds. So I could take out a fist of Trollocs with an FN F2000 (non-grenade launcher variety).

This is assuming I stand still.

If I'm running while firing behind me, let's lower the kill to bullet ratio to 5 bullets per kill to account for lack of aiming. For the sake of simplicity, I'm going to assume the reload speed is the same.

Let's say I can run a 10-minute mile (I can't). That's about 2.6 meters per second. I'm probably going to be running a great deal faster than that if I'm running from a helluva lot of Trollocs. So let's double it to 5 meters per second.

That puts the delta (difference in speed) at 4 m/s. Given an infinite expanse of space for me to run, and I run in a straight line, I have ~25 seconds before the Trollocs kill me. That gives me time to empty about 3 and a half magazines. That's 105 bullets. Given the kill ratio of 5:1, I can kill about 21 Trollocs before I die.

Note: While the math is sound, the reality is much different. I took many liberties in assuming kill ratio and reload speed. This was just meant to entertain. Hopefully it did just that. In the case of a Trolloc attack, it would probably be wisest to hide if you can. Do not take this as advice on what to do in case of a Trolloc attack. I am not liable if you or a family member dies in a Trolloc attack because you believed you could take 'em down based on my numbers.

Time for the OP to answer his questions...

As I said, I'm fairly sure I'd be able to do in 5 if I don't panic. Any more is a stretch. More than 10, the odds tilt sharply against survival.

"Probably wouldn't last the day, even with supplies. Would step into some poisonous plant, or run across a band of Trollocs or Worm pack."

You vs Fade. Glock vs. black sword. 10 meters. Who'd win?

Will probably be frozen and killed. However, if the eyeless gaze effect doesn't apply to our species of humans, or if my superior sense of rationality allows me to disregard it, I could probably kill the Fade. One big advantage is that it wouldn't even know the potency of a gun and might take its time striding over to finish me off (or so it hopes) with its sword.

vs. a Worm

Yeps, unless I have full-body Kevlar armor and a chainsaw (or something), or a machine gun positioned in front of the Worm's advance, I'll die. But it will be a glorious death.

I'd selectively target Fades with my assault rifle. So I'd kill a good deal, I think.

One on one against a Fade, though? I think I'd lose.

As for the Blight and against a worm... that's easy...

I'd be like this guy and use the presence of the worms to my advantage. I'd eventually carve out a small Empire, with my assault rifle and worm-riding abilities, and rule over all the Trollocs as their lord and master.

:flamingsword:

For my choice of weapon... If it had to be an assault rifle and not a heavy machine gun, I would choose the Пистолет-пулемёт Шпагина (PPSh-41). With a drum magazine.

If I had flat ground with no obstructions. I would most likely something like 50+, and this is being modest. I am a fairly decent shot and the PPSh-41 has very low recoil and very high fire rate. And like Magnetic Zero said, if I run my kills would increase. My kills would also increase if I was on high ground. Even more if I was in a tree. And by the way, this is all assuming I had twenty other drum magazines.

Since you left out a lot of the specifics I will just have to assume what you meant. I have a weapon, I have food and water and I was dumped right in the middle of the blight. I might make it one day, after that I would be a dead man. However if I had a full bio-chemist suit, I think I would last for quite a while seeing as how the suit will keep any loose poisons away from my skin and the suit will also hide my smell.

Assuming that the fear gaze didn't effect me, I should be able to wound him before he gutted me. If he decided to move slow, I might kill him.

Me vs Wyrm with any weapon besides weapons that don't exist and nukes.

I would win hands down with an M249 SAW mounted and pointed right at the Wyrm, however with an assault rifle (without grenade launchers), I would be in big trouble.

Me vs Draghkar with any weapon besides weapons that don't exist and nukes.

I would be able to kill it, but I would die too. If I knew a Draghkar was coming for me I would choose a grenade and pull the pin. Than as soon as I let go, BOOM!

Me vs Forsaken with any weapon besides weapons that don't exist and nukes.

I would die a very horrible death with any weapon.

Me vs Gholem(sp?) with any weapon besides weapons that don't exist and nukes.

I might win if I had a V2 rocket in my pocket but otherwise I would die.

If I was launched in the Blight, I would follow every advice given by Bear Grills, and try to survive long enough to have the required need to find the Green Man (assuming that happened before tEotW :D)

Against five Trollocs with a sword, not sure I could manage it. Against ten, no way!

With a FA-MAS, 5 or10 might be easy meat. More, and I would be in a cookpot in less than a minute ;)

Against a Fade with a glock, I would die rapidly. If I have a tazer and a rifle, maybe that would be an even match.

Against a Draghkar, I would use flashbang and sniper.

Against a Worm, I would use my feet to run the fastest possible. And die from exhaustion.

Against a Forsaken, I would praise the Great Lord himself before the fight even start.

Against a Darkhound, I would use grenade.

If I had flat ground with no obstructions. I would most likely something like 50+, and this is being modest. I am a fairly decent shot and the PPSh-41 has very low recoil and very high fire rate. And like Magnetic Zero said, if I run my kills would increase. My kills would also increase if I was on high ground. Even more if I was in a tree. And by the way, this is all assuming I had twenty other drum magazines.

if you where to run you would simply get run down since a trolloc can run as fast as a horse

Actually you might have a chance against some of the Forsaken with modern weapons.

Humans are very fragile relative to Trollocs, Fades, etc. If you're quick enough to get off an accurate shot at a Forsaken, you might luck out and win.

Bad that I missed Darkhounds. Will edit the topic.

Though of course, with an assault rifle and from 200m, I'd die against any more than 2 or 3 max.

if you where to run you would simply get run down since a trolloc can run as fast as a horse

You would get run down no matter if you ran or stayed. The point of running is that it increases the amount of time you have before the Trollocs can reach you.

Bad that I missed Darkhounds

Darkhounds and Fades are a bit different. They are not like Trollocs and Draghkar. The latter two are relatively normal in terms of durability. Darkhounds and Fades have an unknown durability factor that I simply can't account for. Same with the grolm, but those aren't Shadowspawn. That's why I didn't extend my math to include Fades.

You couldn't kill a dark hound with any modern weapons, save possibly a nuke. I thought they could only be destroyed by balefire...

I assume the Fade would block my bullets with his blade and move in close for a kill. Even. If a few rounds hit him, they wouldn't stop his advance. Even if his blade just barely knocked me, I'd be screwed. That's assuming that i could hold up against the fear that radiates from them.

Trollocs...um...a good assault rifle and field of fire would probably kill a great many of them. Once a large number went down, I think the rest would tuck tail and retreat. I don't really fear trollocs. A few well placed head shots would make short work of them.

A dragkhar would be hard to kill, but a frag would probably put an end to him. If he's in the air, a few rounds through his wings would probably send him somewhere else.

Forsaken. Hmmm. Depends on whom. Graendal, I'd probably surrender and hope I end up as one of her pets. Worse case scenario, i get a quick death. Best case scenario, i get to see a half nekkid Graendal everyday.

The only creature i truly fear and doubt I have to stones to confront would be Padin Fain. The dude is straight walking Evil and who knows what that psycho is capable of these days...

An assault rifle is a heck of a equalizer. Trollocs wouldn't be a problem. You would have to keep your head with fades. They look at you and you piss your pants. Give me and assault rifle? Scared or not I'm trying to blow a hole through a fade's chest. Forsaken? They see you first, you're done. You see them first? Don't miss. A dragkhar? Easy. Worms? You have to use the right weapons. Grenade launchers. Darkhounds & Gholems? You'll need a squad of men to take them down. Padin Fain? He'll get you before you know you should shoot him.

Given an assault rifle and some basic pointers on how not to kill myself/actually fire it, I'm pretty sure I could kill a trolloc. Multiple trollocs would present problems. Realistically... probably 2 tops unless they were lining up for target practice.

Archived