DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and Moiraine. How will it go down?

and nynaeve and moiraine actually end up being buds. too much to hope for?

Nynaeve has become very Moiraine like in her dealings with others, especially non-channelers. Often she is more condescending than Moiraine ever was, even using the whole "if I explained my every decision to you, I wouldn't have time to get anything done" line herself. Numerous times, I believe.

Even Nynaeve must realize it by now.

Plus, Lan, her hatred for AS, and her protection of the boys were the only reasons for the animosity.

Now, she has Lan. She's already admitted getting the boys out was the only way. She's accepted herself being an AS, and Eggy is the Amyrlin.

I think they will be friends.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Dida some sort of bot/sock/parody that spews out the craziest theories imaginable in every thread?

Don't think Moiraine will be burnt out.  My guess is that Lanfear had no idea what was going on when she toppled through, and immediately made some wish about killing Asmo.  Poof, done, and when she gets back the Aelfinn decide to take some of her power as part of the bargain.  Then she goes ape-(poop) over losing that, and is either killed by them or locked up so that the only way the DO can get her back is by killing her.  Moiraine presumably would have had some idea of what to expect on going through and wouldn't have done anything to get herself in trouble, but with the doorway melted, there's no way for her to get back.

Maybe if she is stilled adn healed, now looking a young girl, Rand will say

Wow Moraine, you look pretty hot.  Let me introduce you to my wives.  If you all get along they can always use another near sister, LOL.

Moiraine: 'sup.

Rand: Not much. You?

Moiraine: Didn't die.

Rand: Well, that's good I suppose.

Moiraine: Had that foursome yet?

Rand: Nah.

Moiraine: Bummer.

That has got to be the funniest thing I have read in the longest time ROFLMAO!!! Thank you.

Now, on the topic, I'm a little more apprehensive about the fairy tale coming together of Rand and The Duchess(what I call her because she is relentless). I know the whole love is the cure thing happened but I believe it to be wayyyy too soon for Rand to become all trusting. I think Moiraine will have one hell of a hard time convincing him it's her. He'll still keep Moiraine at arms length at best because, after all, he will still see her as Aes Sedai with her own plans. He will be uber excited that she isn't dead which will hopefully erase that rediculous list of dead broads in Rands head but he wont let her close.

Aside from Moiraine and Rand coming together, have you all forgotten who else is rescuing Moiraine? Who Moiraine wrote a certain letter to? Emotions have come out between her and Thom. I am more excited about those two coming together again. I think the lesson that moiraine is going to teach him about for him to 'laugh again' is that it IS love that trumps all and that he should make the most of what he has in front of him. Moiraine is going to be trying to help Rand but mor importantly she is going to be doing her thing with Thom. RJ forshadowed this situation with Siuan and Gareth Bryne. Thse two desperately need to let each other before it's too late. That's what it's all about.

My ONLY REQUEST is that it NOT go down anything like his reuninons with Tam or Hurin...those were disturbing and made me sad :(

Man, what was WRONG with Rand???

Rand is beyond upset, beyond cruel with people - even Tam and Hurin. I am on my THIRD read of TGS and I still can't figure out what is wrong with him.

Fish

My ONLY REQUEST is that it NOT go down anything like his reuninons with Tam or Hurin...those were disturbing and made me sad :(

Rand is beyond upset, beyond cruel with people - even Tam and Hurin. I am on my THIRD read of TGS and I still can't figure out what is wrong with him.

Fish

Well other then hearing a dead man's voice in his head, constant agonizing pain from his two wounds that wont heal, everyone relaying on him to save the world while sacrificing himself, and constant tries of manipulation from every Aes Sedai he deals with, i would say he is handling it well.

Umm....I think the books have done more than a good job of telling Rand's journey from a simple farmboy to the dark insane distrusting paranoid guy we see in tGS. Infact I keep wondering why Rand didn't go completely insane way earlier.

I am interested to see how Rand's reunion with Moiraine will go, but is anyone else even more interested in what her reunion with Siuan will be like? I mean, it's entirely possible it won't even happen in ToM, but guh. They were so close, and almost exactly matched in the power, and both believe the other dead, and I wonder if Moiraine will recognise her immediately, and and and...

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just be glad to have her back.  I remember early on not liking her much until i met other Aes Sedai then i realized just how awesome she was because lets face it most of the other Aes Sedai suck. 

HI

You could almost be my twin! I loved Moraine from the first get go and after I met other Aes Sadai (especially the Wonder Brats)...I realized how much more I loved her than any of them except for Siaun(sp). :)

Hmm I'm kinda worried it'll be too emotional/weepy. I think Rand'll be strongly affected by it (once he actually believes her anyway) but I can't imagine it being overly melodramatic. I also think he won't have that hard a time believing her since she'll probably have Thom or Mat (maybe both) with her when she meets Rand. And as crazy as he is, he still trusts them, I think, enough to believe they aren't totally lying to him anyway. 

Also, off topic, I wanted to point out that Moiraine's arrogance really did die down as the series went on. I think it was quite believable, and compared to most of the other characters, she was the quickest to realize she was wrong and try and change.  She was arrogant because she could afford it, she was from a very powerful family, not to mention she was Aes Sedai, and that meant she grew up with a kind of "i'm better than people" attitude. Not to mention when she met the boys, she was panicking because everything she'd planned for all these years was suddenly falling apart because things don't really go the way you plan.  To get back in control, she felt she had to have a tighter reign on the boys, but didn't tell them much because she figured if she didn't know what to do, there's no way three village boys would. So yeah, she was arrogant and overly secretive for a while, but as the books continued she realized more and more that she needed to let Rand do a little bit by himself and eventually realized she had to just give advice and stop trying to control him.  I dont know, I think considering she had a lot more right to be arrogant than a lot of even more arrogant characters do, she toned it down quite quickly and tried to change

Good angel there Cap'n. Never really thought about that too much. She.....annoyed me... with her secretiveness alot. So much could have been avoided if she would have been more forthcoming but she did learn, Come to think. I remember her saying once "I remembered how to channel Saidin" to Egwene on why she was doing as Rand told her to do. She finally learned to surrender her plans to what will happen just so she could stay close to the guy.......and then she dies. Sucks to be her. Finally get it and then BAM. You're done. God, I can't wait for this book. lol

Good angel there Cap'n. Never really thought about that too much. She.....annoyed me... with her secretiveness alot. So much could have been avoided if she would have been more forthcoming but she did learn, Come to think. I remember her saying once "I remembered how to channel Saidin" to Egwene on why she was doing as Rand told her to do. She finally learned to surrender her plans to what will happen just so she could stay close to the guy.......and then she dies. Sucks to be her. Finally get it and then BAM. You're done. God, I can't wait for this book. lol

She remembered how to channel saidar, haha

Anyway, I warmed up to Moiraine a lot after she made the promise to Rand. Especially when we saw her human side (like when she said please :) ). I think Rand will resume a relationship very similar to how they ended.

Anyway, I warmed up to Moiraine a lot after she made the promise to Rand. Especially when we saw her human side (like when she said please :) ). I think Rand will resume a relationship very similar to how they ended.

I could see rand being quite a bit warmer to her and having a deeper respect and appreciation for her (one of 4 that deserves it, Lan, Thom, and Tam being the others, other super people dont deserve it because of how they treated him after realizing he could channel, especially Egwene and Mat)

I could see rand being quite a bit warmer to her and having a deeper respect and appreciation for her (one of 4 that deserves it, Lan, Thom, and Tam being the others, other super people dont deserve it because of how they treated him after realizing he could channel, especially Egwene and Mat)

Mat's matured a lot since LoC, I think he's accepted Rand now and they'll be fine. Agreed on those four, would also throw Nynaeve in there.

On a side note, what will the relationship between Moiraine and Lan be like now? There will definitely be a scene with the two of them, Lan will feel like he's still Moiraine's Warder, but she'll be like "No, your place is with Nynaeve now. We both have different paths to walk. The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills." But will they be friends, or acquaintances, or what? I can't help but feel that Lan will still be protective of Moiraine.

Isn't she family as well, some sort of Aunt, I suppose that's only if you count second Cousins as family.  I think Rand found out something about that during the time shes had been gone. can't be sure.  Darn will have to start my re-read before the next book. ;D

I think Rand will be protective of her because their relationship started to become that in tSR, plus he's got LTT's memories, possibly others.  She's one of the few AS that respect tDR, Egwene is not included because she wants to control him.  I'm just waiting for Rand to drop the binding like criminals comment on the AS.

Archived