DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and Moiraine. How will it go down?

I keep wondering what this scene will be like.

Maybe something  this.. -Rand gathered the small Aes Sedai up in fierce hug, her feet dangling a full pace off the ground as he swung her around. " How?" he stammered, voice thick with emotion."-

Maybe not though. His first emotion will probably be suspicion. Of course,  if he thinks of Mat during the rescue then he may know it's really her but something tells me that the whole color-swirl thing will not work when Mat is in the TOG

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just be glad to have her back.  I remember early on not liking her much until i met other Aes Sedai then i realized just how awesome she was because lets face it most of the other Aes Sedai suck. 

I'll just be glad to have her back.  I remember early on not liking her much until i met other Aes Sedai then i realized just how awesome she was because lets face it most of the other Aes Sedai suck. 

Ugh, to me she was just more of the same suck.  I'm re-reading and in the early books again, and she spends most of her time (well, her and Lan) threatening farmhands with death and destruction and manipulating others.  She's genuinely an awful person, there's not even the slightest remnant of the girl from New Spring. 

Also, she knows things that NO ONE should know.  I'm still stumped how she knew Sammael was Lord Brend in Illian.  Did she sneak up to his door and here him in there laughing and talking about how no one knows his real name is Sammael a la Rumpelstiltskin?  Did she call out random Forsaken names and when she yelled Sammael he lifted up a hand like in North by Northwest?  It never has made any sense.

She's simply a horrible person crossed with Hermione Granger, i.e. an insufferable know-it-all.  I would love it if she stayed dead, but I guess she's coming back.  Hopefully Rand will freak and think she's it's a trap of the Dark One and Balefire her on sight! 

Theyl lock eyes and Marvin Gaye's 'lets get it on' will start playing, they rush into eachothes arms and the screen fades to black. Later they are shown lying in bed together, Rand smoking a pipe, he mentaly takes Moiraine Damodred off his women ive killed list, and puts her straight onto his women ive banged list

Theyl lock eyes and Marvin Gaye's 'lets get it on' will start playing, they rush into eachothes arms and the screen fades to black. Later they are shown lying in bed together, Rand smoking a pipe, he mentaly takes Moiraine Damodred off his women ive killed list, and puts her straight onto his women ive banged list

Oh my.... simply hilarious.

Seriosuly though, I'll just be glad that he can have a new advisor, to take over from Cadsuane.

I'm sure this is wrong but I picture their initial meeting somewhere along these lines:

Mat meets her in ToG and she is upset over having been stilled.  Mat says "we'll get you fixed up."  And of course Moiraine feels he is insane.

...They leave the Tower and the chapter ends.

Next chapter, a Rand PoV.  Rand is chatting with some people including Min and Flinn is either there or Rand has a readily available means of summoning him.

Someone mentions Mat and the colors swirl.  Rand sees Moiraine, but with out the ageless look.  Rand jumps up and says excitedly to Min: "you have never been wrong." 

Min is busy being confused as Rand gets Flinn.  Rand, Flinn, Min and probably a bunch of other people then travel to Mat and Flinn heals Moiraine.

They are happy and then something bad happens.

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong  ::)   {JK!!}

Srsly, what if Rand and Moiraine both die, and meet up again in T'A'R?

Rand wanders miserably through the reflection of Elayne's palace. Visits the nursery, sees drawings of his kids, weeps. All around, TG is raging.

Enter Moiraine. 'Hi Rand'

Rand: Oh, hi, Moiraine. I've failed. My children are doomed.

Moiraine: Not yet. The 'finns granted me thre wishes. Here's what you have to do.. {explains}

Rand: overcome with joy and hope: Get Me Out Of Here!

Moiraine: Wait for Mat to blow the Horn. Though there may be a slight delay..

Rand: There it is! You coming?

Moiraine: Of course. Lead on!

Moiraine: 'sup.

Rand: Not much. You?

Moiraine: Didn't die.

Rand: Well, that's good I suppose.

Moiraine: Had that foursome yet?

Rand: Nah.

Moiraine: Bummer.

Honestly, I usually just lurk these boards, but I HAD to post and tell you how AMAZING this post was :D Too bad it's too long for a sig...

I keep getting a picture in my head similar to the end of the movie, "Nutty Professor" with Eddie Murphy.

Matt and his group will find the section where Moraine is, and she'll be waving to them frantically.  Matt, not recognizing her severed, non-agelss look butt, will say to the others, "I don't know that fool!"

I like the idea that Rand will see a severed non-ageles Moiraine and think shes Caraline Damodred, like he gets the swirls of colour and is like "its Mat, Thom and... whats Caraline Damodred doing there?"

Go die in a fire!

That mix up was the first thing that popped into my head, and you had to go and steal it. Phaw!

Part of me wonders if Rand will ever see Moiraine again. While he does need her help to win the Last Battle according to Min's word it doesn't mean that he will actually ever see her in person again. Although I don't think this is going to happen it's still a possibility right?

Anyway, I think the reunion between the two will be another Veins of Gold moment. Something will cause Rand to have a catastrophic meltdown, perhaps the "future consequences" of touching the True Power BS talked about, and Moiraine will arrive just in time to snap him out of it.

Rand : "Mat, by the light, where were you, your skills have been needed here"

Mat: "I had a few things to take care of like getting married and now being Prince of the Ravens, then storming into the ToG to get an Aes Sedai back"

Rand : "ToG? Aes Sedai? Wait...who did you help get out?"

Mat: " The pretty girl you see behind me is Moiraine, she has been stilled "

Rand, looking at the girl: " How....how (in between tears falling)...how, your bond got severed and we'll all thought you were dead"

lol

Moiraine: 'sup.

Rand: Not much. You?

Moiraine: Didn't die.

Rand: Well, that's good I suppose.

Moiraine: Had that foursome yet?

Rand: Nah.

Moiraine: Bummer.

Honestly, I usually just lurk these boards, but I HAD to post and tell you how AMAZING this post was :D Too bad it's too long for a sig...

Aww shucks. *scuffs his feet*

Seasnake - I think you are the first person I have heard from that did not like Moiraine!

Anyway, about Lord Brend/Sammael, I always thought that it was the sense of evil...they all felt it, but Moiraine as an Aes Sedai knew that it had to be a forsaken, but I too don't know how she knew it was Sammael...anyone??

Seasnake - I think you are the first person I have heard from that did not like Moiraine!

Anyway, about Lord Brend/Sammael, I always thought that it was the sense of evil...they all felt it, but Moiraine as an Aes Sedai knew that it had to be a forsaken, but I too don't know how she knew it was Sammael...anyone??

Part of it was probably a process of elimination. The Forsaken wasn't shielding his dreams so everyone was dreaming about Lord Brend (making it a male Forsaken) and it couldn't be either Aginor or Balthamel since they're both dead. So this left Ishy, Demandred, Sammael, Rhavin, Asmo, and Be'lal. Not sure where she could go with it from there, though. You could also find out more about "Lord Brend" and probably make some other eliminations based on what's known about the Forsaken in the White Tower hisotires...if he's not interested in music you can get rid of Asmo, for instance.

Maybe she found a Darkfriend and made it spill the beans. Whatever it is she did seemed pretty dangerous, and apparently blew their cover because they had to flee right away.

There is a difference between liking Moiraine as a character and liking her as a person.  I love her character, but I too don't much  like her personality.  She is willing to do anything, including hurt innocent people, to get what she wants.  And she unnecessarily withholds information from people when it would only help her cause to be more open (as she finally realized before her death).

She WAS a cooler person after she realized that.  I was beginning to like her more right before she died.  And I did like her in New Spring.

I'm a bit worried about Moiraine's return. It would be very easy to try to make her too cool for school, which would be a bad thing I think. There's nothing worse than the character which leaps of a tall building to kill all the bad guys with a single sweep of her lazer beam eyes.

Moiraine's awesome. Probably my favourite character. But she didn't win every scene or always come out looking the best/on top. Brandon's done this a little bit with a few of the other characters--usually by dumbing down secondary characters so they can be shot down. Joline with Mat, for instance. Or Merise or Damer with Rand. A fair number of Aes Sedai with Egwene. And yes, though I know no one likes it because everyone was looking forward to Cadsuane getting slapped down, but Cadsuane with Rand and Tam.

I've always found this to somewhat lessen the success. I want characters to win coz their badass, not because they're fighting someone who conveniently sticks their foot in their own mouth and leaves themself open for attack. I want Moiraine to shake the world on her own.

Archived