DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who will live/die in TOM and AMOL (spoilers, just to be safe)

KefkaPalazzo

After reading a few threads, I had a sudden feeling..  shiver

I wonder if we will lose all three ta'veren, after the great battle, when the world is not yet done with battle.. Perrin may be killed and go to join Hopper in the Wolf Dream, Mat (and Birgitte) may also die, and then go and drink ale and dice in T'A'R, while Rand may die on SG then come back in Moridin's body...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading a few threads, I had a sudden feeling..  shiver

I wonder if we will lose all three ta'veren, after the great battle, when the world is not yet done with battle.. Perrin may be killed and go to join Hopper in the Wolf Dream, Mat (and Birgitte) may also die, and then go and drink ale and dice in T'A'R, while Rand may die on SG then come back in Moridin's body...

Mat will not die.  It has been stated that him and Tuon will have outrigger novels.  So that means he lives.  Thank god too.  I would be quite perturbed if Mat were to die.

I think the reason most of the good guys have survived thus far is that they very nearly all serve a purpose even to the last book.  RJ has said that for the forces of light to win, several things are going to have to end up happening a certain way or all is lost (don't have the exact quote)... The three most important things being whatever Rand, Mat, and Perrin are doing come Last Battle time.  But the other multitudes, both minor and major, have something to contribute still to those three causes or one of the other major characters' causes.  I have a feeling that the characters of lesser importance will start to drop after serving their purpose.  In ToM, their rate of demise will likely increase drastically, and it'll probably be darker and darker until the very last chapter of AMOL. 

Not like it'll be done indiscriminately; I don't see someone like Reene Harfor dying, but someone like Dylin is extremely possible.  Sebban Balwer?  Nah.  But Elyas Machera?  Yeah, I think so.  Uno?  I'm betting yes (if it's deemed necessary to include him ever again *grumble*).  Rand?  Yes and No.  Mat and Perrin?  No way.  Faile?  I don't think so because Perrin would simply not do what was necessary if that happened.  Maybe at the very end before he can find out but still I think not.  Tuon?  I wouldn't have thought it even if there was no outrigger talk.  She's too important as one of the few from Seanchan that can end up being helpful at the end, even if it means making her twist her near titanium will and beliefs a little bit.  Min, Elayne, and Avi are probably safe enough, especially Elayne.  Moiraine and Thom just have to have some semblance of a future together, so I think they'll live.  Bah, there's too many to mention...

After reading a few threads, I had a sudden feeling..  shiver

Mat will not die.  It has been stated that him and Tuon will have outrigger novels.  So that means he lives.  Thank god too.  I would be quite perturbed if Mat were to die.

That's very good news! I too would hate to lose Mat!

Asha'man: Taim will be sweetest.

Amen! That little prick has ticked me off so much. First I defended him against the Taimandred crowd, then I was won over into the Taimandred argument, then had to abandon that position because RJ explicitly said there was no Taimandred, and THEN he lets slip with a "Let the Lord of Chaos Rule"???

He deserves to die just for being so effing confusing.

• 2 months later...

Doesn't the whole outrigger novel thing about Tuon and Mat seem a little too obvious?  I mean, I know RJ said that, but I just wonder if we can take that at face value about their survival. 

No major characters have died yet, but if they were to start dying, it would be more shocking. I see it being either major death time or no major deaths.  I think though, that all main characters will suvive, that's the series history. 

i think some of this depends on wether ppl get trapped in the plug in the DOs prison again    if so  taim and moridin live  the other forsaken die.

mat and tuon live

i agree with uno dying and that we dont see him enuff.

galad and berelain live together

i think elder haman will die

tenobia might  depends if she is the "hawk"

leane is dead meat

I hope to see more forsaken die in a fight like Ishmael and at the end of fight balefire.

I think it would be good to see a fight between Rand and Moriden and finding they couldn't attack without hurting themselves. then on or both die and DO takes both their souls and puts them in other body.

I would like to have Egwene, Faile, Perrrin, Tuon, at least 20 aes sedai and asha'man.

Alright, really sitting down and thinking about it...

Rand is definitely a high possibility.

Mat and Fortuona will likely both live.

Aviendha, Elayne, and Min will all live.

Perrin and Faile will likely both live.

Egwene and Gawyn will probably live (could possibly see them dying, though).

Galad may die, but Berelain probably won't.

Logain will probably live, but not as certain.

Taim is a deadman - gauranteed.

The Forsaken will all die.

Thom and Moiraine will both survive.

Talmanes might fall, possibly Vanin.

Noal may die in Towers of Midnight, but he might also have a role to play in bringing down Moridin - since he's not happy about Ishamael having used him (Jain).

Bashere is likely to die (in my mind), and if he falls I think his wife will too.  Tenobia as well.

Fain and Slayer will both die.

Nynaeve will likely live, Lan will likely die (poor Lan).

Gareth Bryne and Siuan I could see going either way.

Many random Aes Sedai and Asha'man will die - (named characters that we know, but I just don't want to list them all, since any are possible).

Loial will likely survive, since he's writing a book about the whole thing.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the more prominent ones that I could think of... I tend to be overly cautious in my predictions, though, so I realize "likely" and "probably" aren't all that definite.  :D

Bashere will die and Perrin will take his place in Saldea. 

Taim will die at the hand of Logain

None of the Ta'veren are safe brecause of the creatures that are imune to the One Power (grolam i think?)

Siuan and Gareth will die.

Hundreds of AS will die

I hope Tuon dies and Mat too for marying the dreadful woman.

Just for TofM:

Who I hope will die-

• Elayne
  • Min
  • The Sea Folk, every single one
  • Graendal (As in, doesn't come back)
  • Taim
  • Trollocs
  • Aran'gar
  • Demandred

In that order. :D

Who I think will die-

• Demandred
  • Aran'gar
  • Graendal (As in, doesn't come back)
  • Selucia
  • Flinn
  • Elias
  • Lini
  • Olver
  • Noal
  • Trollocs

In no particular order.

Am I the only one who thinks some of the Forsaken will survive?

Please, Moridin.

Rand and he switches bodies, resulting in Moridins soul being "pushed out." Then Rand and co go to Shayol Ghul, see the Forgers at work, and watch them lugging prisoners about and whatnot. Business is business, the Shadow get whats coming to them, and Rand helps out the prisoners of Thakandar... then it cuts to one of the prisoners' PoV; Moridin in yet another body, thinking to himself that it was time to rebuild what the Shadow had lost, for this battle would not end until the end of time.

You know what, SCREW THE PROPHECY!  ;D I just hope that by some awesome random luck that Rand makes it all the way through, that he burns out and can go back to his boring life as a shepherd. I mean the poor dude, hasn't he had enough??? And he's just coming around again, maybe he'll be half the dude he used to be! I think that after all he's been through he deserves to live and have a peaceful life the rest of his years!

Guest Emu on the Loose

You know what, SCREW THE PROPHECY!  ;D I just hope that by some awesome random luck that Rand makes it all the way through, that he burns out and can go back to his boring life as a shepherd. I mean the poor dude, hasn't he had enough??? And he's just coming around again, maybe he'll be half the dude he used to be! I think that after all he's been through he deserves to live and have a peaceful life the rest of his years!

It'd be nice if there were a scene at the end of AMoL where Rand feels the Ta'veren pull, which has been gripping him harder and harder over the years, suddenly ease and fade out to nothing. And the birds would chirp, and the winds would rustle through the trees, and Rand would pass from Dragon to ordinary person. For someone in his position, after all these brutal adventures, there could probably be no sweeter gift.

I strongly suspect that Moridin (or SH, or the DO himself) will kill Moghedien as unceremoniously as possible.  Her entire career has been lying in wait for an opportunity to advance her position, and when the opportunity arose, screwing it up in some legendary fashion. Reference the Sad Bracelets in book 4, dealing with Nynaeve in book 5, being Nynaeve/Elayne's slave in book 6, being Moridin's slave and constantly disobeying orders in book 7-12, and her general uselessness at the cleansing.

She will break new ground in ****ing up, and the rest of the Forsaken will just give up on her.  It's been far too long since she's been onscreen (so to speak), and the series is about to end, so I expect it to be her last scene, whatever it is.

I hope to see more forsaken die in a fight like Ishmael and at the end of fight balefire.

I think it would be good to see a fight between Rand and Moriden and finding they couldn't attack without hurting themselves. then on or both die and DO takes both their souls and puts them in other body.

I would like to have Egwene, Faile, Perrrin, Tuon, at least 20 aes sedai and asha'man.

You've just reminded me of a Red Dwarf episode in which the guys, chased by a deranged simulant (aren't they all?) wind up on a prison facility that has a "Justice Field", which has a "I hit you with an axe and now my head is aching" effect. ;D

Back on topic, as far as good guy minor characters go, I'd say Bashere and Tenobia are both dead meat; also Hurin (who will find himself bound to the Horn, as Hawkwing suggested). When it comes to minor villains, I'd like to see Suffa strangle Liandrin. Or at least scratch her eyes out. :)

You've just reminded me of a Red Dwarf episode in which the guys, chased by a deranged simulant (aren't they all?) wind up on a prison facility that has a "Justice Field", which has a "I hit you with an axe and now my head is aching" effect. ;D

Back on topic, as far as good guy minor characters go, I'd say Bashere and Tenobia are both dead meat; also Hurin (who will find himself bound to the Horn, as Hawkwing suggested). When it comes to minor villains, I'd like to see Suffa strangle Liandrin. Or at least scratch her eyes out. :)

Yay! Red Dwarf is an awesome show!  :D  That would be really hilarious: Moridin balefires Rand - but that ends up wiping himself out instead.

Perrin-live

Mat-live but trapped

Elayne-biting the dust

Moraine-rescued then gets dead

Grendal-also gets dead for real this time

Ewgene- dead at the hands of her killer

Elyas-dead

Gawayn-jackass but lives for etenity in a soul trapper thing ala superman 2.

Rand- live and die and live again

Demandred- dead and we never find out his stuff

Noal- dead

Lan- toast

Sammael- cold toast by now

Richard Rahl- so awesome he will def survive

Ben the Catdog- sadly didn't make it

Alrite I believe some of that will happen.

Oh

Fain- passed on

Moggy- is no more

Moridin- ceased to be

Aran'gar- expired and gone to meet his/her maker

Amys- bereft of life

Taim- kicked the bucket

Logain- shuffled off his mortal coil

Cadsuane- run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible

Archived