International Women's Week: Sign up here for your personalised Signature

Mystica

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be 8-14th March, Boopsy

*drools over all those siggies*

Manny, you're a god! ;D

*Piratey chuckle* You my dear of all people should know my location is likely further to the South  ;D

CraftyReader  (both pics maybe?)

CraftyReaderRosieSig.png

Link

*snugglebites*  its awesome Auld thankies.

our weather was a bit like a cold hurricane last night lol  bad bad rain though, atleast i didn't see any bad wrecks on i10 on the way home which is always a plus.  the storm sys moved out of here sometime during the might and now its just gloomy over cast :)  thanks for asking though, how was the weather where your at??  not too bad i hope

luckily me and lucy are some of the few red heads that can pull off the pink/red colors without looking too gaudy ;)

man north mobile, you guys got hammered this morning then.  i know the sys broke up near George County, but they said on 104.9 this morning that mobile and the western panhandle were still getting the brunt of it.  hopefully you guys dont flood too bad.

*just wants a cool siggy from Riva*  Ummm how bout Jane Austen?

"All the privilege I claim for my own sex . . . is that of loving longest, when existence or when hope is gone."

Manny dear, would you pretty please make me one of Wangari Maathai?

Here's some info:

What is the Green Belt Movement?

The Green Belt Movement is one of the most prominent women’s civil society organizations, based in Kenya, advocating for human rights and supporting good governance and peaceful democratic change through the protection of the environment. Its mission is to empower communities worldwide to protect the environment and to promote good governance and cultures of peace.

How It All Started

The Green Belt Movement (GBM) was started in 1977 by Dr. Wangari Maathai, the first African woman and the first environmentalist to receive the Nobel Peace Prize (in 2004). What began as a grassroots tree planting program to address the challenges of deforestation, soil erosion and lack of water is now a vehicle for empowering women. The act of planting a tree is helping women throughout Africa become stewards of the natural environment.

159056040x.jpg

The planting of trees is the planting of ideas. By starting with the simple act of planting a tree, we give hope to ourselves and to future generations.–Wangari Maathai

http://greenbeltmovement.org/a.php?id=178

Guest dragonsworn1991

rose2.jpg

I want one with her. She is amazing

That's Billie Piper aka Rose Tyler from Dr Who

Really hard to choose but I'm going for Vala Mal Doran played by Claudia Black because I want this picture as a Sig! >:

cap056-1.jpg

Linky

Quote: What your mind may or may not be able to imagine is really none of my concern. Now kindly get out of your god's face.

;D

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

This shall be my mantra for the year. *nods*

Really hard to choose but I'm going for Vala Mal Doran played by Claudia Black because I want this picture as a Sig! >:

cap056-1.jpg

Linky

Quote: What your mind may or may not be able to imagine is really none of my concern. Now kindly get out of your god's face.

;D

I love you!

:D

She is so awesome!

Okay, I had a hard time choosing between Eleanor Roosevelt and Mary Todd Lincoln.

It is Eleanor Roosevelt, I just want someone who contributed something to our country and made her mark more then an actress. It is just me. Did you know she was orphaned at 10 and then went on to be not only the First Lady of the US, but also a great example of a woman who could get things done. I admire that.

eleanor_roosevelt2.jpg

eleanor_roosevelt_1949.gif

bluethree400x415NPX56-131-775--_2.jpg Really don't care for her fur shawl her, but it is nice to see her with the President.

I also love Claudia Black!!!! Then again I love all things Star Gate SG-1 and Atlantis.

Archived