DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Rey Mafia] Julius Caesar - THE CONSPIRATORS HAVE KILLED CAESAR!

Reyoru

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it could but that reasoning could go around and around all day. How many mafia do you think are left? The cult is no longer a problem right? My biggest fear is that the mafia have a recruiter which I think is very likely. The person the doctor protects... does that save them from being recruited as well or just being killed? I'm not going to go role fishing because the last game I remotely tried that I was accused of being mafia then lynched.

No problem accusing me. I am not mafia or a member of the cult. I am innocent. I don't like lying straight out, but that is for you to decide.

I think we need to focus and try to figure out who left is mafia. Ed didn't contribute a thing he spouted random names and just tried to confuse people, why I don't know but I'm glad he is gone. He said Lia, Alanna, and Pale were scum but he wasn't mafia he was just a cult member so who knows. Lia flipped innocent and as for the other two... this topic is way to big to try and sift through so I'll have to analyze what has happened recently.

Your right about Meercat though. I do believe he has been busy in RL though, I saw a post somewhere... the abhorsen game maybe?

I'm sorry I semi spammed with the 3 posts in a row, but it's night time here in Singapore. Friday night and I have a busy weekend. And I had to get it all out before I leave for the weekend. I won't be online much, if at all coz I have lotsa stuff going on. Trust me, Al, if you had as much time difference as me, you'd be doing that too. And I am rather upset and totally confused.

First off, about Cults. I was under the impression that Cults can be pro town, except they had a board. I know there are variations, so I'm not sure how Al Jenn is SO sure they aren't pro town. And second was because I was snuggling with Nae before she died. I like Nae as a player. And if this cult was pro town, it IS a shame to lose them. Unless you know something I don't Al Jenn, I suspect your understanding of a Cult might be a bit biased.

I trusted Ed, and was partially right about him. While he wasn't Mafia, he was cult. So if THIS cult is pro-town, I really would have preferred not to have him killed. I'm still a bit confused with the role and what I read from Mafiascum.net had too many variations. Does killing the cult leader mean the cult is dissolved? Because from what I read, it might not make any difference whether the leader is dead or not, someone just takes over that role? So once again, Al Jenn, if you know something more concretely than I do, I wish you would share.

So the cult leader is dead, so we don't have to worry about them.

So I don't know how Al Jenn knows this. Since he's just a townie.

While I have no idea how a MAFIA would know this either, I suspect it's just a misunderstanding of the role on Al's part.

Please don't say things like, "USUALLY they are not protown. Or USUALLY they are dissolved when the leader dies." There's nothing USUAL about Rey's game, and those variations HAVE been done before.

So I'm wondering. Did we lose 2 cult and only 1 pro town. Or did we lose 3 townies, two of which were in a cult.

ANd sorry if I seem snappish, but I am very unhappy with how we stand at the moment. If there are 2 or God forbid 3 Mafias left, having 6 to lynch means a very horrid prospect for us. PLease think about it before you accuse someone who was TRYING to prevent a lynch on the Lie Detector who had gotten a Mafia Godfather lynched.

How does that make a difference? My point is, I think people in this game play this game as if it's a normal game. THere's nothing normal about it and I for one am against any sort of pre conceived mindset about roles or methods people play.

3 dead. 3 dead in ONE night. All non Mafia. A vig was a great role. And if the Cult weren't protown I'd applaud him. But if they aren't pro town, then you need to rethink about what he's done. He can claim vig, but he seems to have alot of ideas as to what's going on.

There are only 10 of us left, people. Out of which 2 possibly 3 people are mafia, and a possible non-town Cult with 2 possibly also 3 remaining members. What are the odds? High.

And I hate the fact I have to be away during Day Phase. I really would love to check in tomorrow, but I can't. You can check my presence on any of the boards. I REALLY CAN'T TUNE IN. So I'm holding back going to bed as late as I can, so try and spot scum. I may not be as good as Pete or Rey, or possibly Al Jenn, but I have my ways. *Grins* Let's work together, people. Right now, I'm thinking of Alanna and Pale and Pete, who Ed called out on his death bed. WHY did he call them out? Are they the remaining cult? If so, is the Cult protown? Or anti town? And are they still powerful enough to destroy us?

The way to win was if the Townies prevented anything untoward happening to Caesar. Are the cults out to hurt him? How do we know?

Mcs, I don't think you get what I mean.

The win condition for the townies is IF we prevent anything from happening to Caesar. In that case is the Cult considered a threat? Which means EVEN if the Cult existed and recruited the rest of us into the group, does the Town lose? I am starting to wonder about you mcs. Do you KNOW your win condition? Are you a townie? BEcause all of us townies had the same win condition. Now that I stupidly revealed it, I'm wondering if you had the same condition. If so, think about it, why couldn't the Cult be pro-town then?

I am using Shakespeare's Julius Caesar as reference, as it seems all of Rey's characters come from there. Including the soothsayer and the cobbler. And you can use this too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar_(play)

Note that Cicero, the cult leader is not one of those who murdered Caesar.

AND according to mafiacum.net: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Cult

"In some variations, the Cult has a pro-Town alignment, while in other variations, the Cult is a separate faction trying to take over the Town."

Are you so sure we should be rejoicing, we had 2 cult members killed?

Well, I think Ed was just trying to confuse people before he died. Now, obviously I'm going to say that, as I'm innocent, but Lia was also innocent. So I really do think he was just picking random names.

Boopsy, I don't know what you mean by the cult being pro-town. You mean they would win with the town? How? I'm honestly asking, because I don't understand this. Also, I get what you said about Al Jenn 'assuming' the cult is not pro-town, but you seem to be gunning really hard for them to be pro-town.

As for Ed, I'm sorry I suspected him when he was innocent, but I don't feel all that bad for him. Sure, he got the Godfather lynched. He also got our Finder killed. That practically cancelled out any good he did. Really, he confused everyone more than anything else.

I'm confused about when Ed was recruited, though. Was it last night, and that's why he lost his role as lie detector? Or was it the night before, and that's why he showed up non-town to Wombat? Or did he actually show up scum to Wombat? And how?

As for Al Jenn's claim as vig, for now, I believe him more than not, but he bears keeping an eye on.

It is my understanding that there are different kinds of cults but their win condition is to get the majority of voters. The curators report should have identified if they were pro-town or pro-mafia. I think they were an independent faction which seems most likely. This is only my third game but logic deduction is a simple process. The cult leader has the ability to recruit, Rey might let another step up and take Nae's place but I doubt that.

Why do you seem to think they are Pro-town so much Boobsy?

Also the time zone thing. I'm in Afghanistan and currently live in Japan so my time zone is just as messed up as yours.

Please read posts more carefully prior to posting your confusing things and it is... annoying.

Ed stated right after his death that Lia, Alanna, and Pale were scum. He would have no way to know, he was just causing chaos. We shouldn't listen to Ed since Lia flipped innocent. Reread.

I posted that 5 townies are dead. Only Ed was recruited and died by the cult so 6 original townies are dead, three mafia, and one original cult member and a recruitee.

Your post seems really scummy to me and until you change my mind...

[glow=red,2,300]Wayward-Boobsy[/glow]

Mcs, I don't think you get what I mean.

The win condition for the townies is IF we prevent anything from happening to Caesar. In that case is the Cult considered a threat? Which means EVEN if the Cult existed and recruited the rest of us into the group, does the Town lose? I am starting to wonder about you mcs. Do you KNOW your win condition? Are you a townie? BEcause all of us townies had the same win condition. Now that I stupidly revealed it, I'm wondering if you had the same condition. If so, think about it, why couldn't the Cult be pro-town then?

I am using Shakespeare's Julius Caesar as reference, as it seems all of Rey's characters come from there. Including the soothsayer and the cobbler. And you can use this too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar_(play)

Note that Cicero, the cult leader is not one of those who murdered Caesar.

AND according to mafiacum.net: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Cult

"In some variations, the Cult has a pro-Town alignment, while in other variations, the Cult is a separate faction trying to take over the Town."

Are you so sure we should be rejoicing, we had 2 cult members killed?

Well if you know about the story of Caesar, and I did many years before this mafia game, it's obvious that in this game the town protecting Caesar is logical and the mafia is trying to kill him. Being that you are the one who claims to have no knowledge of the story of Caesar befor this event, and that you had to post links, I don't feel threatened in any way by your suspicions. Mainly because I am a member of the town (INNOCENTS), and I win when all threats to Caesar are eliminated. I am not rejoicing about the deaths either. I am however not upset if they should have happened to be anti-town. I'm sorry [glow=red,2,300]Boopsy[/glow], but you seem to have it in for me.

Al Jenn, in his death post, he was LOOKING FOR CLUES. Why would an anti town be looking for clues?

Alanna. Think about your win condition. I'm getting a bit confused, am I the ONLY one who had the win condition that as long as Caesar doesn't get killed the Townies win?

Please raise your hand if you do.

Cicero was the leader of the cult. In the play, he is merely a senator with no desire to harm Caesar. Which means that if the Cult has no power to harm caesar and we kill the Mafias. THat's it. TOwnies win right? There's no other condition that says, Caesar cannot be harmed and Cults must all be killed.

Which means that, to me, Cult COULD be protown. They recruit townies into their group, have an off site board where they can discuss AS A GROUP who they think is scum. That way, their votes will be united and it's easier to vote off Scum. However, as I understand, Cicero WAS LOOKING FOR CLUES in the end scene. Which means he DID NOT want Caesar dead, as he was looking for scum himself.

TELL ME, what from that action, says he is meant to be ANTITOWN? TO me, our clever lil viglante just killed off someone who COULD have had an offsite board where they could discuss who they think was scum. And since they were not Neighbours, they wouldn't have to worry about scum listening in on them.

I admit, mcs, that I could be wrong. And noone's going to last this game if they didn't do a little research on what's going on.

And yes, Al Jenn, ya wanna know why I think Cult could be pro town? BEcause I have played games where Cult's protown. So excuse my confusion. I still don't understand why you're so sure they AREN'T protown.

Vote Count - Day Four

Boopsy/Wayward (2): Al, MCS

Pale (1): Boopsy/Wayward

Not Voting: Pete, Pale, Tynaal, Alanna, Pookie, meercatman, Tigs

[glow=green,2,300]With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch[/glow]

Day ends on Monday at 9.30pm GMT

Wayward will you agree that Ed died as a cult member?

Will you agree that Ed was lying and just sowing confusion before he died?

Tell me why a cult member would do that if they were pro-town?

Why are you so pro-cult either way? At this point we are just avoiding what we should be doing going after the mafia. Like you I could care less about them now that the cult leader is dead. You are sowing chaos and acting scummy. We need to be looking at who might be mafia and you are acting like such.

Glah. I give up. Arguing more will just get me lynched.

It's 1am here and I need to sleep. Long weekend ahead.

I apologise to Mcs and Al for being forceful. But I was trying to get my point across before I turn in, because I won't get to explain anything until Sunday. But basically here are the summary of my thoughts:

We had 2 cults killed and 1 townies killed.

Cult characters, according to the play, were not murdered of Caesar. They were his subjects and had no intention of killing him. In his death scene, Cicero (Cult leader) was LOOKING FOR CLUES. Clue as to what? As to who was mafia. What does that tell me? The Cult was trying to root out the Mafia (People who wanted to kill Caesar) What does this tell me? They aren't anti caesar, and thus not anti town. You wanted to know how to look for clues? Everything Rey writes is a clue. Don't dismiss things coz they seem IMPOSSIBLE to your "norm" mindset.

I'm just saying. Earlier we claimed a game with a Finder AND a Lie Detector's impossible. WHy? BEcause that's a norm. Nothing about this game is NORM. So, if you want to lynch ANOTHER innocent. GO ahead. I'm going to bed anyway. I'm tired and slightly frustrated that my interpretation of the storylines and characters are scummy. I am not trying to confuse you. Nothing in my theory says you should change your method of playing. ONLY THAT MAYBE TARGETING CULT MEMBERS IS NOT WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING. Our vigilante just said that he's happy killing a cult.

So, summary: whoever else is pro town and has a killing power... Stop settling for killing cult members. KILL MAFIA.

There will be no quoting PMs from the mod.

Paraphrase, rewrite, take a bit and replace a bit, but do not copy it exactly or quote it.

That is basically what I did in the post that Ty is referring to

So, summary: whoever else is pro town and has a killing power... Stop settling for killing cult members. KILL MAFIA.

1. We still don't know if the cult members weren't anti-town

2. The intensity that you are putting into this suggests that you may very well be a member of the cult, trying to somehow defend your dwindleing numbers. That proposes the question: Why would you be so intense about it (if you are a cult member) if the cult WASN'T anti-town?

Yes it is true that the "bad guys" are the mafia, but it is obvious that there could be another threat.

Cult characters, according to the play, were not murdered of Caesar. They were his subjects and had no intention of killing him. In his death scene, Cicero (Cult leader) was LOOKING FOR CLUES. Clue as to what? As to who was mafia. What does that tell me? The Cult was trying to root out the Mafia (People who wanted to kill Caesar) What does this tell me? They aren't anti caesar, and thus not anti town. You wanted to know how to look for clues? Everything Rey writes is a clue. Don't dismiss things coz they seem IMPOSSIBLE to your "norm" mindset.

Oh really?

AND according to mafiacum.net:

Fail :P

And nothing says that Rey has to follow the story of Caesar to a T

*sighs*

Read the clues, MCS. Rey said they cult members were looking for clues in Brutus' house. Logic tells me they were trying to find scum. Same as the townies. He might not need to follow the story, but the fact that Cicero was looking for clues says he's probably NOT going to harm Caesar?

But yeah, sure, up to you. Lynch me if you feel like it. Kill another innocent. I've had tonnes of fun so far anyway. One of the BEST MAFIA GAMES ever.

My advice to you two. Stop thinking inside the box. I might be TOTALLY wrong about this, but for you two to be TOTALLY in denial of the possibility irks me. *shrugs* I'm not trying to confuse anyone. Whether or not the Cult are a threat, just think about numbers ok? We've got 10 people left. If you say the cult's a threat, there are possibly 2 or 3 others there. And maybe 2 to 3 mafia. That makes a maximum of 6 of them and a minimum of 4 of them. That means you only have minimum of 4 and maximum of 6. Taking a lynch would either need ALL 6 of you on one side, or the help of the cult.

Without me, there's no hope you can get 6 lynch me, unless I'm NOT mafia. BEcause if I were either cult, those lynching me would have to include Mafia. If I'm mafia, those lynching me would have to include Cult. Simple maths will do.

Archived