DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Rey Mafia] Julius Caesar - THE CONSPIRATORS HAVE KILLED CAESAR!

Reyoru

Guest dragonsworn1991

No I haven't. I hadn't planned on using it because if i choose two innocents we gain nothing and i can't justify using it. We can't afford to make a mistake and this role if used recklessley could be very disastourous for the town.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter Pete if you talk everyone into lynching me...when they find out that I'm innocent you're a gonner! 

Alanna...it's getting pretty late in the game and like I said, getting the name of someone who was targeted with a night action hasn't seemed like much use thus far.  When I got the first PM telling me that I would receive a one time finder ability, for this day phase alone, that was 75% accurate I thought of you first off due to how hard you were fighting against me not wanting to say the phrase that you thought of.  When I got the second PM saying one word "conspirator" I took into account the accuracy rate, however, I felt that you have made yourself look pretty scummy.  Enough so that it makes up for the remaining 25%.

Like I said, if anyone wants the results of a random person that was targeted in a night action then I will tell that.  I just felt like there has never been a reason. 

Also, if I would have revealed the one time finding ability but didn't the rest then later that would have come into account.  Everyone would wonder why I was adding to my story so I figured I might as well get it all out in the open!

Guest dragonsworn1991

How have I made myself look scummy asking you to say a phrase that you refused to say, in order to help a lie detector that we all believed in at the time. How have I acted scummy? You acted more like scum in your refusal to say the phrase IMO. Tigs you are grasping at straws here and it is really obvious. The majority of people wanted you to say the phrase, and you decide to call me out on it, again you are trying to reach to far.

When I finally said the phrase you were still pointing a finger at me for things that didn't even make sense.  I explained why I didn't want to say the sentence, I said it and no matter what ed lied about he didn't lie about me being innocent.  Like I said, if I get lynched and when they see that I'm innocent, then you will go the next day and I'm willing to make that sacrafice if it helps catch more scum.

I don't remember fighting against you saying the phrase, Tigs. I just thought the people that jumped off the vote for Lily to vote for you were suspicious. So, are you seriously saying me 'fighting' against you saying the phrase is scummy when you were the one that was actually so adamant against not saying it in the first place?

And I wasn't saying you revealing your role was scummy, either. What you say about why you did it makes sense. Just thought it was weird, and a little confusing. I had to read your post several times before I realized your original role had nothing to do with what you found out about Pete.

If you don't mind posting who you looked at each night and the results you got, I would like to hear them.

I definitely see your point, Pete, about not using the duel ability. I definitely wouldn't want to be picked lol. On the other hand, it's convenient that you now have this role, but also a valid excuse for not proving that you actually have it.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Well Alanna, if you can think of some good people to use it on then tell me here on thread. And I will consider it. I could have used it and not claimed the role, if I wanted to be sneaky and underhanded. I was hoping a scum would try and claim a role once it appeared that nobody on thread was going to, so I could gun them down and I got lucky. I think this role would have worked better at the beginning of the game when we had a lot of players that way we could have killed one and tested the other and still gotten a lynch. It would have saved us some headaches.

[glow=red,2,300]Tigs[/glow], the only reason I stopped voting for you after day 2 was because day 3 the most important thing was trying to save our finder, which didn't happen (*glares*) and by day 4 I was certain Pale was scum, most likely the SK.  I felt it was more important to get rid of someone with an extra night kill.  I'm sorry if my vote for Pale seemed fast to some, but I gave a valid reason and I feel it's silly to wait around and see what other people are going to do or take extra time before posting if I already know how I want to vote.  There wasn't a whole lot that could have changed my vote in that circumstance, as it was based on Pale's actions, not on what other people were doing. 

Back to Tigs and why I'm voting for her.  In addition to my suspicions from her not being up front with saying the anti-town line, she then proceeded to vote for Wombat, who had been her strongest supporter when people were voting for her.  I'm sorry, but if I know I'm innocent and someone's sticking up for me like that, I'm going to have a hard time believing he's scum without proof.  Also, though it feels odd to agree with a SK, I do agree with Pale's view that the scum are frequently the people saying "let's go get the mafia!"  There are a few people I'm looking at here due to that.  I don't think that it's always an indication of scum, but when you combine that with trends and patterns, it matters.  I also wonder if maybe Al died last night because he questioned how fast Tigs voted for Pale.  And since this is looking to be a Pete vs. Tigs thing, I feel the need to explain partly why I think Pete is town.  In addition to the things he listed earlier, to me, Al's death lends credibility to Pete's claim to be town.  Here's why:

I'm going to wait to hear what he has to say and hope that Pete can figure out something.

Why would Pete, if he were mafia, choose to NK someone who  was clearly looking to him for advice?  It seems to me he'd want to keep Al Jenn around since to me it looks like he can be manipulated by Pete.  Scum would be more than ready to get rid of him for that reason if they feared Pete finding them out.  All he would have to do is give Al a semi-convincing argument, and then it would be just like Pete having two votes.  Would the mafia really give up a free vote at this point in the game?

Tigs' claim that she day-found Pete as scum just makes her look more suspicious to me.  I really read it as an OMGUS action for him coming up with the phrase in the first place, the "big event" that led to her coming onto the radar.  I don't think she has proof, I just think she's out for revenge.  The other ability she described, if it's even true, is just as likely to hurt the town (for example, by revealing heal targets (probably the healer on themself until they find other people to heal)) as help it.  I don't see anything to make me believe that she's anything other than scum.  I'm willing to listen to other people's opinions and to Tigs' "results" if she decides to share them

I don't know, I'm not sure about this whole thing. Pete can't really use his ability because, if an innocent get kills, and then we lynch an innocent, that could be it. It's entirely likely there are 3 mafia left. Which makes his claim very convenient. On the other hand, his ability makes sense with the gladiator's arena, and I was under the impression that the two were linked somehow.

But...it seems kind of risky for a mafia (say, Tigs) to claim to be the one who got an ability today, when someone else could easily counterclaim that. it's entirely different from say, fake-claiming healer. Because in that situation, the real healer wouldn't want to reveal and risk themselves. Whereas this one-day ability? Not that big a deal. Also, her claim isn't too off because, well, Rey is kind of a fan of the day-find with less than 100% accuracy.

Also...about you coming up with the phrase, Pete. We know alignments have changed since then, so, you could have been recruited.

I'm really not sure which way to fall on this, yet.

I'm confused, what kinda ability is THAT? Duel and have one person die?? Rey, you are WAYYY to creative for my brains to handle. Well choose Meercat and Tigs and we've got a problem solved non? Unless they both die. Or a lion comes out and eats them. Or me. Or all of us.

That would solve this TOTALLY confusing game. Here kitty, kitty, come eat us all, especially the creative Mod person thing over there. *points*

I'm not changing votes. Mostly because I'm not really sure if Pete's ability makes sense to me. And while Tig's ability COULD be probable, it's also only 75% accurate. And seems quite pointless at this juncture in the game to suddenly manifest. A 75% accuracy viewing?

So, for ALL we know, you BOTH could be telling the truth and meercat man's just sitting in the shadows laughing. I have no idea. I'm just gonna go play with the lions and tigers a little bit.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Alanna why would I counter claim when I could probably fly under the radar or just attack the 75% accurate thing. I have been on mafia teams before where we have used the day find as kind of a way to prove a player's innocence. I don't get though is why she waited so late in the game. She must clearly not have an experienced team guiding her.

Her ability doesn't fit. Think about it, we went to Brutus's house and the mafia (At least I am pretty sure) got to kill someone. We went to the baths (A public place where someone could talk to and recruit another player unnoticed) and someone was recruited.

Now we are at the gladiator's arena and Tigs is claiming a day find ability  :-\ Something doesn't fit. I had my strategy to not mention the new role I received, to see if someone would get silly enough to fake a claim, and then we could nail a scum.

Ok, seemingly stupid question, but yeah, does your ability work only if we stay in the Arena? Or is it gonna be possible to keep it for another time? I would assume not. *sighs* What a rather pointless ability.

Anyway, where's everyone else? MCS? Tynaal? You guys gonna lay low and ignore our lil predicament? Come on, let's go. Who do you think is being evil, nasty bum?

Okay I'm gonna address a couple of different things at once.

First, Alanna; I did not think that everybody was scum just because they wanted me to say the phrase.  Pete and Pookie were jumping from on thing to the other with only the phrase as an excuse.  If you will look back to that you will see that I made the remark then that it seemed like they were trying awfully hard to make me look scummy.  Also I said I would reveal the results if anybody wanted me to. Night 1 Red

Night 2 Ed

Night 3 MCS

Night 4 meercatman

It doesn't tell how they were targeted, just that they were. My character info said that I was Ceasar's right hand man and that's why I got the information...I'm pretty sure this is the game that we can't give our Character Names, if not then I'll tell you that too.  As for this one time ability I made the joke to Rey when I sent in the name that this would get me killed 'cause it's hard to believe. 

Pete you and Pookie both were gunnin pretty hard to try to get me lynched by going from one possibility to another faster than you can blink.  I've said it before but I will say it again...If everybody lynches me, fine, but when they get that innocent answer back then they will realize that you were scum all along.

Come at me all you want, but I have nothing to hide!

I didn't jump from one possibility to another.  I said I thought you were a symp.  Your vote for Wombat and your defensiveness with Pale have me debating between friend-of-mafia and mafia for you, but I don't believe you are town. 

I also don't believe your day finder claim, since we had two other finder varieties in the game already.  Yeah, they're dead, but it's my understanding that most mods plan their games in advance to make sure they don't have elements that would unbalance the play.  So Rey couldn't know that they would be dead when he decided what locations would give what roles and having three finds would have been a bit much, even if the town did like it.  :)  In addition, each of our other location choices have resulted in an allignment change and a role enhancement, so giving a one time day find and that's it seems weak in comparison.

I'm also a bit dubious about the whole 75% thing. I mean I understand if this role had been a full time role which would make sense for the inaccuracy. I mean there's just very little point in getting a semi-reading when it's just ONCE. I mean, I'm not even sure with 25% in the balance, whether your reading for even accurate. And if it isn't then it's gonna be totally useless.

My point is, I think it's kinda ambiguous to have a 75% reading and then when we lynch him and he turns out innocent you say "Well it WAS just 75% accurate." It's accuracy makes me wanna focus on what Pete's done so far instead of what your reading says. Thing is, you said he was Mafia so confidently, when you're really just 75% sure. 75%? Not that accurate to me. I think you COULD be telling the truth, but how could you be so certain your reading's correct?

Leaving your reading aside, looking purely at the actions of the remaining players, Pete's really low on my suspect list. He MIGHT turn out to be an evil nasty Mafia, but if so, he's been REALLY nasty to his team mates. *lol* Maybe, I dunno. *sighs*

I'm sticking to my vote still. Sorry Meercat, I'm sure I love you and all and you might be sick, but that's the Mafia way of avoiding everyone's radar. I mean, I've been missing once in a while this game. But someone who's as sick as you and claiming to be unable to paly and all that. Well if I were you, I'd have taken a LOA. It's not gonng work you for you anyway. Being sick and away without bothering to take an LOA is just letting your team down. So either you're Mafia or a very inconsiderate townie.

*hugs* I hope you get better. But I would prefer if you didn't do things this way in your next game. Take an LOA, no game is wroth pushing your illness aside for.

Hmmmm...

1. I agree to what Boopsy said about a LoA... You're not doing anything in the game at all. I know I also didnt at one point.. *oh the shame*

2. Pete's ability seems more likely but

I'm willing to run with the meercat suspicion' date=' mostly because I have no read on him at all, but I'm more suspicious of Boopsy, Pete, and Pookie atm. Boopsy is probably at the bottom of that list. Pete and Pookie... not sure which of them I suspect more.[/quote']

And now "defending" Pete's claim, we yet again find the three together, although no mafia would be so stupid to make that mistake, except if they think we would think that, especially since they could possibly have Pete on their team, with Pete and all his "mafia fame", and so abuse the thinking.

Yet still Pete's claim seems more valid than Tigs, with all the arguments brought forward.

3. What action might have been put forward against MCM? (thats Meercatman :P )

Our Vig and SK is dead, our healer would have no reason to target him and if it were the mafia, then we would have him dead. Also if it was some kinda other action like freezing etc, he would have told us or we would have noticed if it was obvious..

So currently I'm inclined to believe Pete but i'll put off voting for now

LOL Tigs, I think you're misunderstanding me. I didn't say you said those three were scummy for voting for you. I thought they were scummy for voting for you. Actually, 'scummy' is probably too strong; I just thought it was odd, really.

Mmmmm... I have to admit, I hold Pete in awe for most games. *sighs* Sometimes that might blind me to certain things, but he DID tend to be right on for alot of his finger pointing. But I don't always agree with him 100%. Oh well...

Personally I have no idea why Rey would want to put so many Finder type roles in this game, unless out Mafia's REALLY powerful. I mean, yes, we're losing, but alot of it involved us lynching townies ourselves and not really Mafia kills. So, with this many Finders, well... I'm personally happy that we do, since that means we SHOULD have alot of discoveries. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

*shrugs* I'm just not sure how much more complications this game'll have but I'm personally hoping today's lynch will be a useful move for us. *keeps fingers crossed*

After reading through everything, I have sort of made my decision.

I believe Pete more atm, but that is because we have had so many finder claims. Pete's ability seems likely, as we are currently in an areana. It just sort of makes sense. It is unlikely that we would have that many finders, but then again, it does seem to be a very strong mafia, as Wayward just mentioned.

But here is something to chew over. I did not know that I had been targeted last night. I have no reason to beleive that I was targeted. It just doesn't make much sense. The only thing I can think of is that as I have not really participated much, Tigs might have made up the role, or at least made up night 4. Of course, I could be wrong. The only other possible reason I can think of is that the mafia could have a role blocker, and just took a stab at blocking me, which wouldn't make much sense, as there have been plenty of roleclaims  recently.

To me,I feel like my vote should go to tigs, but I will wait and see what others say first.

MCS I didn't say that you done anything I said you were targeted by a night action. 

Sorry Alanna I miss understood!

Pookie you and Pete talked about me being a symp and jester and it seems like there was something else...I will have to go check!

Guys, if any of this seems hateful I just want you to know that I'm not mad....there is just a lot going on and my mental tone of voice is hateful  :D

Archived