DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Plus, if you can channel TP, why would you need an angreal?

So you can channel more of it? I see no reason to think TP-strength is different than OP-strength. Plus, it's not like the TP is a "WIN" button. It mostly does the exact same stuff the OP can do, and even the weaves are extremely similar (per Brandon). That said, TP-greal still probably don't exist.

In Lord of Chaos, Chapter 14 Dreams and Nightmares, who are the women that Egwene notices walking around Tar Valon in Tel'aran'rhiod? Especially the copper skinned woman who paints a stable blue.

As far as recall, the woman are all Siuan who is changing her appearance constantly. The woman painting the stable is Leane.

In Lord of Chaos, Chapter 14 Dreams and Nightmares, who are the women that Egwene notices walking around Tar Valon in Tel'aran'rhiod? Especially the copper skinned woman who paints a stable blue.

As far as recall, the woman are all Siuan who is changing her appearance constantly. The woman painting the stable is Leane.

Ah thanks, that makes sense. Although the painting of the stable doesn't quite. I know it must have something to do with the blue eyes and ears, but painting something in the dream wouldn't affect the waking world. Or is it the other way round and Leane is seeing a signal from one of her eyes and ears?

About the stable, I have no idea! I never really understood why it happened that way either. Maybe somone could ask Brandon on the book tour.

I think its as simple as someone exerting control over tar, in some ways it would be easier to focus on something else remaining the same (how you want it) than it would be for ap erson to focus on themselves especially if they are always changing their clothes and such because their mind would wander on how they see themsleves

OP has beaten TP many times. One example will be attack on SG by LTT. TP is inherently destructive. Nothing good can come out of TP. It even consumes it's wielders.

To be fair, you don't know if any of the turned-AS who fought the Companions that day (if there were any, that is) had access to the TP. The 13 surviving Forsaken were otherwise engaged at the time. Also, RJ (or was it Brandon? I forget) said that in a confrontation between the Forsaken, Moridin would win, because he has the TP edge.

OP has beaten TP many times. One example will be attack on SG by LTT. TP is inherently destructive. Nothing good can come out of TP. It even consumes it's wielders.

To be fair, you don't know if any of the turned-AS who fought the Companions that day (if there were any, that is) had access to the TP. The 13 surviving Forsaken were otherwise engaged at the time. Also, RJ (or was it Brandon? I forget) said that in a confrontation between the Forsaken, Moridin would win, because he has the TP edge.

Curious. I would like to see that quote (and the context). We do know that LTT had humbled Ishmael atleast once (or more). Was he channeling TP during that period? Also during AOL, all chosen had access to TP (and may be even dreadlords). Its hard to believe that a full on battle was going on outside and 13 forsaken were sitting around a round table discussing. My guess is that they were beaten back.

Edited by jdbond

Curious. I would like to see that quote (and the context).

OK, no problem:

Q: If the Forsaken were in a bubble all by themselves, who would win?

A: Ishamael. He's got the True Power.

So yeah, not entirely serious. Still, there is a logic to it: Ishy could fill up on TP without it being felt and bust out a bunch of weaves with no warning other than the saa speeding up the instant before he unleashed.

As far as the Sealing of the Bore...neither you nor I know the precise details of what happened there so you can't say it was due to the OP inherently kicking more ass. The Big 13 could have simply not had time to adequately counter the massive, surprise assault.

Edited by didymos

Plus, if you can channel TP, why would you need an angreal?

So you can channel more of it? I see no reason to think TP-strength is different than OP-strength. Plus, it's not like the TP is a "WIN" button. It mostly does the exact same stuff the OP can do, and even the weaves are extremely similar (per Brandon). That said, TP-greal still probably don't exist.

I was guessing that with the TP, there was no need of worrying about strength : Rand's description of the TP is that 'it gave him such strength as he'd never imagined. It rivaled, even, the power when drawing from the Choedan Kal.' But since Rand isn't the most accurate observer (ha) I'm willing to concede that we don't know enough about it.

And the OP didn't kick TP's ass last time. More like they kicked each other, and then fell down unconscious.

I was guessing that with the TP, there was no need of worrying about strength : Rand's description of the TP is that 'it gave him such strength as he'd never imagined. It rivaled, even, the power when drawing from the Choedan Kal.' But since Rand isn't the most accurate observer (ha) I'm willing to concede that we don't know enough about it.

I saw that more as part of the drug aspect of it. It was like Rand had just done a bunch of PCP: "I can do ANYTHING, BABY! WOOHOOO!" *punches through plate glass window, shatters hand, gets arrested*

Repeating last question.

Gathering Storm Chapter 21, was that the second time Hopper "kicked" Perrin out of Telaranrhiod (first time being Dragon Reborn Chapter 43)?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Yes, Hopper did it before. Yes, he did it again here. Are you asking whether this is the first time since TDR? I seem to recall something in TSR, but I might be mistaken.

In tEotW Lan tells Nynaeve that he doesn't have even a croft in his name. But in NS, isn't there a reference to Shienaran estates in his name?

Or am I mixing up stuff?

I think Lan was just trying to scare Nynaeve off, thinking that 'Maybe if she thinks I'm poor, or thinks that I don't have anything, she won't pursue me." Hahaha. Trying to see if Nynaeve was a golddigger.

Is it just me or do women seem to rule the WoT world completely.. Queens, Aes Sedai, Womens Circle, general bullying and blockheadedness?

I believe that RJ did this intentionally. I remember reading something where he talks about the reason that it is the male half of the OP that is tainted is because most stories have powerful male wizards and he wanted to try something different where the women were the strong magic users. I think this attitude of respect for female channelers and fear of male channelers has influenced the world's view of men and women in general and is partly responsible for the fact that women seem to have more influence in the world than men.

Not an important question but when was Aviendha last with Rand, as in speak to him?

Arad Doman- she leaves for Rhuidean after he knocks off Semirhage.

You mean their last on-screen conversation? Way long ago.

In Caemlyn, I think.

Edited by Sharaman