DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

How early did Rand have Lews Therin's memories?

First that was spoken was when Rand was talking with Lanfear in Tear. Shadow Rising.

Though a portion of Rand's channeling before then might have been based on Lews Therin memories.

One likely being in the mountains. Dragon Reborn.

I apologize if this has already been asked...I went through the Nakomi thread and was unable to figure out if this had been addressed either.

I think one of the Wise Ones is talking to Aviendha and mentions a dream that states "the only way to find the bowl is to find the one that is no longer"

I know there are many theories on Nakomi...I've read through a lot of that thread but I wondered if "the one who is no longer" could refer to a member of the Jenn Aiel...or perhaps to Asmodean? I just can't seem to figure out who is "no longer" who might be able to help find a bowl.

I don't know if this is a question...or just a line of thought, hehe.

I have a question about the darn Sitters in the Hall in the White Tower. Yukiri discovers that the Sitters that were replaced when the Righteous Rebels fled were much younger then average, some only having the shawl for a couple of decades. The Heads were also meeting in secret. Why is this so earth-shattering and what are they trying to achieve?

Also a question about that army in Murandy? Is that Egwene´s army being seen as they Travel closer to the Tower or is it Roedran´s forces gathering?

And what is Ituraldes uberplan? To smash the Seanchan in a trap when they follow him into Arad Doman?

I have a question about the darn Sitters in the Hall in the White Tower. Yukiri discovers that the Sitters that were replaced when the Righteous Rebels fled were much younger then average, some only having the shawl for a couple of decades. The Heads were also meeting in secret. Why is this so earth-shattering and what are they trying to achieve?

Also a question about that army in Murandy? Is that Egwene´s army being seen as they Travel closer to the Tower or is it Roedran´s forces gathering?

And what is Ituraldes uberplan? To smash the Seanchan in a trap when they follow him into Arad Doman?

The mystery of the too-young sitters: The Ajah heads maintained contact with rebel sisters after the split and made sure that if a new hall of the tower was made there, the new sitters would be too young, and their own new sitters in Tar Valon would be too young, so that when they returned and reunited they could easily merge the halls back together again dismissing the new sitters from service. The Ajah heads were trying to call the shots in tower and rule from the shadows, but Elaida was awful and the new sitters ended up being uncooperative also, so their plan fell apart.

The army that disappeared in Murandy was Egwene's when they traveled to Tar Valon. The army that stuck around Murandy was the Band of the Red Hand led by Talmanes, which allowed Roedran to convince the various separate lords in Murandy to gather forces together to oppose them.

Ituralde's plan was worked out in the beginning of TGS, before he met Rand Al'Thor. His defeating the Seanchan's superior forces at the city of Darluna. After that he really has no plan, and Rand saved him from eventually getting overrun by the next Seanchan army that was on its way.

5 of the Ajah Heads (no Blue and no Red) conspired to put younger, more malleable sisters in the Hall that they could manipulate and run the show from the back ground.

At one point it was both Egwene's army and the Band of the Red Hand. After Egwene's army gateway'd out, Roedran secretly paid the Band to remain there so he could use them to rally Murandy's forces to him.

He had no plan left, he knew it was going to be his last stand and was preparing for it. He set up at the most advantageous place he had left (the abandoned Stedding to negate the damane) to try and take as many Seanchan down with him.

Thanks Finnnssss and Sid. So nice of you to explain =)

The last two questions was as I suspected but the Ajah Head one wasn´t. So basically the Ajah Heads wanted to control the younger Sitters in the Tower but the too young Sitters refused? So therefor their plan to reunite the Hall will fail? (I haven´t read ToM yet just so you know)

The last two questions was as I suspected but the Ajah Head one wasn´t. So basically the Ajah Heads wanted to control the younger Sitters in the Tower but the too young Sitters refused? So therefor their plan to reunite the Hall will fail? (I haven´t read ToM yet just so you know)

No ToM required actually. Pick up your copy of tGS and re-read Jesse's PoV in chaptr 43. Should help clear things up for ya :happy:

So the greatest swordsman of all time, whose name I can't recall, was killed by a farmer. Is it possible that Tam killed him?

He was a farmer who went to war, and came back a bladesmaster. Unless the dates are way off it seems plausible. I only want to know if it is possible ie dates. If it is, I'll post in the Discussion Forums.

Jearom, the greatest swordsman ever, was defeated once in his life. He was defeated by a farmer with a quarterstaff. It's never stated whether he was killed in that particular confrontation or not. It seems incredibly unlikely that Tam would have been named a blademaster by defeating a blademaster with a quarterstaff.

The timing of when Jearom lived is unknown, but you can speculate that Lord Nasin (Sylvase's grandfather) possibly saw him at some point in his lifetime. In LoC chapter 1 he sees Rand fight 5 men and compares him to Jearom, who supposedly defeated 10 men. It's weak speculation though, since Jearom was apparently known far and wide, so Nasin was probably just being sycophantic.

No ToM required actually. Pick up your copy of tGS and re-read Jesse's PoV in chaptr 43. Should help clear things up for ya :happy:

=) It did clear up alot. Thanks.

Oh btw... do you use some kinda search to find that PoV or do you just have an awesome memory?

The timing of when Jearom lived is unknown, but you can speculate that Lord Nasin (Sylvase's grandfather) possibly saw him at some point in his lifetime. In LoC chapter 1 he sees Rand fight 5 men and compares him to Jearom, who supposedly defeated 10 men. It's weak speculation though, since Jearom was apparently known far and wide, so Nasin was probably just being sycophantic.

And moments before Nasin, Elenia compares Rand to Souran Maravaile, who were Hawkwings greatest general. Kinda doubt she ever saw him in action, so basing even speculations on Nasins comment is unwise.

Generally, whenever someone is mentioned as "the greatest ever", they have usually been dead and buried for quite some time, since it is always easier to exagerate things noone you ever met has actually seen.

So the greatest swordsman of all time, whose name I can't recall, was killed by a farmer. Is it possible that Tam killed him?

He was a farmer who went to war, and came back a bladesmaster. Unless the dates are way off it seems plausible. I only want to know if it is possible ie dates. If it is, I'll post in the Discussion Forums.

Tam got his sword from king Stepeanos in the Whitecloak War where he fought with the Illian army (he was a Second Captain). He became a blademaster there.

Just my 2 cents :D

Tam got his sword from king Stepeanos in the Whitecloak War where he fought with the Illian army (he was a Second Captain). He became a blademaster there.

The procedure to get a heron marked blade is to defeat a blademaster with witnesses, if you kill them you get the sword. Only Rand and Lan got their blades from their fathers.

The procedure to get a heron marked blade is to defeat a blademaster with witnesses, if you kill them you get the sword. Only Rand and Lan got their blades from their fathers.

One can also prove one's skill before a panel of Blademasters. I can't currently find the reference, but I believe it's in one of Valda's PoV's.

Either way, in the first method, most likely you'd need to defeat a Blademaster using a sword, not some other weapon, else why should you qualify as a Blademaster yourself?

One can also prove one's skill before a panel of Blademasters. I can't currently find the reference, but I believe it's in one of Valda's PoV's.

Either way, in the first method, most likely you'd need to defeat a Blademaster using a sword, not some other weapon, else why should you qualify as a Blademaster yourself?

Well, if you were to slip up behind a blademaster and slit his throat with a dagger... who would stop you from grabbing his sword? It might not technically be "earning" it, but once you got back to the TR nobody would know the difference...

Not that I think Tam got his by defeating the greatest swordsman in the world with a quarterstaff. I agree with the view that Jearom has been dead a long long time, and his legend has grown over the years. I mean, I don't even think he was a Warder. Lan could beat him easily, the overrated lout. :biggrin:

Oh btw... do you use some kinda search to find that PoV or do you just have an awesome memory?

Usually memory to recall which book and roughly where it was, then http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/ to find it exactly.

I'm thinking this should be a full topic, but let's start here in case there is a simple answer:

If the DO is imprisoned by the Pattern, and the Pattern is made of souls, why not balefire a few million people until the hole in the Pattern is large enough for him to step through?

Also, is the Pattern a globe with the DO on the inside or outside? If it's flat, he could just walk around it to the other side?

Finally, is the Pattern one-sided? Why can't the DO affect the pattern from the inside out?

Edited by Toy'varen

The books tell of whole cities being balefired during the War of Power. That would be at least thousands of people if not millions.

The Dark One did not become free then.

More accurately, the Pattern consists of the actions of people.

The books do not tell the Pattern's shape.

About Pattern's "side", Moiraine tells this in Dragon Reborn: "the Creator is good, the Dark One is evil, the Pattern is neither"

Usually memory to recall which book and roughly where it was, then http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/ to find it exactly.

Alas I fear I will fail then... My memory sucks... Thanks anyway!

Souls can not be split. Thus Ishamael cannot be an incarnation of the Dragon soul.

Or if you mean false dragon, I would doubt it. None of the listed pre-series false dragons lived long.

LTT was the Dragon and Rand Dragon Reborn, as far as we know they are just recent names for the CoL. Since we have conflicting quotes from RJ on if the Dragon Soul has been turned some people take it to mean there have been other CoL souls of which Ishy very well may have been one.

Edited by Suttree