DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

There are alot of prophecies out there that are expected to be fulfilled in ToM.

Bear in mind that BS has said that there are going to be some number of prophecies that will remain unfulfilled by the time the last book is written and the series ends.  Yes, some have to be fulfilled, but we may never know just what the "blade of light, three are one" refers to if it refers to something after the last battle.

I would imagine the Blade of Light would be someone using Callandor with 2 women to guide it. What blade shines like a beacon, when being used. Callandor of course. Whether it'll be Rand using it is still suspect.

I'm may have read ahead but Avienda and Elane and Rand are "one" ...along with Min but as she cant channel she wont be part of the 3 are 1 with a woman leading the channeling.

When lanfear reveals herself to Rand in the stone she say there were only two terangreal stronger then callandor a man could use. One of them is the male Choedan Kal. Any idea about the other?

I believe she also said that she only knew of 1 that was still around. - The Chodan Kal.

So we don't know if the other one is still around, or if it's been lost to this Age.

We do not yet know if the other one will show up. A lot of people believe it's the Ring of Tamyrlin that the leader of Aes Sedai wore in the Age of Legends.

We don't know if that ring is any type of angreal for sure, and don't know if it's restricted to men or women or can be used by both.

My guess is it can be used by both and that it is the other Sa'angreal that Lanfear is talking about. We know that Men or Women could have been the leader during the Age of Legends, why else wear some ring if it's not a source of power?

It's possible that Moridin, or Demandred will show up with it. Which will be interesting, because it would definitely put them over the top of Rand in power even with Callandor.

I believe Lews wore it when he sat the High Seat, so Rand should know more about it now, and might even know what happened to it.

About the third male sa'angreal (not terangreal), there has been alot of speculation about it in the past.

The Eye was another guess.

I (right now) neither agree nor disagree with the guesses so far.

Another possibility is that has not yet been specified.

a couple of quick Wise Ones questions.

1. how many are there? and how many of them can channel? Sevanna had at least 300 Wise Ones that could channel with her in Malden. and that's just Shaido. Rand has 11 clans. So he has over 3000 Wise Ones channelers? that's an army bigger than Asha'man and Aes Sedai put together. yet he hardly seems to use them.

2. Sorilea is supposed to be over 300 years old yet she can barely channel. how is it that she slowed so much? we are told that the slowing effect depends on strength in the OP.

1. how many are there? and how many of them can channel? Sevanna had at least 300 Wise Ones that could channel with her in Malden. and that's just Shaido. Rand has 11 clans. So he has over 3000 Wise Ones channelers? that's an army bigger than Asha'man and Aes Sedai put together. yet he hardly seems to use them.

2. Sorilea is supposed to be over 300 years old yet she can barely channel. how is it that she slowed so much? we are told that the slowing effect depends on strength in the OP.

Alivia is supposed to be far older than that (I can't remember off the top of my head) and she looks barely middle aged, so Sorilea being a wrinkled out walnut at 300 seems reasonable enough to me!

Alivia is supposed to be far older than that (I can't remember off the top of my head) and she looks barely middle aged, so Sorilea being a wrinkled out walnut at 300 seems reasonable enough to me!

I'm not talking about the looks here but of the fact that Sorilea lived as long as she did (and is still going strong). Alivia is extremely strong in the OP so no wonder that she slowed so much more than the other. Sorilea can barely channel, yet she lived over 300 years.

When we first meet Ishamael in Rand's dream, he has a normal face, but sometimes would flash to having fire eyes & mouth. I've attributed that to him not holding his form in the Dream, similar to when Egwene can't hold her clothes in a single form, but I've also heard that this was attributed to too much use of the True Power.

Which is "right"?

Both. In reality he has eyes and mouth of fire, in dreams he sometimes switches between his original eyes/mouth and his TP induced flame eyes/mouth.

I'm not sure. We know that a result of channeling TP is the saa, which eventually manifest as eyes and mouth of fire like Ishamael had. But... nowhere does it say that the effect is ever-present. Indeed, it was my impression that - like the saa - those fiery eyes are only visible at times, perhaps when the individual draws deeply from the TP. Hence my opinion is that Ishamael appeared in the Dream exactly as he is outside of it.

Another point for thought - we don't actually know that those Ba'alzamon Dreams took place in tel'aran'rhiod. It could easily have been Ishamael's own dreams, some site near Shayol Ghul, or some sort of a combination of the three.

I'm not talking about the looks here but of the fact that Sorilea lived as long as she did (and is still going strong). Alivia is extremely strong in the OP so no wonder that she slowed so much more than the other. Sorilea can barely channel, yet she lived over 300 years.

Well the life span of a channeler who's not bound by the Oaths is supposed to be something like 600 years. So for her to make it to half of that as a weak channeler is not unbelievable.

Well the life span of a channeler who's not bound by the Oaths is supposed to be something like 600 years. So for her to make it to half of that as a weak channeler is not unbelievable.

she is supposed to be the oldest among the Wise Ones of which there are thousands. most of them are channelers and every single one is stronger than her in the power. why aren't there hundreds of Wise Ones which are 400 or 500 years old?

she is supposed to be the oldest among the Wise Ones of which there are thousands. most of them are channelers and every single one is stronger than her in the power. why aren't there hundreds of Wise Ones which are 400 or 500 years old?

how is Slowing affected by OP usage? I'm pretty sure if you don't use it at all(if you're not a sparker) then it doesn't occur at all, but is it also that if you barely use it you Slow less? That would explain the WO's not being that old since they don't really rely on the OP much at all- recent circumstances have started changing that but I wouldn't be surprised if a standard channeling WO didn't use the OP more than once a week or even month in the past.

RJ stated that Wise Ones very rarely live to their full age due to the higher fatality rate inherent in living within the Waste--note the stories of Mora, the Wise One who was three hundred when she died of a bloodsnake bite, yet still looked young. Longer exposure to a hostile enviroment increases the odds of falling victim to it. Bair's clear belief that the age may well be exagerated shows this--its not a mistake, the age and the appearence of youth are consistant, yet it is rare due to the dangers of the Waste.

RJ stated that Wise Ones very rarely live to their full age due to the higher fatality rate inherent in living within the Waste--note the stories of Mora, the Wise One who was three hundred when she died of a bloodsnake bite, yet still looked young. Longer exposure to a hostile enviroment increases the odds of falling victim to it. Bair's clear belief that the age may well be exagerated shows this--its not a mistake, the age and the appearence of youth are consistant, yet it is rare due to the dangers of the Waste.

thanks for the explanation. I must say it still doesn't make sense though IMO. RJ should have thought it out better. with so many Wise Ones channelers (thousands as I said) there would still be some that live to their full potential. the fact that there is not a single one around and that the weakest channeler among them is actually the oldest is completely improbable.

@Ashandarei I don't know if the OP usage has effect on slowing. It might but I don't think it's ever been mentioned. In any case it would still not explain Sorilea.

but if I do remember correctly Alivia is 500 or 600 years old and looks like a middle aged woman, so if the lifespan would be maxed at 600, shouldn't she look like someone about to drop dead?

but if I do remember correctly Alivia is 500 or 600 years old and looks like a middle aged woman, so if the lifespan would be maxed at 600, shouldn't she look like someone about to drop dead?

no. 500-600 is supposed to be the average channeler lifespan for an average channeler. Alivia is super strong in the power so her natural lifespan is presumably significantly longer than her current (admittedly very old) age.

Ok, firstly, Alivia is 400, not 500-600. Secondly, were she 600 she'd no doubt be more fragile than she is now, but not to the equivelent 100 year old normal person--channelers stay more physically robust into older age. It's not to say that age doesn't effect them, but the weather it better right up to death.

I just finished my re-read of TGS and I was wondering if in the very end when Rand meets with Tuon, if he tried to use compulsion on her. There was some text that stated how she started thinking that she should obey Rand, but she was able to resist. I also don't even know if Rand knew the weave for compulsion. The only other explanition I can think of is his ta'veren pull. Which one do you think is correct?

I just finished my re-read of TGS and I was wondering if in the very end when Rand meets with Tuon, if he tried to use compulsion on her. There was some text that stated how she started thinking that she should obey Rand, but she was able to resist. I also don't even know if Rand knew the weave for compulsion. The only other explanition I can think of is his ta'veren pull. Which one do you think is correct?

Rand didn't use compulsion on Tuon. BS said so in an interview. Besides, even the dark Rand never did anything really inexcusable like compulsion if you think about it. He is made to look very menacing but he's never really gone over the edge.

Edited by herid

Could Rand go through the glass column once more now that the time-direction of the vision has been changed?

EDIT : I forgot that Aviendha went there twice... So I suppose Rand could too. Wouldn't it be a good idea for him to go?

Edited by Demiandre

Could Rand go through the glass column once more now that the time-direction of the vision has been changed?

EDIT : I forgot that Aviendha went there twice... So I suppose Rand could too. Wouldn't it be a good idea for him to go?

He could probably go, he should probably go... but will he? Doubtful, he has too much on his plate at the moment.

Rand didn't use compulsion on Tuon. BS said so in an interview. Besides, even the dark Rand never did anything really inexcusable like compulsion if you think about it. He is made to look very menacing but he's never really gone over the edge.

I would say his dark aura is very menacing and demands respect and authority. A very dangerous man with a vibe of darkness is a great way to convince people to do as you will.