DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Hello! I've done a couple of quick google searches, and haven't found the answer anywhere yet.. Can anyone tell me if the ebook cover art for any/all of the WoT books is available for purchase?

Do you mean, in physical form? Because the ebooks themselves are available for purchase, you know...

Hello! I've done a couple of quick google searches, and haven't found the answer anywhere yet.. Can anyone tell me if the ebook cover art for any/all of the WoT books is available for purchase?

Amazon sells the e-books, and they display the e-book cover art on the info page for the e-books. All you have to do is right-click on the picture and then choose the option for "Save Image as..." to save it to your computer. No purchase necessary.

Amazon sells the e-books, and they display the e-book cover art on the info page for the e-books. All you have to do is right-click on the picture and then choose the option for "Save Image as..." to save it to your computer. No purchase necessary.

You don't even have to do that. The images are all hosted on DM in high-res. Just look in the Gallery. Of course, they're still protected by law, so restrictions apply on the ways in which you may use those images.

You don't even have to do that. The images are all hosted on DM in high-res. Just look in the Gallery. Of course, they're still protected by law, so restrictions apply on the ways in which you may use those images.

Thanks guys! Really, I just wanted to be able to get a few of the prints to hang on my wall, and was trying to decide if I should print the images posted here on dragonmount, or if there was a website to purchase poster-type prints of the artwork.

About halfway through Kod and FINALLY we find out what was in the letter Moiraine wrote for Thom way, Way back in what, FoH? Is it just me or does it seem like Moiraine has a thing for Thom - My Dearest Thom..., etc? He seems kind of old for her. Plus, I kind of thought Thom would eventually re-hook back up Morgaise at some point and she would tell him that Elaine is really his daughter.

It did seem kind of unfair that all of the main characters have now hooked up and made love connections of some sort or another except Moiraine.

Rand with Elaine/Min/Avhienda

Perrin with Faile

Matt with Tuon

Nynaeve with Lan

Egwene with Galad

Loial with Erith

-and now-

Moiraine and Thom Merrilin?

BTW - was I the only one who knew she wasn't really dead? Fell into a Ter'Angreal? Seriously? What kind of Star Trek dead-but-not-really-dead death is that?

No, you weren't. It's been hinted at forever in the series and I honestly think very few people thought she was actually dead. We knew, because Mat had been through the doorway, that the doorway itself wasn't death. I think I had thought it through to the whole "well, she had to have met the foxes and made a bargain with them" thing, and maybe part of the price was imprisonment. Min said specifically that a viewing about Moiraine was the only viewing of hers that had not come true; I can't remember if it was in the same place or elsewhere, but her point of view reveals that according to the viewing Rand would fail without her.

As to the way of death, I never really gave it much thought.

About halfway through Kod and FINALLY we find out what was in the letter Moiraine wrote for Thom way, Way back in what, FoH? Is it just me or does it seem like Moiraine has a thing for Thom - My Dearest Thom..., etc? He seems kind of old for her. Plus, I kind of thought Thom would eventually re-hook back up Morgaise at some point and she would tell him that Elaine is really his daughter.

It did seem kind of unfair that all of the main characters have now hooked up and made love connections of some sort or another except Moiraine.

Rand with Elaine/Min/Avhienda

Perrin with Faile

Matt with Tuon

Nynaeve with Lan

Egwene with Galad

Loial with Erith

-and now-

Moiraine and Thom Merrilin?

BTW - was I the only one who knew she wasn't really dead? Fell into a Ter'Angreal? Seriously? What kind of Star Trek dead-but-not-really-dead death is that?

Nah, Moiraine's being alive in Finnland has been generally agreed upon well before the KoD letter. Mostly because of Min's viewing that "failed" because of a women dead and gone (Moiraine). We know her viewings don't fail so Moiraine must not actually be dead.

In terms of Moiraine and Thom - this has also been pretty well foreshadowed and expected. Mostly to do with Moiraine's "I know the face of my future husband better than you" comment (likely refering to a viewing Min had of her and Thom), her promise to Thom before he went to Tarabon with Nynaeve and Elayne that she knew for a fact that she would see him again, and a few other instances.

Thom and Morgase - RJ confirmed that Elayne is not Thom's daughter. And Morgase's plot has clearly been going in the direction of her and Tallanvor being together so it wouldn't make sense for her and Thom to get back together.

Egwene and Galad? Assume you mean Gawyn, as her love interest shifted pretty early on. You are definitely correct - RJ certainly seemed to have a thing in making sure that all the characters had a love interest (and you forgot Suian and Gareth).

Sort of hanging with the topic of Love in WoT - are homosexuals ever mentioned or talked about? It's seems like some of the Foresaken like to play fast and loose with gender and Graendal certainly seems like she could go either way but other then that, I don't recall any mention or description of any homosexual characters in WoT.

Sort of hanging with the topic of Love in WoT - are homosexuals ever mentioned or talked about? It's seems like some of the Foresaken like to play fast and loose with gender and Graendal certainly seems like she could go either way but other then that, I don't recall any mention or description of any homosexual characters in WoT.

There is an awful lot of female homosexuality in WoT (pillow friends). No openly gay male characters or encounters that we have seen.

Just posted this in a thread on the spoiler boards. Contains some examples:

Funnily enough, I think her and Nicola were another couple of victims of the Bubble of Lesbianism that struck sometime around KoD.

Pillow friends were prevalent well before KoD. Moiraine and Suian are revealed as pillow friends in New Spring. Galina is obviously a lesbian early in her appearances (Elaida has a POV that shows that pillow friends were common amongst novices but that it should be grown out of as you get older. Galina did not grow out of it and was surprised when Elaida rejected her advances. Galina's POVs also show a clear attraction to women). Pillow friends were discussed as common amongst the novices in the White Tower. Cadsuane finds out that one of the Sea Folk Windfinders was having an affair with a Cairhien/Tear (can't remember which) noblewoman. She holds them captive because she thinks their secret has something to do with the renegade Asha'man attacking Rand. Etc. This was not something that just suddenly showed up unexpectedly in KoD.

Suian and Moiraine were lovers as novices and accepted. That Seafolk Windfinder and the Cairheinen Lady that Rand tied up and left under the bed during the attack on the Sun Palace, they were having a lesbian relationship as seen from Shaolin's PoV later. Galina and Pevara while accepted, because Pevara thinks about Galina trying to start the same relationship back up after Pevara became AS, but Pevara rejected her because she prefers men. Several of Galina's PoV indicate the fact that she is much more attracted to women than men. As far as male homosexuality, it is not directly referred to between any specific characters, but it is not unknown in Randland.

Any time during the series you see the words "pillow friend" it refers to a relationship that is often sexual in nature. It is usually used in reference to lesbian relationships.

Here's a link to a good article that discusses the subject.

Bloody ashes! - Ninja-posted by Mark Grayson. Oh well, I agree with everything he said.

Edited by Ishadar

Any time during the series you see the words "pillow friend" it refers to a relationship that is often sexual in nature. It is usually used in reference to lesbian relationships.

Great article, many thinks.

One particular passage stood out in my mind:

He might have enjoyed the meal more if she had not lectured him on everything. Not sister-wives. That was left to Amys and Lian, lying on either side of Rhuarc and smiling at each other almost as much as at their husband.

- The Shadow Rising, Cold Rocks Hold

Clearly the relationship between Rand and Min/Elaine/Avhineda has its roots in Aiel custom, with Elaine and Avhienda becoming first sisters and accepting their having to share Rand with each other and Min. On it's surface and so far, when talking about the physical aspects of this rather strange relationship, it seems that Rand's sexual relationship with each of them is separate, in a physical sense, though certainly the sensations seem to be shared through their bond with him. But, does it seem likely at some point that all three will engage in physical intimacy with Rand at the same time? What is the endgame in this relationship - some kind of Mormon marriage where they all live together and enjoy Rand on their assigned nights or more of an Aiel anything goes situation where, in a sense, they are all married to each other, not just to Rand?

Great article, many thinks.

One particular passage stood out in my mind:

He might have enjoyed the meal more if she had not lectured him on everything. Not sister-wives. That was left to Amys and Lian, lying on either side of Rhuarc and smiling at each other almost as much as at their husband.

- The Shadow Rising, Cold Rocks Hold

Clearly the relationship between Rand and Min/Elaine/Avhineda has its roots in Aiel custom, with Elaine and Avhienda becoming first sisters and accepting their having to share Rand with each other and Min. On it's surface and so far, when talking about the physical aspects of this rather strange relationship, it seems that Rand's sexual relationship with each of them is separate, in a physical sense, though certainly the sensations seem to be shared through their bond with him. But, does it seem likely at some point that all three will engage in physical intimacy with Rand at the same time? What is the endgame in this relationship - some kind of Mormon marriage where they all live together and enjoy Rand on their assigned nights or more of an Aiel anything goes situation where, in a sense, they are all married to each other, not just to Rand?

I certainly know which way the male readers of the series would want it. :biggrin: Of course it would depend on how the 3 girls would feel about it, I'm not sure we've seen anything in their POVs to indicate one way or the other. But it would not be surprising considering the prevalence of girl/girl encounters in the series and the lack of a social stigma that is associated with it in their world. Kind of refreshing actually. It would be nice if the non-fiction world were as open-minded.

On Galina--Galina was pillow friends with neither Elaida nor Pevara. She was in the process of seducing Erian during the trip south to take Rand--we never know how far this goes, the one blatant move she makes, in trying to 'console' Erian after Rand kills two of Erian's Warders, Erian doesn't even seem to notice, going off instead to find her remaining warders. She also made a pass at Tarna Feir shortly after Tarna attained the shawl, but Tarna said no as she preferred men, and believed the taking of pillow friends was fair enough for novices, but should be grown out of.

Elaida was pillow friends with Meidani when they were novices, but Elaida broke it off when she became an Accepted. Meidani attempts to use this, and it remains unknown how successful she was. Elaida did seem to enjoy playing with her and her fear.

Pevara, so far as we know, has never had a pillow friend.

Next question - define "ample bosom." C cup, D, DD?

Has it been pointed out the RJ spends a great deal of time describing women's chests and their bathing habits? Every section from Elain'e POV involves at lest one bath with bare bosom's, often with several naked women lounging around. And now, halfway through KoD, I have to read about Elain's "tender" bosom and possible swelling. I just want trollocs and Mydraal and Ashaman kicking ass and Matt leading his Band in battle...

Next question - define "ample bosom." C cup, D, DD?

Has it been pointed out the RJ spends a great deal of time describing women's chests and their bathing habits? Every section from Elain'e POV involves at lest one bath with bare bosom's, often with several naked women lounging around. And now, halfway through KoD, I have to read about Elain's "tender" bosom and possible swelling. I just want trollocs and Mydraal and Ashaman kicking ass and Matt leading his Band in battle...

Some people appreciate bosoms in all their majesty, be they ample, bare, tender, or all of the above... :berelain:

Edited by Ashandarei

• 2 weeks later...

What ever happened to Mat's Bow Stave?

I think it was Mat that came across a nice Two Rivers hunk of wood that he was going to turn into a Stave.

I assumed it would find it's way into Birgette's hands.

What ever happened to that, I dont' remember at all, and thought about it on my drive into work for some reason.

Just some random thought. In TGH Rand spots some weird lines of clouds, to straight to be natural clouds. Did Rand see the outlet of an airplane? (somewhere between chapter 10 - 13 I recall)

This was in the portal stone world. It's possible that this is what RJ intended it to sound like, at least.

As for Mat's stave of black yew that he found in Jurador in KoD, he was going to make a Two Rivers longbow from it. I cannot recall exactly where, but someone comments later when he makes the bow that they don't understand why he makes it so big and difficult to draw back. As far as I know, it's never mentioned in TGS. (since, you know, Brandon often doesn't include every little detail like RJ did in descriptions)

When we first meet Ishamael in Rand's dream, he has a normal face, but sometimes would flash to having fire eyes & mouth. I've attributed that to him not holding his form in the Dream, similar to when Egwene can't hold her clothes in a single form, but I've also heard that this was attributed to too much use of the True Power.

Which is "right"?

When we first meet Ishamael in Rand's dream, he has a normal face, but sometimes would flash to having fire eyes & mouth. I've attributed that to him not holding his form in the Dream, similar to when Egwene can't hold her clothes in a single form, but I've also heard that this was attributed to too much use of the True Power.

Which is "right"?

Both. In reality he has eyes and mouth of fire, in dreams he sometimes switches between his original eyes/mouth and his TP induced flame eyes/mouth.