DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Has anyone else noticed that the chapter end symbol of the snake and wheel looks like the outline of mickey mouse? I thought I had asked this before but have had no answers. :(

Yes.

Sheesh.

Well I never did. Thanks so much for pointing that out.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU.........

Has anyone else noticed that the chapter end symbol of the snake and wheel looks like the outline of mickey mouse? I thought I had asked this before but have had no answers. :(

Yes.

Sheesh.

Well I never did. Thanks so much for pointing that out.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU.........

Okay sorry to disappoint. I will not bother anyone on here again.

While escaping the Seanchan with the bowl of the winds, if I recall correctly, someone creates a gateway while, for some reason I can't remember, the weaves are "slippery" to her. The party escapes, gets in cover and the traveler finally lets go of the slippery weave. This resulted in a quite spectacular explosion?

1. I can't remember the specific circumstances under which this sort of thing would occur, what were they exactly?

2. Is this what the Seanchan are talking about when mentioning or thinking about "that new weapon" used outside Ebou Dar (or wherever it was)?

3. Is this what commonly happens when a weave is unraveled in an uncontrolled manner, or could just about anything happen?

4. Could this side effect of fumbling your weaving roll be used in some way in the remainder of the series?

1. I can't remember the specific circumstances under which this sort of thing would occur, what were they exactly?

It happens when you try to unweave a weave you've made rather than just let go of it. The reason Elayne did it with her gateway is because she feared some damane might know how to read residues, and she didn't want to hand them Travelling (TPoD, Unweaving, if memory serves). Apparently, all Aiel WO know how to do it successfully, but AS find it nearly impossible (and Moridin thought the same).

2. Is this what the Seanchan are talking about when mentioning or thinking about "that new weapon" used outside Ebou Dar (or wherever it was)?

Yes, it is.

3. Is this what commonly happens when a weave is unraveled in an uncontrolled manner, or could just about anything happen?

Not always. It varies.

4. Could this side effect of fumbling your weaving roll be used in some way in the remainder of the series?

It could, but as I said the results can't be relied upon. What's more, it can sometimes Burn out everyone near, so it wouldn't be an efficient weapon, to say the least.

Those are just the stories of her last life. She lived one of her life during the funding of Tar Valon. There aren't many stories left from that time.

This is how I see it.

She's been around a few times during the last Age.

Part of it lies in the way her life unfolds each time. A simple girl who picks up the bow for one reason or another and ends up having crazy adventures with some ugly dude. These tales are then (rightfully so) credited to the same legendary character due to the similarities.

This is of course reflected in our own world in how mythological and religious figures share so many characteristics.

Those are just the stories of her last life.
The comments seem applied to a number of different lives of her soul; not necessarily her last life.

And we do not know whether any of the comments were from her last life; nor which ones if any were.

Did we ever find out why Rands sword melted during the battle in Falme?

As far as I know - No. I guess it has something to do with battling a forsaken in the sky while he is full of OP/TP or such.

I'm surprised no one has asked, i mean the forsaken are human after all, a sword shouldn't melt just because the person is channeling or holding the TP/OP.

Well Ishamael wasn't exactly a normal human. Considering this guy knows exactly how power-wrought swords are made and the fact that the True Power can sap even cuendillar, I don't really think it's too odd that he could melt Tam's sword like that.

Well Ishamael wasn't exactly a normal human. Considering this guy knows exactly how power-wrought swords are made and the fact that the True Power can sap even cuendillar, I don't really think it's too odd that he could melt Tam's sword like that.

Even if he did know how they were made and as far as im away a LOT of TP is needed to sap cuendillar.

I still dont see how stabbing someone in the heart = a melted power-wrought blade.

Also i dont get how Ishi survived, if it was a TAR battle then he should be dead,if it was real he should be dead. unless im missing something?

The answer may lie in the side effects Ishamael was experiencing from use of the True Power - a furnace for eyes and mouth. Maybe any part of him opened would become a 'gate' to this endless cavern of flames.

Which come to think about it, would probably make the morning after burrito night seem like nothing...

Unless I am mistaken, all swords in this series were made from steel. Steel melts from extreme heat.

Maybe the inside of Ishamael's body was hot enough to melt the sword.

About Ishamael, it seems certain that he died at the end of Dragon Reborn.

The books tell that Ishamael was not fully bound. Perhaps he was not fully free either; until Dragon Reborn. If so, that might be why he survived the first two end-book encounters.

Unless I am mistaken, all swords in this series were made from steel. Steel melts from extreme heat.

Rand's sword was a Power-wrought weapon. They don't dull or break, so why should we expect them to react to heat like steel (whichever specific form of steel that happens to be)?

Maybe the inside of Ishamael's body was hot enough to melt the sword.

How does that work? We're talking temperatures of at least 1700K here, and that's for steel, not Power-wrought metal. The guy should have been insta-ash. It forces us to assume all sorts of things to explain how he could survive that, and with no real evidence in sight. If he were that physically tough, I don't even see how a mere sword would even inconvenience him.

Also it may be some sort of scene in a fantasy novel or something.....

You're correct though. There are a number of things that happen in the first book or two that don't really make a lot of sense given the information present in the rest of the series. I'd rather not read too deeply into it when I can just chalk it up to the fact that RJ was still developing the world at the time