DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

Was the chair made in the age of Legends and for what? I'm asking because Rand with all his memories now could probably know/find a way around it. There must be a scene where he comes before it while Tuons sitting there to prove/disprove the prophesy.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An oath rod-esque chair thing in Rhuidean might also explain Amys' young face with her white hair. If it works at all like the Oath Rod. Just a thought.

Amys isn't that old - she is platinium blonde. She's slightly younger than Rhuarc and she's slowed, not ageless.

Just posted in the Rand plotline about the fact that in Shadow Rising Thom mentions about the war between Merc and Mosk (America and Russia?). Could it be the big thing is that the planet is really earth many thousands of years in the future. Maybe it will explain where the power comes from. See my quote in the Rand plotline for more details as I have officially finished work and am going home to bed.

Just posted in the Rand plotline about the fact that in Shadow Rising Thom mentions about the war between Merc and Mosk (America and Russia?). Could it be the big thing is that the planet is really earth many thousands of years in the future. Maybe it will explain where the power comes from. See my quote in the Rand plotline for more details as I have officially finished work and am going home to bed.

I'm going out on a limb and saying; No, it probably isn't that at all.

Mostly because it's been discussed plenty and there is no way BS could have missed it.

this has been general knowledge since book 1 hasnt it? i kinda thought half the point of the series is that its earth, in the future/past, and that this is going to/has happened. possibly to draw the reader in a bit more. hey, heres an idea for fun, start a thread on who you think you will be reborn as lol

this has been general knowledge since book 1 hasnt it? i kinda thought half the point of the series is that its earth, in the future/past, and that this is going to/has happened. possibly to draw the reader in a bit more. hey, heres an idea for fun, start a thread on who you think you will be reborn as lol

I just think its a story and this is not correct. interesting though.

Actually it is earth, but when they got there it was emmitting levels of radiation way beyond tolerable levels, besides, they couldn't "rebuild" they had to start again.

So they began searching, well, this was not a begining, there are no beginings, this was just a begining... They found another planet, in a nice little solar system, a good star in the middle, the planet in the perfect goldylocks position, this would be their new home...

If (with a capital IF) it may be the "thing" this could mean that with Rands new memories (of all previous lives) we could explore things such as:

- Who was the first dragon?

- How did people develope the OP?

- Is it a gift from the Creator or man made, could this be an exploration of the DO?

- Why is there a difference between Sadar and Sadin?

I know I'm getting a bit carried away but it could explain a lot of things that we have taken for granted and more of the philosophy of why the dark one wants to destroy creation.

Remember also in book 6 (I think?) that Morridin looks at the the Fisher king and remembers their past meetings. Also yes many people have taken for granted it is our world but some haven't. If you are a part time visitor to these message boards you may never have seen it mentioned, as I didn't which is why I brought it up.

If (with a capital IF) it may be the "thing" this could mean that with Rands new memories (of all previous lives) we could explore things such as:

- Who was the first dragon?

- How did people develope the OP?

- Is it a gift from the Creator or man made, could this be an exploration of the DO?

- Why is there a difference between Sadar and Sadin?

I know I'm getting a bit carried away but it could explain a lot of things that we have taken for granted and more of the philosophy of why the dark one wants to destroy creation.

Remember also in book 6 (I think?) that Morridin looks at the the Fisher king and remembers their past meetings. Also yes many people have taken for granted it is our world but some haven't. If you are a part time visitor to these message boards you may never have seen it mentioned, as I didn't which is why I brought it up.

THat would be very very interesting and i would like that alot. that would explain alot and Moridin would probably give insight to these

I just think its a story and this is not correct. interesting though.

why do you not like this format(World of the wheel being earth)? it is a proven convention in fiction. Lord of the rings is set in a prehistoric england, anne perry set tathea and come armageddon on a historical earth. in fact, as far as i can tell, setting stories in parallel earths came about at roughly the same time as comic books and graphic novels. authors like to use it as it creates a tangable link btween the reader and the characters of the story. im not saying it REALLY is earth, but a fictional story set on earth, the last was a joke

What?  Perhaps I missed it, but I don't remember Fain sensing their bond. 

After Alanna bonded Rand in Book 6, Fain felt that a part of his own link to Rand was diminished.  This is from Fain's POV right after the bonding:

There was a difference lately, a difference that had come suddenly, almost as if someone else had suddenly taken a partial possession of al'Thor, and in doing so pushed away a part of Pain's own possession. No matter. Al'Thor belonged to him.

The problem with the "Rand's bonds with the girls theory" is that that didn't even happen until like Book 8 or 9.  Also, the ter'angreal that Avi finds that hides peeps from the DO was not found until much later than books 4-6 too.

As for the "Their world is our world" theory.  While this is a cool thing that RJ thought up, I can't see how this is "tBUT" that everybody is searching for in books 4-6.  These little stories that Thom and/or Moiraine tell about our legends from "our Age" start in book one, and are certainly not exclusive to books 4-6.

I am still of the opinion that something in or near or an event that happened in Rhuidean is our biggest bet.  Whether it is something that Rand saw/experienced in the columns, or whether it has to do with the ter'angreal in the plaza in Rhuidean that continue to make appearances throughout the next couple of books...  Whatever it is, I think Rhuidean is one of the best places to look for the BUT.

Does anyone else feel like some of the WoT acronyms should be changed?  BS... BUT...  hehe

The major items from tSR on that could have a major effect on the plot (IMO)

THE FIRST TEST OF A WISE ONE

What better way for Rand to test out his options for the Last Battle then to enter the TA used by WO for their first test.  Rand could experience many of the decisions he has yet to make and their outcome.

THE PROPHECY OF RHUIDIEN

We are aware of only a small fraction of the Aiel prophecies and only truly “know” one concerning HWCWTD.  However ,any of the WO statements suggest though that the women who go through the pillar TA may get to learn the full prophecy directly from the Jenn themselves.  Aviendha may become a direct link to that information without need of translation like the Chronicles.

THE WAYS

Although The Waygates were introduced in book 1, it isn’t until later that hints are given that tie Machin Shin to the taint on saidin.  What has happened to the black wind now that the male half is cleansed?  Like the evil of Shadar Logoth it seemed to target shadowspawn more then others.  Could it’s remanent be harnessed against the DO?  We know that Rand before he had training was able to, with limited success, “push” the black wind back from a gateway in Cairhein?  And that event reads remarkably similar to the visions Min has of the three ta’veren and “fireflies”.

SLAYER

Some focus has been paid to Isam but not as much to Luc.  He seems to be the manifestion of Slayer in the real world.  And it is inferred that he was not a DF originally but sent on his path by Gitara, the same as his sister.  Could Slayer be the actual 3rd member of Mat’s group into the ToG?  Maybe Jain is just there to deal with Isam while Luc redeems himself.  This also ties into the ongoing statements that one should not enter TAR physically without losing your humanity.

THE TRAVELING PEOPLE

The Traveling People have slowly started to spread out into seemingly every population source known, from the Two Rivers to the Waste.  Is this just an amped up search for the song, the work of the pattern or even some sort of set-up by the Forsaken/DO?  What were that one group trying to tell the Dragon before they were massacred?

Archived