DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

Her older siblings died. She was next in line and was delegated to paper work duties in order to rule. She rebelled by joining the Hunt for the Horn.

Yes and in Book VIII (TPoD) Tenobia is referenced as the Broken Crown.

Fain's relationship with Machin Shin comes up in Books 1 and 2. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there ever something that says Moiraine will become Queen of Cairhien?

I don't think it was ever mentioned, and can't really have been referred to except as someone else holding the throne.

I know the only real time we see it is in New Spring.

But, hey, they are in Cairhien when she goes through the doorway. And wasn't that in like Book 5 or 6?

Elayne and Moiraine, holding two of the biggest nations thrones, that are both directly below Tar Valon.

I don't know if it has been mentioned at all, so yeah.

P.S. Like Truck, just throwing ideas out there. It would be something small, but have huge ramifications.

Hello all. This my first post here at Dragonmount. I started reading WoT in '93. With the exception of a few books it has been the greatest series I've ever read. I am glad to see BS has it going in a great direction again. Over the last day or two I've read this entire post and my eyes are feeling it. I agree with many of you about the possible unoticed things you have brought up. Here are some that i feel may be possible. Many of these are repeats but from my viewpoint.

I agree that Callandor will be big during TG but I feel that it will be used differently than others have said. It would seem to me that Callandor won't be used to wield saidin and saidar at the same time. If both were needed all you would need is a decent sized circle with both men and women in it. I feel it is made to recombine the male and female halves back into the true source. In this way one man and one women with another women melding the flows may assalt the DO's prison without tainting the two halves of the OP and since the power is not coming from the DO he can't cut it off. This may have been LTT's plan in the WoP but he had to change plans because the female AS of the day felt that using the true source was to dangerous. I doubt that Callandor is the thing BS is talking about since its been talked about so much. But hey, who knows.

Another heavily talked about topic, but one I feel is all but guaranteed to be greatly important are Moraines questions. Come on, she is blue ajah. Her whole life is devoted to helping/fighting/winning the last battle. Certainly one if not all of her questions in Finnland are about winning the last battle. I can't possibly see how BS won't have this be a big part of the last two books. I would be disappointed if it isn't. This is how Moraine will come back and make a major difference. Plus I bet Rand drops a pile in his pants when he sees her for the first time. I can't wait.

This one is kinda out there but I have wished the story would happen this way for years since I read the parts about Rand and Herid Fel deciphering the means to seal the dark ones prison...In the beginning there was a great war and there were two opposing leaders, one of good and one of evil. These two were extremely strong in the OP though evenly matched.  In there final battle the creator was able to use the true source to imprison the DO outside the pattern but the DO's final act was to drag the creator with him into his prison of the true source, trapping the creator with him. The violence of the battle using the true source was such that the pattern folded in on itself locking time in a continual loop, Dooming all who came after to repeat the rise and fall of there great battle. Many Ages passed as these two sat in stasis in there prison struggling against one another, building there defenses. Then the AoL came and while searching for the True source a hole was bored in the DO's Prisons but the DO couldn't let down his defenses long enough to escape because the creator was there ready to strike. The DO had to settle for Building what influence he could from within the prison. He was able to pull more of the true source to himself much like a well, slowly outpacing the creator. Eventually LTT and the hundred companions Sealed the bore and the DO's ability to touch the outside world was stopped for nearly three thousand years...I would love to see the last battle become a rescue mission to free the creator who happens to be the last seal, Let alone Fighting off how many Trollocs, Myrddraal, Forsaken, etc. No matter what happens, It's going to be good.

This one I can't remember if it takes place by book 6 it has been awhile. I believe the Sea Folk declared Rand the Coramoor in the LoC. Yes that was when they Named him the Coramoor officially, though there finalized agreement for service didn't come till much later. The Sea Folk are the largest groop of friendlies that Rand needs to put to use. They have done almost nothing for the cause since LoC. It would be greatly helpful if the Sea Folk could field 500 or so wind finders to help in the last battle, BIG AIR smackdown style.

I really like the points brought up earlier in this thread about how Rand might die and live again. Of coarse if Rand is killed and then balefire is used against his killer then that would fulfill proficy. My favorite was the point made about the Birgitte style resurrection. If Rand were to die and then be pulled out of the dream I think he would even be healed of his wounds. Not likely to happen but still a very good point.

We won't know until ToM if any of the things put forward in this thread are right. RJs' ability to craft highly detailed worlds and his continual high word count are great but also its what makes figuring out this riddle From BS so shot in the dark. 90% of all the unwritten about details will never make it in to these last two books. There is just so much material out there that if BS would even try to use a fair portion of it then He would run into the same problem that plagued RJ, series bloat. More series will come though. I can see this eventually expanding Star Wars novel style over time with multiple writers being picked to carry on RJs' legacy. As long as the books are good then I am OK with that.  

Ok, i've checked around and Faile's older siblings did die so she is next in line after her father. Now, maybe Tonobia will die (or under  very very strong compulsion) which will make her unfit to rule. Bashere may say that he does not want the crown and instead will put Faile on throne (he did want her to manage his estates). That will make Perrin a king (doubt it though) so Elaine will have a hard time going against him in two rivers with Saldea behind if he chooses to remake Manetharine (sp); afterall Saldea is the largest borderland country. I know it's a long shot but it would be very like "ohhh, that makes sense..." moments. But than, maybe not  ;D

This one is kinda out there but I have wished the story would happen this way for years since I read the parts about Rand and Herid Fel deciphering the means to seal the dark ones prison...In the beginning there was a great war and there were two opposing leaders, one of good and one of evil. These two were extremely strong in the OP though evenly matched.  In there final battle the creator was able to use the true source to imprison the DO outside the pattern but the DO's final act was to drag the creator with him into his prison of the true source, trapping the creator with him. The violence of the battle using the true source was such that the pattern folded in on itself locking time in a continual loop, Dooming all who came after to repeat the rise and fall of there great battle. Many Ages passed as these two sat in stasis in there prison struggling against one another, building there defenses. Then the AoL came and while searching for the True source a hole was bored in the DO's Prisons but the DO couldn't let down his defenses long enough to escape because the creator was there ready to strike. The DO had to settle for Building what influence he could from within the prison. He was able to pull more of the true source to himself much like a well, slowly outpacing the creator. Eventually LTT and the hundred companions Sealed the bore and the DO's ability to touch the outside world was stopped for nearly three thousand years...I would love to see the last battle become a rescue mission to free the creator who happens to be the last seal, Let alone Fighting off how many Trollocs, Myrddraal, Forsaken, etc. No matter what happens, It's going to be good.

You know, not a bad idea. It always bugged me since the EYOTW who was that voice that said that "i will not take part in this. not here. only the chosen one can do what must be done if he chooses to do so." or something very close to that. I think creator may come into play in some very weird way that no one really expects. or at least it would be really cool if he did

Ok, i've checked around and Faile's older siblings did die so she is next in line after her father. Now, maybe Tonobia will die (or under  very very strong compulsion) which will make her unfit to rule. Bashere may say that he does not want the crown and instead will put Faile on throne (he did want her to manage his estates). That will make Perrin a king (doubt it though) so Elaine will have a hard time going against him in two rivers with Saldea behind if he chooses to remake Manetharine (sp); afterall Saldea is the largest borderland country. I know it's a long shot but it would be very like "ohhh, that makes sense..." moments. But than, maybe not  ;D
He doesn't want to remake Manetheren, he gave up all claim to it, and said Elayne is welcome to the TR.

Plus Andor hasn't had sufficient power or concern to even visit TR for like 6 generations.  If I remember right Morgase says in tEotW that the TR hasn't seen a tax collector for that long.  Granted, if the TR becomes the trade center it appears to be heading towards it might be worth Elayne's time, but no way that happens before TG. 

First post

Been lurking for a while but havent read all page but this just came to me.

The trains being developed at the school in caihrain. Its been pretty much unnoticed i think, but would be very useful in transporting a large number of aludras dragons to where theyre needed on the battlefront. Thats just the use that comes to mind. Im sure it would have plenty more.

any thoughts

Actually instead of using the trains for transporting the Dragons, the cannons could simply be mounted on the trains themselves instead of a horse-drawn system.  I'd rule this out as impossible to have the time to occur before the Last Battle, but it seems almost impossible the Dragons themselves will be ready in time, and who knows how quick mass-production could go with support from channelers.

In either case, mobile Dragons will provide a big advantage because moving the Dragons around via Gateways during a battle will give away your position to enemy channelers, whereas moving via train or horse would not be noticed (except visually).

He doesn't want to remake Manetheren, he gave up all claim to it, and said Elayne is welcome to the TR.

It is clear that he does not want to remake Manetheren, but it does not mean it shouldn't or wouldn't be done. I know it's a stretch, but it seems that a lot of people pushing him in that direction and we clearly saw that the pattern wants him to take charge. It might have been only for the time of trolocs in order to save the Two Rivers, but since than his influence and rule only expanded, which means pattern pushes him towards more power for whatever reason. Even in the last book Tam refers to the eagle banner and that it has been put away. I won't be surprised if it will fly again. All in all, I'm not sure that this is it, but at least the time line fits and this issue has not been discussed very much.

The technology development thing in Carhein, plus Mat's-Aludra's cannon and possibly crossbows is intriguing.

The best general of the 30 Years War, (which is roughly where Randland is, technically) Gustavus Adolphus made his bones through mobile artillery. Essentially he went around with small, wheeled cannons rather than large fixed behemoths.

Mat-Aludra are jumping straight to explosive charges rather than ball, which is how arty historically started.

So they are jumping a stage.

If Mat can get assembly lines flowing, that's a big-big if, there's a lot happening.

The steampunk trains won't work unless the Carhein loonies suddenly knock together tracked vehicles as well as reliable boilers.

Even more elements required for that than for a simple arty design so doubt very much, if that could be made ready by TG.

The mechanical crossbows are a possible. Also how about the old Gatling design where multi-barrelled guns are water-cooled for high rates of fire and barrels are replaced.  The difficulty here is quality ammo, and belts/ feed mechanisms rather than a single working weapon.

Another first time poster who is joining your ranks because of this riddle...

Anyways, I seem to remember Verin warning Perrin not to trust Alanna at some point in Edmonds Field.. based on what we know in TGS with Verin being a DF and ousting the BA, is it possible she suspects Alanna?

Anyways, I can't pin down where this conversation between Perrin and Verin occurs so I might be totally off base....

Anyways, I seem to remember Verin warning Perrin not to trust Alanna at some point in Edmonds Field.. based on what we know in TGS with Verin being a DF and ousting the BA, is it possible she suspects Alanna?

Anyways, I can't pin down where this conversation between Perrin and Verin occurs so I might be totally off base....

It was in TSR.

Either way though, all she means is for him to distrust her in the way he should distrust any Aes Sedai. Because she's manipulative to the extreme like most AS are. We've seen it already with her forced bonding of Rand. Mystery solved.

I think Verin would have mentioned Alanna in her Black Ajah book, even as just a suspect, considering Verin knows Alanna is bonded to Rand, it would be a big thing to let Egwene know.

Of course Verin is quite sneaky, so there could be a reason for omitting her, but that's thinking too much into it (I hope :))

I'm starting to think it could be the fat man angreal Rand used to have,

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/items/little_fat_man.html

TWoTRPG - The little fat man is a relatively strong angreal.

TSR,Ch22 - Rand finds the little fat man in the Great Holding in the Stone of Tear. He uses it to draw enough of the One Power to transport his entire party from Tear to Chaendaer via Portal Stone.

TSR,Ch57 - Rand uses the little fat man angreal when he channels a rainstorm at Alcair Dal.

TSR,Ch58 - Rand uses the little fat man angreal to tap slightly more of the One Power and sever Asmodean from the Dark One.

TFoH,Ch6 - Rand takes the little fat man with him when he feels the evil of the approaching Darkhounds.

TFoH,Ch21 - Rand uses the little fat man to help make a ward that covers his entire camp. He does not have to actually touch the angreal to use it.

TFoH,Ch44 - Rand uses the little fat man for reserve strength in the battle for Cairhien.

TFoH,Ch55 - Rand has his little fat man angreal with him when he goes after Rahvin.

LoC,Ch10 - Rand takes the little fat man with him when he goes to meet Alanna and Verin at Culain's Hound.

LoC,Ch41 - Rand keeps his little fat man angreal in his coat pocket.

LoC,Ch49 - Lews Therin panics when he hears there are seven Aes Sedai coming. He calms down when Rand thinks of the little fat man angreal.

LoC,Ch51 - Rand is wearing his red coat when he is kidnapped. Is the little fat man in the coat pocket?

LoC,Ch53 - Rand is in his shirt-sleeves in the box. He does not have the little fat man.

ACoS,Ch3 - Rand searches in vain for the little fat man angreal in the aftermath of Dumai's Wells

That timeline definitely fits it perfectly, and Brandon said it's a puzzle of sorts that should have been solved then, ie finding the thing.

It's also been speculated Taim is after the angreal, in the first chapter of ACOS, after the asha'man were around the surviving wagons, Gedwyn shakes his head at Taim who grimaces, could show they didn't find it (yet), so who has the damn thing?

It's also been speculated Taim is after the angreal, in the first chapter of ACOS, after the asha'man were around the surviving wagons, Gedwyn shakes his head at Taim who grimaces, could show they didn't find it (yet), so who has the damn thing?

Gedwyn was waiting for the Aes Sedai to do something stupid so he'd have an excuse to attack them or at least 'discipline' them, but they didn't take the bait.

The sisters began talking right away, but not a sound reached Perrin's ears. Clearly they had erected a barrier with the One Power.

Clear to the Asha'man as well. They went from lounging to up on their toes in a heartbeat, every line of them focused on the sisters. Nothing said they had taken hold of saidin, the male half of the True Source, but Perrin would have wagered Stepper they had. By Gedwyn's angry sneer, he was ready to use it, too. Whatever obstruction the Aes Sedai had raised, they must have dropped it. They folded their hands, turning to look down the slope in silence. Glances passed among the Asha'man, and finally Gedwyn waved them back to apparent indolence. He looked disappointed.

and then a few paragraphs later:

As Taim stepped inside, he glanced to Gedwyn, who shook his head just a hair. A grimace flashed across Taim's face, gone as soon as it appeared.

Gedwyn was in charge of looking after the Aes Sedai, not exactly conducive for a scavenger hunt.

The Fat man was last in RaT's coat, which wasn't carried out of the Throne room and somebody abstracted it.

A Saidin-user? Or an AS who was trying to prevent saidin users getting it?

Probably the former - a saidar user might not recognise it as an Angreal.

So who?

It is clear that he does not want to remake Manetheren, but it does not mean it shouldn't or wouldn't be done. I know it's a stretch, but it seems that a lot of people pushing him in that direction and we clearly saw that the pattern wants him to take charge. It might have been only for the time of trolocs in order to save the Two Rivers, but since than his influence and rule only expanded, which means pattern pushes him towards more power for whatever reason. Even in the last book Tam refers to the eagle banner and that it has been put away. I won't be surprised if it will fly again. All in all, I'm not sure that this is it, but at least the time line fits and this issue has not been discussed very much.
Actually it has been discussed a lot. At great length, and with great ferocity.

Good enough, we can just ignore that part then, I just wanted to provide an idea on where the fat man could be, since it seems like we don't have any clue whatsoever.  It fits every criteria, but unfortunately we'll never know til October. *twitch*
Actually, the Fat Man fails in one important way: it has been discussed a fair bit. The downfall of so many other theories on this thread.

I personally think the fat-man an'greal is just gone and is not going to show-up again.  That being said, we know that:

(i) Demandred doesn't have it or he would have used it when he Traveled to SL during the cleansing.

(ii) Aginor/Dashiva never had it and he was at Dumai's Wells.  If it was found he might have ordered Taim to give it to him, the M'Hael be damned.

I think we can assume if any of the Ashaman found it at Dumai's Wells, Taim would have seized it.  Nothing suggests Halima ever had it.  The only other real possible candidate is Moridin just because he's in the know about a lot of things and can override anyone else. 

If it shows up at all, it will probably be Taim whipping it out at an opportune time and surprising Logain, although Logain will have his own power augmented/concentrated via a circle with his Aes Sedai. 

Good enough, we can just ignore that part then, I just wanted to provide an idea on where the fat man could be, since it seems like we don't have any clue whatsoever.  It fits every criteria, but unfortunately we'll never know til October. *twitch*
Actually, the Fat Man fails in one important way: it has been discussed a fair bit. The downfall of so many other theories on this thread.

I thought about that, but up until this morning I had totally forgotten about it until I read the new Tor re-read for the week, and I've followed all these WoT sites for about 10 years in a rabid fan sorta way, certainly much more than Brandon did.  That's no guarantee for anyone but myself of course.

Archived