DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the Worms (Jumara) were first mentioned in TEotW

Yes, the jumara, but what about the comment about them changing? I only vaguely remember it but it has to signify something. The worms themselves have been mentioned earlier than books 4-6 but if the comment I'm referring to falls within our window, and I really can't say for sure that it does, then it would fit what we're looking for in that it is overlooked, and could have important ramifications. I don't see where it has come up in later books though.

Its occurred to me now where it might have come up in later books. Several times its been mentioned that no one is familiar with the creatures on Rand's banner and on his arms(arm). And the word dragon is only known in connection with Rand/LTT/etc. Yep, those worms are gonna change into dragons. Now I'm just waiting for someone to find that conversation and point out that it happened outside of the 4-6 window and blow my little idea out of the water.

Its occurred to me now where it might have come up in later books. Several times its been mentioned that no one is familiar with the creatures on Rand's banner and on his arms(arm). And the word dragon is only known in connection with Rand/LTT/etc. Yep, those worms are gonna change into dragons. Now I'm just waiting for someone to find that conversation and point out that it happened outside of the 4-6 window and blow my little idea out of the water.

Lol, RJ said there's not going to be any "real" dragons in the book.

I'm new to posting but have been a lurker for many years.

Could the thing that has been ongoing from the timeframe of books 4-6 be something as simple as the sealing of the Waygates that has been undertaken by first Loial and then Elder Haman? It has been mentioned through the books but is rarely commented on that I have seen.

As the Last Battle approaches it would be interesting to see if Rand's concern over them being used by the Shadow to cause chaos in the enemies rear (so to speak).

Just a thought...

5. What would: Nym + Ogier + Human, singing the Seed-song Rand experienced when he was in Rhuidean, do to the Blight? Of course, this means we'd need a new Nym. But the Nym were made by Aes Sedai. Rand now has recovered the memories of his past incarnations. Hmmm.

But really, aside from the Song, what relevance could the Tinkers really have?  In the 4th Age I see them making a big comeback.. but during the Last Battle??  Not so much.

I don't remember if Rand saw it in his visions thing going throught the ter'angreal in Rhuidean....

but the Tinkers stood linked arm in arm and even though they all died....they delayed what's his face...and he even cried as he slayed them..right?

who knows..they could play a role in TG...

:-[

Does anyone have the actual answers to the questions Rand asked the Eelfinn?

I thought I remembered something about making the seperate countries one land and I thought something about binding the Daughter of the Nine Moons but I can't remember a third one at all. I skimmed through the other pages and didn't see any mention of the specific answers he got. But I did see someone put forth the theory that the "Mystery" could be the third answer/question, and I might agree.

Does anyone have the actual answers to the questions Rand asked the Eelfinn?

I thought I remembered something about making the seperate countries one land and I thought something about binding the Daughter of the Nine Moons but I can't remember a third one at all. I skimmed through the other pages and didn't see any mention of the specific answers he got. But I did see someone put forth the theory that the "Mystery" could be the third answer/question, and I might agree.

They never tell us the third answer. And it's "to bind the nine Moons", not the daughter. Also, it doesn't really say anything about the land, that's just Rand's interpetation, they just say "the south and west, and the north and east must be as one." Finally, they say "To live you must die." Some people think that's the third answer, but I'm not so sure.

I think that the BIG thing we may be missing might be Setalle Anan's true identity.  Setalle is the innkeeper at the Wandering Woman that introduces Egwene to the Kinswomen/Knitting Circle.  I've never seen her name as a topic of large debates, as most people just assume that she is a burned out novice/accepted, however I never did buy that idea.  I have always though that her age, knowledge of aes sedai, and comfort with the power point to something more.  Yes, she is a stilled aes sedai, but I think that since she cares so much for the other AS she is a little more than that, I think she may be a stilled amrylin from the past.  This would mark her age for at least 300 years...but that is more than possible I'd say (look at Cadsuane! and she is still on the oath rod).  For her to NOT be on the oath rod, yet to still have the initial slowing from channeling, I think she may live to be as old or older than some of the Wise Ones that we've met.

Are there any thoughts?  There are very very very few details in the books that mention the names of stilled amrylins...which is why I'm too lazy to read through them all to find those passages again.  However I certainly remember noticing the possibility with Setalle being one of the named amrylin's that were stilled and then disappeared (and was pretty much forgotten about).  Does anyone recall that name????

Forkroot is my last guess.  We first see it in A signal in TFOH.  It has gotten to the tower and the Seachan.  The shadow probably has it by now as well.  Maybe that is what those farmers in the blight were doing.  Did I mention I am certain that is important....whatever it is?

This is one of the more interesting ideas I have seen on here.  Nice

It is interesting...

We know that shielding someone will not stop them from touching the True Power...right? Semi had the bands on him and he still used the TP....

Maybe Forkroot could naturally block all three source of the Power....

How about a new idea?  I certainly do not remember it ever being discussed, except in the most casual way.

Basic workings of the power.  What can and cannot be done.  I know there are comments made by rand I think in tFoH when weaving for skimming.  Something about when making the platform to carry them all to Andor.  He makes the platform to the same size as the courtyard, then adds another ring of stones making it larger, until he begins to sink.  He brings it back until the floor firms and realizes he cannot make it much larger then his first attempt.  He questions how much of what he does is limits were set by himself.  This is also true for other things.  There is a random ashaman somewhere that has a "bar" where he cannot channel pass like 50 paces because he does not believe he can.  And aviendha unable to make a proper gateway, because the weave she first used was different.  This line of thought could lead to Rand figuring out how to seal the bore.

very interesting...though I am not sure if it would be it...

it has been said in the books that people create their own limits...like that asha'man...

and when the 51-ish sisters go to attack the BT, the leader of one group tells them all to run becasue men think they cannot hold the weave if they cannot see it....

and the self-limitation would fit with Nyn, and Theodrin (SP?) and whoever else had blocks....

they know they can channel, but subconsciously, they suppress  it....so they can't channel....

and Aes Sedai believe you have to be calm to channel, but Nyn did while angry....

a lot of the stuff we "know" about the power is what the Aes Sedai or asha'man claim to know...but so much was lost in the Breaking....so who knows...you could have a point....

??? ??? ???

Anan was an Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah who got burned out studying ter-angreal

We know this in Knife of Dreams when she asks Mat to see his foxhead medallion and he lets her then he asks if she is Aes Sedai and she says something along the lines of...Most people think a person who gets burned out normally dies but if they look closely they would recognize it". I'd have to look it up but ya

Forkroot is my last guess.  We first see it in A signal in TFOH.  It has gotten to the tower and the Seachan.  The shadow probably has it by now as well.  Maybe that is what those farmers in the blight were doing.  Did I mention I am certain that is important....whatever it is?

This is one of the more interesting ideas I have seen on here.  Nice

It is interesting...

We know that shielding someone will not stop them from touching the True Power...right? Semi had the bands on him and he still used the TP....

Maybe Forkroot could naturally block all three source of the Power....

I seem to recall RJ stating somewhere that shielding someone from the OP does also shield them from the TP. Remember that the a'dam doesn't stop someone from channelling if they can bear the physical pain induced by doing so. The Domination Band i'm not sure. But shielding is by no means as simple as you believe.

I thought the worms turned into draghkar(SP?) or some other shadow spawn...

destroyer of rockets:

''Am I the only person who remebers Fain stealing the shadar logoth daggar from the wt? That's a pretty big thing...''

IMO...i totally agree...that certainly WAS a big thing...the only thing is...Brandon Sanderson sorta seems to be saying that the ''Important Effect'' this event will have will be sorta unique to one of the last two books and we have seen Padan Fain up to his shenannigans with the Dagger plenty of times since he re-aquired it.

Fish

The person who first thought of this should get credit.

Can't remember which book, but one of the forsaken was commenting on the bond being new to this age, and they wanted to figure it out. We have seen different incarnations of the bond; women to male, male to woman, and male channeler to non-channeling female. The bonding does seem to be a big thing, it has been discussed, but I wish I could find that quote by the forsaken about the bond. There may be more to it than first realized.

If anyone has the quote handy, thanks, it's appreciated.

I think that the BIG thing we may be missing might be Setalle Anan's true identity.  Setalle is the innkeeper at the Wandering Woman that introduces Egwene to the Kinswomen/Knitting Circle.  I've never seen her name as a topic of large debates, as most people just assume that she is a burned out novice/accepted, however I never did buy that idea.  I have always though that her age, knowledge of aes sedai, and comfort with the power point to something more.  Yes, she is a stilled aes sedai, but I think that since she cares so much for the other AS she is a little more than that, I think she may be a stilled amrylin from the past.  This would mark her age for at least 300 years...but that is more than possible I'd say (look at Cadsuane! and she is still on the oath rod).  For her to NOT be on the oath rod, yet to still have the initial slowing from channeling, I think she may live to be as old or older than some of the Wise Ones that we've met.

Are there any thoughts?  There are very very very few details in the books that mention the names of stilled amrylins...which is why I'm too lazy to read through them all to find those passages again.  However I certainly remember noticing the possibility with Setalle being one of the named amrylin's that were stilled and then disappeared (and was pretty much forgotten about).   Does anyone recall that name????

She's almost certainly that Brown sister I can't quite remember the name of. And she wasn't stilled, she was burned out. There's a difference when it comes to the a'dam, I believe. Siuan and Leane could almost use the a'dam, Setalle Anan couldn't.

I believe the name everyone is looking for with regards to Setalle Anan is: Corianin Nedeal

In the spirit of Taimandred, may I christen her: Coriananan

:p

Martine Janata, actually.  Corianin Nedeal was the last Dreamer. 

I'm new to posting but have been a lurker for many years.

Could the thing that has been ongoing from the timeframe of books 4-6 be something as simple as the sealing of the Waygates that has been undertaken by first Loial and then Elder Haman? It has been mentioned through the books but is rarely commented on that I have seen.

As the Last Battle approaches it would be interesting to see if Rand's concern over them being used by the Shadow to cause chaos in the enemies rear (so to speak).

Just a thought...

There could be something to this.  The Ways are a major way for the bad guys to move shadowspawn, and thus important to their battle-plans.  I haven't heard this discussed/theorized much either.

Archived