DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

You're being incredibly narrowminded to pass it off as sheer coincidence, but whatever makes you happy.
That cuts both ways. You're being narrow minded to say it cannot be coincidence. We are given no reason to think it is Graendal. Aside from also wearing a blue dress, and Graendal changes her dresses. And the descriptions of the dresses don't match. This is not at all in plain sight, it's just hidden. There's no sunstance to this theory.

To expand on my earlier post...

The rebuilding of Manethren started in Book 4 and in Book 6 we see Perrin as Lord for the first time. This is a continuing process as Perrin has gained more lands and brought more people under his rule. People are emigrating to the two rivers, 1000s of rescued gaishain, etc...

Everyone assumes that Perrin and Elayne will coexist peacfully. However that seems wishful thinking and does not conform to the political realities. Elayne has just been elected as Queen. Her first order of business will be to cement her control of Andor. She has previously said that she was not content to let the Two Rivers go their own way. And two rivers independence could certainly undermine her authority. If one outlying lord in a forgotten back water is seen declaring independence what's keeping others from doing the same?

Further, any remaining Andoran lords or ladies who are not content with Elayne, especially those that are located in regions geographically contiguous with the two rivers or Ghealdan may defect to Perrin and Manethren which would almost certainly force her hand. If I were interested in letting the lord of chaos rule, that's one thing that I would have on the list.

Couple of minor points: Perrin gave up all claim to Manetheren in book 11, and said he would be quite happy to hand the TR over to whoever Elayne gives it to in book 12. He doesn't want to be a lord or a king or anything like that. Elayne wants Andor united, and Perrin doesn't want to take anything away from Andor. There's not actually any political clash there, no conflict of interest. Some theories go even further, suggesting Perrin also keeps Ghealdan and unites Saldaea, western Andor and Ghealdan, as well as a slice of Caralain Grass, into one big country, and I don't really see a foundation for any of it. Perrin doesn't want it. Elayne and Perrin would both be happy by him handing off the TR to someone else who was willing to do right by them.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're being incredibly narrowminded to pass it off as sheer coincidence, but whatever makes you happy.
That cuts both ways. You're being narrow minded to say it cannot be coincidence. We are given no reason to think it is Graendal. Aside from also wearing a blue dress, and Graendal changes her dresses. And the descriptions of the dresses don't match. This is not at all in plain sight, it's just hidden. There's no sunstance to this theory.

It might cut both ways if you didn't consistently ignore half of what I'm saying, yes. You've completely ignored my points about the rings, and how it is the combination of the two is what makes it very unlikely to be a coincidence. Couple the descriptions with them being in consecutive chapters and it's more than suggestive.

Instead you keep harping on about how in your opinion Graendal's dress couldn't ever be considered modest and so the descriptions don't match. An immodest domani dress as you might expect Graendal to favour would be like a second skin rather than just 'clinging more than hinting', and not have a high neck-line. The description of what she's wearing with Sammael could certainly be considered modest by someone more familiar with how domani women often dress.

Y'know I can't think of another unnamed character with gemmed rings on every finger, it's a lot less common than blue domani dresses, which you seem to fixate on.

I'd also like to point out how in her two other appearances in LoC Graendal wears her newly-found streith and in all of her appearances outside of streith her neckline is cut to show her cleavage (disclaimer: I only have up to WH with me, I lent the others to a friend).

Anyway as to the relevance of this, assuming it is her she has had ample opportunity to mess with Mat's pals however she wants.

Sorry if this is said before, but my first idea was: where are the wise ones getting the new skills? I'm not sure if this is mentioned in almost every book but atleast it was Soriela who teached Cads to travel and at some point one of the Aes Sedai thinks how the wise ones learned to link. I think this might be big but I haven't seen it on the forums

I was reading another post and something came to me. In book 4 we see how the dark one was released. Interestenly enough, it looks as if he was free all togather. But we know that he still needed forsaken to influence the world. So maybe the big thing is that the DO is not free even after the seals are broken. It was always interesting to me as to what followed the bore making and the war of the power. It's not like in a second some AS became forsaken, but instead they switched sides.

Something I noticed just a moment ago while doing a re-read of TSR, in the chapter 'dedicated' right after Rand witnesses the drilling of the bore, He had black specs in his vision, which I thought was oddly similar to the Saa attained from the TP.

I don't really know for sure if I believe he was channeling it at the time, beings nothing was mentioned about it. At all, and with what we learned when he drew it to destroy semi, it's a pretty moving experience.

It just seemed odd to me, seeing as I'm in paranoid mode over this clue we're missing. At first I assumed it was an afterimage caused by a light from the crystal pillars, but with bright lights, I.E. balefire, it's distinctively noted as an afterimage, not specks of black.

Could this detail have to do with Mat bringing Iron into the Twisted Doorway in Tear? Would the answers he received NOT be true if he broke the Agreement?

He did not bring the iron, but a steel dagger instead. Sorry :(

Whether it was iron or something else... the fact is, the answers DID happen.

A crazy theory that I've head banging around in my head for a while, is related to Mat asking to be free of Aes Sedai.  The response to that request is assumed to be the medalion.  But what if there was another component to that.  Does anyone know when the failing of Saidar was first mentioned?  I'm just curious if the Snakes (or is it Foxes...I forget) response to that request is not only the medalion, but also the draining of Saidar, or a gradual weakening of its effect on the world.  That may be something that would be difficult for even the Snakes to accomplish, hence it is slowly failing.

Probably nothing, but its just something that popped into my head when talk of Saidar failing showed up.

It might cut both ways if you didn't consistently ignore half of what I'm saying, yes. You've completely ignored my points about the rings, and how it is the combination of the two is what makes it very unlikely to be a coincidence. Couple the descriptions with them being in consecutive chapters and it's more than suggestive.

Instead you keep harping on about how in your opinion Graendal's dress couldn't ever be considered modest and so the descriptions don't match. An immodest domani dress as you might expect Graendal to favour would be like a second skin rather than just 'clinging more than hinting', and not have a high neck-line. The description of what she's wearing with Sammael could certainly be considered modest by someone more familiar with how domani women often dress.

Y'know I can't think of another unnamed character with gemmed rings on every finger, it's a lot less common than blue domani dresses, which you seem to fixate on.

I'd also like to point out how in her two other appearances in LoC Graendal wears her newly-found streith and in all of her appearances outside of streith her neckline is cut to show her cleavage (disclaimer: I only have up to WH with me, I lent the others to a friend).

Anyway as to the relevance of this, assuming it is her she has had ample opportunity to mess with Mat's pals however she wants.

It doesn't work. Mat isn't Domani; he wouldn't consider a Domani dress modest, even if it would be considered modest by other Domani. At the very least, there would be a comment to that effect.

Also, the normal Domani dresses aren't low-cut, as far as I can recall -- it is a point of difference that Graendal wears dresses that are as thin and clinging as other Domani dresses, but are also cut very low.

Sentinel78, steel obviously doesn't count as iron for the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn, as they didn't consider Mat's steel dagger a problem. Even if it is mostly iron, the difference is obviously enough to, well, make a difference. Mat even thinks something in this regard -- "What does he think my dagger is?"

I had a MONSTER Thought about this - and it was sparked by talk about The Finns in the ''General Wot Discussion' Forum ... If  it has been covered, just accept my apologies and ignore, I tried to see, but its hard to catch everything in 50+ pages lol!!!

I was taling in the ''General Wot'' Forum about how 9 Questions by Main Characters in Our Story have been asked of The Finns in The Ter'angreal Doorway...3 each by Rand, Moirane and Mat...We know for certain Mat's 3 and we are PRETTY sure in hindsight 2 of Rand's (one about Cleansing The Taint and one about Winning/Surviving The Last Battle.

So, we probably know 4 or 5 of the 9 questions asked the Finns.

BUT. We still have a few Questions that are still a MYSTERY to us..and Those questions were asked definitely between books 4-6 and I would bet those questions we don't know about have a big impace on the last couple of books...all Brandon Sandeerson's Requirements seem to fit...

Could The Finn-Questions we DON'T know about be What Mr Sanderson is talking about?

Fish

I had a MONSTER Thought about this - and it was sparked by talk about The Finns in the ''General Wot Discussion' Forum ... If  it has been covered, just accept my apologies and ignore, I tried to see, but its hard to catch everything in 50+ pages lol!!!

I was taling in the ''General Wot'' Forum about how 9 Questions by Main Characters in Our Story have been asked of The Finns in The Ter'angreal Doorway...3 each by Rand, Moirane and Mat...We know for certain Mat's 3 and we are PRETTY sure in hindsight 2 of Rand's (one about Cleansing The Taint and one about Winning/Surviving The Last Battle.

So, we probably know 4 or 5 of the 9 questions asked the Finns.

BUT. We still have a few Questions that are still a MYSTERY to us..and Those questions were asked definitely between books 4-6 and I would bet those questions we don't know about have a big impace on the last couple of books...all Brandon Sandeerson's Requirements seem to fit...

Could The Finn-Questions we DON'T know about be What Mr Sanderson is talking about?

Fish

Just following your line of thought...did Moraine enter the second door

Im with ya, Netslider...Regardless, I actually think I might really kinda like this idea of mine...

We KNOW as a fact, 3 of the 9 Questions posed to the Finns (Mat's 3) ... We are ALMOST Positive about 2 of Rand's (How to win TG and How to Survive it)

We still have a few of the nine (including all of Moirane Damodred's) that we dont know - that are a mystery...

All that happnenedd during the specified Books 4-6 time perios Sanderson specified, and I think those questions stilll unknown to the reader will play a large, large role in the last couple of books - meeting Brandon's other requirment...

Fish

Rand

* One question was how to cleanse saidin.

* The answer was a riddle that Herid Fel says "stated sound principles in both high philosophy and natural philosophy."

* "How can I win the Last Battle and survive?"

* "The north and the east must be as one. The west and the south must be as one. The two must be as one. If you would live, you must die."

Moiraine's questions:

Q: How do I get me a horse like Bela, one as powerful as the creator himself?

A: Steal Bela

Q: Will i find true love?

A: Bond Thom

Q: How can i make everyone miss me for a REALLY LONG TIME? like say... 5 books AT LEAST?

A: Go to Rhuidean (they certainly like that answer -- same one for mat!)

.. that leaves just the one that Rand asked.

Moiraine's questions:

Q: How do I get me a horse like Bela, one as powerful as the creator himself?

A: Steal Bela

Q: Will i find true love?

A: Bond Thom

Q: How can i make everyone miss me for a REALLY LONG TIME? like say... 5 books AT LEAST?

A: Go to Rhuidean (they certainly like that answer -- same one for mat!)

.. that leaves just the one that Rand asked.

Awesome...it makes so much sense!!!

Of course, she wants a horse like Bela...

But there is no horse like Bela....

she would have to steal her....

good call

Good point...and we don't know if she did enter it before "falling" though we know that she returned after rand and mat. though i must say that mat could not enter second time in tear but maybe moraine could because she was channeling.

On the contrary, we do know that Moiraine didn't go through the red doorframe ter'angreal in Rhuidean -- Mat attempts to go back through one of them (can't recall which at the moment), and he just goes through as if it was a normal door frame. If Moiraine had already been through once, she wouldn't have been able to go through a second time.

Archived