DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

Perhaps we will find out who Gaidal Cain was reborn as.  I wouldn't be shocked if Elayne gave birth to one very ugly child.  Yeah the timing isn't perfect, but we know time works differently in the dream world.

Olver is Gaidal Cain! Am I the only one who finds that blindingly obvious?

No.  However, you are one of the few that apparently hasn't heard yet that RJ quashed that theory thoroughly.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Sanderson say that the repercussions would still be felt throughout the next book too? Well Elaida's been captured now, so I can't imagine that she'll have anymore major roles if any in the next 2 books.

No, he suggested something that Fain might have done in Caemlyn, on the way to TV

Who's left for Fain to've talked to in Caemlyn who we haven't seen lately?

Or did he open the Waygate inside the walls?

Perhaps we will find out who Gaidal Cain was reborn as.  I wouldn't be shocked if Elayne gave birth to one very ugly child.  Yeah the timing isn't perfect, but we know time works differently in the dream world.

No.  However, you are one of the few that apparently hasn't heard yet that RJ quashed that theory thoroughly.

Oh well, silly me. And there I was taking it for granted the whole way though the series. I shall keep myself better informed from now on. Sorry for wasting your time!

Oh well, silly me. And there I was taking it for granted the whole way though the series. I shall keep myself better informed from now on. Sorry for wasting your time!

haha, we're used to it.  If it weren't for Olver=Gaidal Cain and Taimandred, we'd never get noobs.  Usually the noobs show up and get those theories quashed, and then find better theories to get into.  If you check the link in my sig, there's some good reading there, particularly the RJ/BWS interview database.  You can see everything they've said about plot-related stuff.

Basically, Jordan said that while time in T'A'R jumps around faster or slower, it never goes backwards.  So no Gaidal, as Olver's a young kid.  Gaidal would have had to left T'A'R years before, and he didn't.  He was around with Birgitte when Nyn and Co talked to her.

So no GC.

I'm sure Eclipse will be happy to know someone is still preaching his Mat pawn theory though.

Not sure who Eclipse is, but I probably predate him, at least on this board. Not that I came up with the theory (not first, anyway). I'm sure someone had this same idea before it occured to me.

A Theorylander, and I doubt you predate him.  I know you from Theoryland archives, but I'm pretty sure Eclipse was there before you.  Here's his Mat Pawn theory.  I can't find the original 'Lanfear was enhanced' theory.   :(

LOL...PWNED!

RJ stated that saidar would've been tainted if it was used too.

I don't think that was ever said. I thought he'd left it up in the air with an ambiguous answer to the effect of "There's no way to know". You have a quote?

He said it in the Budapest interview in 2003.;)

Edited for accuracy's sake.

I don't think that was ever said. I thought he'd left it up in the air with an ambiguous answer to the effect of "There's no way to know". You have a quote?

He said it in the Budapest interview in 1995.;)

2003, dork.   ::) :P

Edit:  ooh, I just noticed your post count is higher than mine!

I'm re-reading TSR and here is what bugging me now. The taint on saidin was a result of male chanelers touching the DO. but what about the time when Lanfear and another male AS (don't remember his name) unsealed DO. no taint. i find it weird. i know that the issue was some what discussed when it comes to taint and the whole LTT raving about how women doomed the effort by not joining the 100 companions, but is this (the whole boring into DO prison) is the first indication that male and female channeling together protects the sources. It might be nothing, but at this point I'm just literally going through the whole book and pointing out even all the small stuff (Example: Mat is looking at the door in Finn land and finds it to be familiar. familiar to what???) any way, i think i need to stop reading this threat bc it's driving me crazy.

I think Callandor has to be or will be used in sealing the bore. That way, with both halves being used it gets sealed without the taint being applied once more and it's permanent or "more" permanent. Meaning LTT's first attempt was half-arsed, with there being no Saidar used.

disregard the above... ??? damn it!

One small thing I noticed on my last re-read, was that at the end of tSR, Fain is adamant about going to Caemlyn before Tar Valon.  Since he is already in the Tower in the prologue of tFoH, it was never revealed what exactly he did there, nor do I really recall any deep discussions about it.  Couple that with the fact that Andor and Caemlyn will probably figure in heavily in ToM (1. since the whole Elayne thread was missing completely from the last book, and now needs to be moved forward, and 2. We now know Mat's thread is headed there as well), this might be that "small thing".

Fain leaves his men in Caemlyn befor he goes to Tar Valon. The dirty whitecloaks that he was in charge of during the two rivers purge stay with him after the White cloak army has been dispatched. He leaves them in Caemlyn, because he cannot take an group  of whitecloaks with him to Tar Valon. It is this group of whitecloaks that later attacks Rand in Caemlyn shooting crossbows ect from the roofs, as i recall they were found and looked haggard and dirty, Fains mark.

wot encyclopedia In Caemlyn, Fain sends some of his Whitecloaks to attack Rand as a test of his defenses. (LoC,Ch26)

I'm re-reading TSR and here is what bugging me now. The taint on saidin was a result of male chanelers touching the DO. but what about the time when Lanfear and another male AS (don't remember his name) unsealed DO. no taint. i find it weird. i know that the issue was some what discussed when it comes to taint and the whole LTT raving about how women doomed the effort by not joining the 100 companions, but is this (the whole boring into DO prison) is the first indication that male and female channeling together protects the sources. It might be nothing, but at this point I'm just literally going through the whole book and pointing out even all the small stuff (Example: Mat is looking at the door in Finn land and finds it to be familiar. familiar to what???) any way, i think i need to stop reading this threat bc it's driving me crazy.

I don't think Lanfear touched the Dark One.. I'm pretty sure she only ripped a hole in the fabric of the air unsealing him.

He said it in the Budapest interview in 1995.;)

2003, dork.   ::) :P

Edit:  ooh, I just noticed your post count is higher than mine!

That's what I get for posting a number off the top of my head.  You are right of course, its 2003.

Unlike TL where you have a significant lead, I have more here.  

Terez, Davian, play nice.

Sorry...What'd I do?

On the sealing and Callandor: I tend to think that Min and Caddy are mistaken in the "3 become 1 with the blade of light" prophecy.  I think the "3 become 1" is more a reference to the 3 ta'veren, not a women led circle using Callandor.  There have been so many references to the 3 ta'veren being critical to the victory of the Light (from both the Light and Shadow prophecies) that it just seems that would be the case.

Sorry...What'd I do?

On the sealing and Callandor: I tend to think that Min and Caddy are mistaken in the "3 become 1 with the blade of light" prophecy.  I think the "3 become 1" is more a reference to the 3 ta'veren, not a women led circle using Callandor.  There have been so many references to the 3 ta'veren being critical to the victory of the Light (from both the Light and Shadow prophecies) that it just seems that would be the case.

I think the three ta'veren will be critical, but not in that way.. I think having three ta'veren at the Bore will alter chance enough to give Rand a shot at winning or something like that.

Crackbrained theory incoming, and forgive me if this has already been mentioned and I missed it.

What if this big unnoticed thing has something to do with the Aes Sedai's Warder Bond?

We know that it's something that's been going on and happening for a long time, long enough that, as evidenced in the first book, the most average commoner who knows nothing about AS knows that they can channel, they can't lie, and that they have Warders.  It's been going on long enough that to the average person, it's one of the most basic things that people know about AS.

We also have a reference somewhere that this isn't something that was known about in the Age of Legends.  One of the Forsaken in one of the books is commenting about some of the things that the AS are doing nowadays that weren't known in the AoL, one of them being "that peculiar bond between them and their warders.

It was somewhere in books 4-6 (I think it was book 6) that Rand was bonded by Alanna as her warder.  But we haven't seen Rand have a lot of the effects that are usually attested to Warders when they get bonded, the enhanced strength, endurance, and reflexes. I don't remember any remarks about Rand noticing these things after getting bonded, or anything other than the ability to constantly feel the emotions and general locations of Alanna and the Wonder Triplets.

The fact that Rand saw Moridin's face briefly right before he first channeled the saa power definately indicates that his connection with Moridin has something to do with it, but what if it has something to do with that bond as well or instead?  We know that if an AS dies, their warder goes into an uncontrolled and unexplained berserk rage, and when Rand snapped and first channeled the saa, it was a hair's breadth before one of the people he was bonded to died.  Perhaps the reason that the warders snap is the bond somehow exposes them to the Saa, and immediately drives them insane because they lack the ability to channel and deal with it?  We haven't seen what happens to a bonded channeler when the person who bonded them dies (closest we've seen was the battle at the end of Winter's Heart, but even in that case it was the bondee who died in that pair, not the bonder).  Could it be that two channelers bonded together in this way somehow be a back door to accessing the True Power?

Or even if this bond has absolutely nothing to do with the True Power or anything like that, could the warder bonds, which have been going on for a long time but didn't really come into play until Rand was bonded in books 4-6, somehow be this big unnoticed thing that this thread is discussing?

But we haven't seen Rand have a lot of the effects that are usually attested to Warders when they get bonded, the enhanced strength, endurance, and reflexes. I don't remember any remarks about Rand noticing these things after getting bonded, or anything other than the ability to constantly feel the emotions and general locations of Alanna and the Wonder Triplets.

I think we've seen plenty of evidence of the increased endurance.  Consider that he has been pushing himself at a brutal pace for a couple years now all the while dealing with wounds that should be disabling (remember Avi and Min's reactions to his wounds after their bonding).  There's plenty of evidence if you choose to see it.

I dont know about that, wasnt one of the aids of the warder bond being able to detect  shadow spawn?, yet in Crossroads of Twighlight theres a few thousand right outside and he doesn't really notice them until he sees them, thats always bothered me, but the strength and endurance is definatly there.

I suppose yes, the evidence is there that he has this enhanced strength and endurance.  I'm just saying, that it's never really pointed out in the book.  After Bryne is bonded by Suian in TGS, he immediately comments about how much stronger and better he's feeling, that he could take on ten men at once, or something like that.  When Rand was bonded, from his point of view, nothing like that was ever really pointed out, all he really notices is that he can feel Alanna's presence.

With Bryne, there was an immediate, noticable difference, but with Rand, this immediate difference was lacking.  Maybe he was just so ticked off at being bonded against his will that he didn't notice it, but this contrast does stand out in my mind.

I suppose yes, the evidence is there that he has this enhanced strength and endurance.  I'm just saying, that it's never really pointed out in the book.  After Bryne is bonded by Suian in TGS, he immediately comments about how much stronger and better he's feeling, that he could take on ten men at once, or something like that.  When Rand was bonded, from his point of view, nothing like that was ever really pointed out, all he really notices is that he can feel Alanna's presence.

With Bryne, there was an immediate, noticable difference, but with Rand, this immediate difference was lacking.  Maybe he was just so ticked off at being bonded against his will that he didn't notice it, but this contrast does stand out in my mind.

Could just be the difference in writing style between RJ and BS.

Sorry...What'd I do?

Terez disagreed with someone forcefully, and you backed it up with a 'yeah, pwned' comment. Have your opinions, be confident in them--but don't dismiss or denegrate your opponants.

Archived