DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue, Chap. 1-50, Epilogue

JenniferL

I think that comes with Perrin meeting up with Galad and the Whitecloaks, we only see that this happens from Rand and the colours; I'm guessing we find out the full story next book.

It just sounds off, doesnt it? Like he left out a few Perrin Chapters.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that comes with Perrin meeting up with Galad and the Whitecloaks, we only see that this happens from Rand and the colours; I'm guessing we find out the full story next book.

It just sounds off, doesnt it? Like he left out a few Perrin Chapters.

I'm not sure there was any room for it; lets not forget that initially there was only going to be one book not three and its not the first time that different characters threads have been at different times at the end of a book, I also think that they are meant as teasers allowing us small glimpses of things that will happen but not sure how they will play out yet; almost like min's viewings.

I also think that they are meant as teasers allowing us small glimpses of things that will happen but not sure how they will play out yet; almost like min's viewings.

I think that when Tam first arrives with Rand backs this up as he starts to tell but is cut off before any more than teasers are revealed.

Hello all, first post.  Finally got around to registering :)  Finished reading the book yesterday and overall I liked it.  There were, in my opinion, issues.  But I could overlook most of them pretty easily.

What I liked:

Finally some resolution on Verin!  I don't necessarily LIKE the resolution, but it was kind of cool.

Resolution of the White Tower split.  Very good to have that done with.

At least one more Foresaken bites the dust permanently.

Finally some interaction between Rand and Tuon.

Elaida collared :)

What I didn't like:

I don't think Brandon quite captured Matt or Aviendha's voice.  They weren't themselves.

The whole resetting village thing.  That was just pointless.

I thought they made Rand go a bit too far.

The sheer number of Black Ajah.  By far my biggest pet peeve!  We keep getting told how few Aes Sedia there are and something like 1/4 of them were Black Ajah!!! Come on.  They way overdid that.

Perrin and Faile... that was just kind of weird.  Having her kill Maseema was just odd.

I assume the next book will follow Perrin and Matt since we kept getting hints of what they were up to but not a lot of info.  I assume at the end of TGS Rand and company are now several weeks "ahead" of where we last saw them.  So the whole toss-out about Morgase I hope isn't just left like that.  Overall I liked the book.  I do think it could have been pared down some, which makes me wonder if we REALLY need 2 more after this.  

Great [Don't swear. PG-13.] book. One of my favourite books in the series so far.

Couple of things: 1) I don't think Graendal is dead. I'll not be disappointed if she is though, just b/c that scene where he balefired the shit out of her hiding place was great. Really showed how little he cared, how far Rand had descended. Still I think she's too smart to stay, so she may still be alive.

2) Gawynnnnn or yawn?: He was kind of irritating, his chapters were rather blah. Still a minor complaint. I liked the few Perrin/Mat chapters we had, I heard a few people say they weren't needed, but for me they were a nice way to escape Rand/Egwene for a little while and were welcomed.

3) Verin = OMFGWAT. That was the biggest shock of the book. AMAZING. Really well done.

4) Imma go read it again now, finished it last night @ 2am, so yeh time to re-read.

Overall a very very enjoyable and good book, couple of minor things. Mat felt off but I grew more used to him as the book went on, it's not a big deal and some changes can be expected. Aviendha's story was..obvious from the word go. I mean I think pretty much anyone reading would have guessed, it just seemed a tad pointless.

Still at least there was no Elayne ;)

What I didn't like:

I don't think Brandon quite captured Matt or Aviendha's voice.  They weren't themselves.

All the Aiel sounded off. And the maidens just disappear.

Eladia lost a lot of her depth. She just became that wicked stepmother.

Alot of secondary characters we not handled well either.

I dunno man usually we find out this type of revelation directly through a POV not indirectly through Tam or Rand seeing Perrin meeting with Galad. It just feels off.

I get what you mean it was certainly different, but RJ had also been increasing the detail in some of those visions, as if building them up for some sort of spoiler release to leave us guessing; I may be wrong and it may be BS deciding it was a good way to release some information. I just want to find out now how they met up and how it all unfolded. I NEED the next two books now; I can't help it I'm an addict!

All the Aiel sounded off. And the maidens just disappear.

Eladia lost a lot of her depth. She just became that wicked stepmother.

Alot of secondary characters we not handled well either.

Yep, I would agree with that.  None of the Aiel were particularly on voice, and frankly became almost an afterthought.  Pity.

hello, i usually just lurk and never post but i just finished and i'm too excited not too :D

I was thinking about Rand sealing the bore and this line occured to me, "he shall hold a blade of light in his hands and the three shall be as one.".

I was curious if anyone else thought this was Saidin, Saidar and the Dark Ones power as the three things that are to be as one, being used together to seal up the dark one.

yep i most certainly do, see my theory a couple of posts above yours  ;D

I'd not be terribly upset if we don't get too much detail on Galad/Morgase meeting up. I think the visions work well as a plot device to keep us informed of the other characters. So yeh, it will probably be in the next books, but it's not something I'm overly bothered about.

As for the clue re: ASMODEAN, didn't catch anything myself.

I dunno man usually we find out this type of revelation directly through a POV not indirectly through Tam or Rand seeing Perrin meeting with Galad. It just feels off.

I get what you mean it was certainly different, but RJ had also been increasing the detail in some of those visions, as if building them up for some sort of spoiler release to leave us guessing; I may be wrong and it may be BS deciding it was a good way to release some information. I just want to find out now how they met up and how it all unfolded. I NEED the next two books now; I can't help it I'm an addict!

I had hoped that the Tower of Ghenji(sp?) arc would get finished up, but Mat just sat there for the most part. That was a disappointment.

:( I haven't read the book yet (it's on it's way) but I was afraid that Brandon wouldn't get the subtlety of Mat's charcter and voice. There was a very specific thing about him without it being really tangible :( and the Aiel too? :'( that's a dog honest shame!

One more pet peeve :)  He made such a huge deal out of the Red Knives and then they were kind of... lame.  We only saw one of them, and he didn't seem to do much besides fulfill Min's viewing.

I'm tempted to think that one or more of them will pop up in the next book; it repeatedly stressed that they were to be left behind in the tower; what we don't know is their shelf life before death, but from what I gather in the epilogue not that much time has passed.

just finished reading..enjoyed it..felt a bit rushed(more to do with Sandersons story pacing)..miss RJs maiden banter as mentioned before..but quick Q&A...is the "she" mentioned in the dragonmount who he wants to live gain Ilyana..and does Rand get all of LTT's memories as well as his previous incarnations?

hello, i usually just lurk and never post but i just finished and i'm too excited not too :D

I was thinking about Rand sealing the bore and this line occured to me, "he shall hold a blade of light in his hands and the three shall be as one.".

I was curious if anyone else thought this was Saidin, Saidar and the Dark Ones power as the three things that are to be as one, being used together to seal up the dark one.

yep i most certainly do, see my theory a couple of posts above yours  ;D

Thanks, i read your theory and its pretty much what i was thinking, tho i favored the using the TP as a buffer to touch the dark one so that the other powers were safe.

You are a most intelligent individual ;)

I think the Perrin/Galad thing is understandable considering he has to leave some climactic events for the end of the next book.  Originally this was designed to be one massive tome leading us to the Last Battle.  I can't really fault his decisions on where to break it up considering the impossibility of following storylines with Rand, Mat, Perrin, Egwene, Elayne, Nynaeve, and Lan and having a climax in each of these in each book.  Jordan himself did something similar when he was forced to break book 10 into halves.

Just enjoy the Egwene storyline and we'll get more of Mat and Perrin next book.

We know Cadsuane has a ter'angrel that interrupts weaves - and we know it's like Matt's:

For kcf, one of Cadsuane’s ornaments is a ter’angreal that can interfere with weaves.  That is how she was able to disrupt Semirhage’s use of Illusion.

So, in theory, could it be used to uncover Mesaana? I'm sure there has to be more of a point to it than just stopping ppl channeling at Matt?

BTW, thought on Mesaana and the Oath Rod test.  If I'm remembering correctly from TGH, Rand asks Lanfear if she is a darkfriend and she's insulted by the question.  If the forsaken consider themselves a completely seperate group from those lowly darkfriends, Mesaana can swear on the Oath Rod and say "I am not a darkfriend."  I think she's someone who passed the test and is still in the tower.

Loved the book, and i was pleased  to see one of my  predictions i  posted on theoryland came true that Egwene made silviana  her keeper :) Egwenes arc in this book was brilliant as was Rands even if it was  a bit  disturbing.

some of the aes sedais personalitys seemed off min seemed off Nynaeve seemed off Mat seemed off and some of it seemed rushed but  that is probably because of Im so used to  so much of the back shadowing  RJ gave his books. all that being said  i read the  book in record time, did not skip over  parts like i  was prone to  do in previous books  and  was completly engrossed job well done.

Ok, well i've had a day to digest the book, and I have some serious Questions after that.

1) The Essanik Cycle. Tuon mentioned it during her meeting with Rand. It sounded like their version of The Karaethon Cycle, but we know that the Seanchan still call it the Karaethon Cycle from previous encounters with them. So perhaps this is a new set of prophecies? If not it's a bit of a slip.

2) When Rand channels through the Choedan Kal to Balefire the palace, the Access Key is said to glow with a red light. A reaction to the fact Rand can also channel the TP now? Or more a reflection of his state of mind at the time?

3) The Darkness around Rand. It seems to me that it was caused by Rands touching of the TP. Indeed when we've seen the True Power used before, there was described a dimming / sucking of the light. But it seemed like the halo was around Rand all the time, rather than only when he was actually channeling.

I dare say i'll think up more questions, but still a rollercoaster of a book. (You can quote me on that ;) )

Ok, well i've had a day to digest the book, and I have some serious Questions after that.

1) The Essanik Cycle. Tuon mentioned it during her meeting with Rand. It sounded like their version of The Karaethon Cycle, but we know that the Seanchan still call it the Karaethon Cycle from previous encounters with them. So perhaps this is a new set of prophecies? If not it's a bit of a slip.

2) When Rand channels through the Choedan Kal to Balefire the palace, the Access Key is said to glow with a red light. A reaction to the fact Rand can also channel the TP now? Or more a reflection of his state of mind at the time?

3) The Darkness around Rand. It seems to me that it was caused by Rands touching of the TP. Indeed when we've seen the True Power used before, there was described a dimming / sucking of the light. But it seemed like the halo was around Rand all the time, rather than only when he was actually channeling.

I dare say i'll think up more questions, but still a rollercoaster of a book. (You can quote me on that ;) )

1. We know for a fact the Seanchan have some different prophecies to the mainland versions (such as TDR having to kneel before the crystal throne) it seems logical that they may have a seperate name for them.

2. I have no idea.

3. Not sure but I think it is probably just him becoming less that human (initially started by using TP) I also think this was why the ta'vern effects in Bandar Eban went out of balance and only had evil.

just finished it.

a few things,

the shiekh is sad that we would never see semirhage again. I loved her POV.

I also wished that Hammar killed that fool gawyn. What a hypocrite. stops rebels from freeing siuan and yet willingly goes to assist egwene. i hope someday padan fain stabs him in the heart with his dagger

Verin wow!

hahaha at elaida. that seanchan battle was awesome by the way.

the coedan kal destroyed... what a waste.

and finally egwene my girl came good!!

Archived