DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Logain's Glory & Power to come

mb

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many thing to talk about in just one thread! Where to start.....

Taim, darkfriend or not. I'm not 100% sold on this. I know most of the evidence would seem so say that he's a darkfriend but it is all circumstantial. I have been thinking that it may well be a similar sort of thing to when Asmodean gives Couladin the dragons on his arms, not because Couladin was a darkfriend but because it would cause chaos! Now consider the forsaken meeting in the prologue of FoH. Lanfear says that Rahvin, Sammael, and Graendal have all carved out power bases in the various nations of randland where as Moggie and Demandred haven’t (preferring to work from the shadows) What if, in a similar way to Asmodean and Couladin Demandred has managed to provide Taim with certain bits of knowledge by leave a manuscript where Taim can find it or disguising himself as someone to bump in to and leave clues with Taim, even compulsion could perhaps be used to teach not because Taim is a darkfriend but because he is an ambitious, ruthless power hungry arse who will cause chaos in his own attempt to grab power? Not saying its right but I like it.

Also back to the original topic of the thread Logain. In the first chapter of FoH (can you tell I'm re reading this book at the moment?) Min has one of her viewings with the blue/gold halo which I hadn't seen mentioned so far (apologies if someone did) but she knows it will mean "Glory to come, perhaps above all other men" from that and the other things that have all ready been mentioned earlier in the thread that I think once the Last Battle is done whatever coalition has been put together will stay together and he will be appointed as the "First among Servants" or whatever equivalent they come up with as a title for the leader of the Randland UN.

I do have other points to make but I'm pacing myself!!!

I've re-read up to the 9th book, and i've forgotten most of the 10th and eleventh, so this might be off base... not directly related to Logain..

Anyway, i've got the feeling that Taim was working under the orders of rand all along... sending 'darkfriend Asha'Man' to kill rand in the one place that they wouldn't have an advantage over rand? Taim also mentions dashiva by name, and rand keeps him close after that... Rand also never bats an eye when he hears the two Renegade Asha'Man  talk about Killing Rand on the orders of the M'Hael..

Now this might be pure ignorance of the last 2 books... but is the male A'dam still in Seanchan hands? that might make rand bow to the Chrystal Throne...

I believe that Logain destroys the black tower (as Elaida foretold), and he and Egwene make the White Tower 'whole' by uniting Asha'Man and Aes Sedai...

Random thoughts by me that are already most likely Proven... =]

Oh, and rand probly goes insane, Logain kills him, yay! :)

Now this might be pure ignorance of the last 2 books... but is the male A'dam still in Seanchan hands? that might make rand bow to the Chrystal Throne...
Rand will not bow to the Crystal Throne. It's on the wrong continent, for one thing. And the Seanchan had male a'dam at the meeting with Semi, so unless the brought all the ones they had and everyone that knew how to make them, they still have them.

Rand will not bow to the Crystal Throne. It's on the wrong continent, for one thing. And the Seanchan had male a'dam at the meeting with Semi, so unless the brought all the ones they had and everyone that knew how to make them, they still have them.

You dont have to be in somethings presence to bow to it, Muslims bow to the Qur'an daily, correct?

Maybe that was RJ's intent? :P

You dont have to be in somethings presence to bow to it, Muslims bow to the Qur'an daily, correct?
I don't know about that, but they do face towards Mecca when they pray. Bowing towards the Koran would actually be easy, as it's not hard to get your hands on a copy.

Maybe RJ's intent was that he wouldn't bow, or kneel, because that Prophecy is fake and Rand is not the kneeling sort.

I don't know about that, but they do face towards Mecca when they pray. Bowing towards the Koran would actually be easy, as it's not hard to get your hands on a copy.

Maybe RJ's intent was that he wouldn't bow, or kneel, because that Prophecy is fake and Rand is not the kneeling sort.

ugh my history classes are vague at best, i thought they bow'd to mecca because the original documents were there..?

prophesy is fake? something i missed in the nxt 2 books i guess.. if not, thats what the A'dam is for, lol :P im going on no sleep atm, plus i havent finished re-reading the books, so im gonna miss a couple things

Edit:

google tells me they bow to mecca because it signifies unity of religion, and the Koran tells them so. My mistake, point may stand tho

Ishamael corrupted the Seanchan prophecies of the dragon.

does it specifically state the chrystal throne part?
Yes, we are clearly told this is not a part of the "corrupted" Westlands Prophecies, which were also in Seanchan before Luthair's version wiped it out.

Ishamael corrupted the Seanchan prophecies of the dragon.

does it specifically state the chrystal throne part?
Yes, we are clearly told this is not a part of the "corrupted" Westlands Prophecies, which were also in Seanchan before Luthair's version wiped it out.

how does ishmael come into this? it doesnt seem plausible..

'scuse my ignorance.

how does ishmael come into this?
He was Hawkwing's advisor, he turned him against the AS, he encouraged him to send Luthair over the Aryth to "seal two dooms", he corrupted the Prophecies Luthair took with him, which replaced the uncorrupted versions in the Seanchan mainland.

how does ishmael come into this?
He was Hawkwing's advisor, he turned him against the AS, he encouraged him to send Luthair over the Aryth to "seal two dooms", he corrupted the Prophecies Luthair took with him, which replaced the uncorrupted versions in the Seanchan mainland.

i see =]

Anyway, i've got the feeling that Taim was working under the orders of rand all along... sending 'darkfriend Asha'Man' to kill rand in the one place that they wouldn't have an advantage over rand?

Taim did not send them to Far Madding.  He ordered them to kill Rand, and they took a shot and missed in Cairhien.  After that, the kill order from Taim was still in affect, and Rand left a trail of clues that led to Far Madding.  Rand lured them there.

• 5 months later...

i believe logains glory will be defeating moridin, the Nae'blis

Min has a viewing of him stepping over rand's body...with the way that moridin and rand are becoming similar, perhaps it is that Min saw what esentially was rand in moridins body (they have become so similar by the time this scene will occur that min could barely tell them aprt).

and we know that rand cannot be killed at the hands of logain...he is not the drk one :S

There is no doubt that the big "L" will be a king. I think he will be the one to kill Taim and help Rand in

some way at the last battle. After Rand kills the Dark One, Rand will give Logain one of if not all or some of the cities to rule and keep order. Because lets face it Rand does not want to rule anywhere(if he survives!)

He'll take his "Charlies Angels" and go live on some lavish farm and give Tam a litter full of grandchildren.

I always thought that once the BT was destroyed, as the Foretelling says it will be rent with blood and fire, that the Ashaman would move into Eladias Tower. I mean they have a half built tower right next to the white tower already, just seems too convienent

I have a bad feeling that Rand is going to die in the Last Battle and that Logain is going to have to step in and finish the job. Maybe Logain will even do something to bring Rand back to life. Who knows?

I'm pretty sure the Black Tower is going to get demolished in a battle between Logain and Taim. But after that, Logain and the other male channelers loyal to Rand will become Aes Saedi.

Or it may be the other way around. Maybe Logain and his followers will conclude that all the Asha'man at the Black Tower are loyal to Taim and petition Egwane for acceptance into the White Tower. So the White Tower, with both male and female Aes Saedi, will fight the Black Tower.

It would be interesting to see how the ajahs would work out. Would the men start a new ajah (probably couldn't get away with calling it black) or join existing ajahs that coincide with their interests? I would think the latter, but who knows if that's even the direction the story would go?

Tamyrlin was the name of the first person to channel the one power, they also appear to have owned s ring which became a symbol of office for the First Amongst The Servants. "Tamyrlin" eventually lost its meaning and was distorted into Amyrlin.

Did I miss this somewhere in the books? I remember the prologue to tEotW where Ishy taunts LTT, saying that he once wore the ring of the Tamyrlin and summoned the nine rods of dominion but I don't remember the Tamyrlin being mentioned anywhere else. And are there any theories on what the nine rods of dominion were? The oath rods just don't fit since the Forsaken call hem binding rods.

Tamyrlin was the name of the first person to channel the one power, they also appear to have owned s ring which became a symbol of office for the First Amongst The Servants. "Tamyrlin" eventually lost its meaning and was distorted into Amyrlin.

Did I miss this somewhere in the books? I remember the prologue to tEotW where Ishy taunts LTT, saying that he once wore the ring of the Tamyrlin and summoned the nine rods of dominion but I don't remember the Tamyrlin being mentioned anywhere else. And are there any theories on what the nine rods of dominion were? The oath rods just don't fit since the Forsaken call hem binding rods.

The extra information about Tamyrlin can be found in the glossary of the YA versions of TEOTW, iirc.

The rods of dominion where titles, given to regional governors.

The Oath rods were called binders in the AOL, they were used to bind channelers who commited crimes, making it impossible for them to repeat the crimes. Semirhage came very close to being bound, before she found a new team to play for.

Archived