DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Logain's Glory & Power to come

mb

Min had this viewing 4 times (Shadow Rising Chapters 17 & 47, Crossroads of Twilight Chapter 24, Knife of Dreams Chapter 18).

Only this viewing has been repeated.  So it must have been really important to the Pattern.  (Generally things repeated have big significance.)

From Egwene's dream (Crown of Swords Chapter 10), it probably relates to the Black Tower.

This thread is to talk about what Logain's Glory & Power would be and also methods of how he could gain it.

The most likely possibility would be taking over Taim's position which he might gain by killing Taim (intentionally or unintentionally) or by finding Taim's body (and maybe finding the killer) or by a disappearance of Taim.

Other possibilities that would be less likely:

-Logain regain his Ghealdan lands and titles (with either a move of the Black Tower or with starting of a branch of the Black Tower).

-Logain becoming king of some country (with same kind of happening as with Ghealdan).

-Logain fathering children likely through his warders (and raising them at the Black Tower).  Maybe also seeing his grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and more descendants.

-Help get rid of or capture the Forsaken (afterward being rewarded with some Black Tower title).

-Help some main character in some significant way.  (Black Tower rank with this also.)

-Play a significant role in Tarmon Gai'don.  (This also meaning a Black Tower rank.)

These are all I have right now.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really really really really don't like Perrin. He's all like I'm so emo, my eyes are yellow and I might turn into a wolf.

lol

As for the topic, none of those 'other options' really seem very glorious to me. The glory Min speaks of seems to apply directly to all the peoples of Randland, or atleast the important ones.

If I was a gambler, I'd bet a large sum on Logain becoming the new head of the Black Tower and negotiating a peace or melding of the two towers with Egwene.

I always wondered what they would call it in the event that that happened. The Black and White Tower? The Gray Tower? The Tower? The Tower seems the best, but it is quite vague. If you were in Cairhein and you said you were going to Thee Tower, they might just think you were going to the topless towers or something. The only people who call the white tower "the tower" are Aes Sedai... Should be interesting to see what it is called assuming that does happen, which I think is logical considering the ancient symbol for Aes Sedai, and if it is actually put into the book.

If both towers are destroyed in the coming book it would leave room for one tower to be built with both halves of the true source. It would certainly make a good beginning to a new age, a symbol for the next few thousand years and likely an instant dispelling of fear for male channelers. So "the Tower" could work, or simply Tar Valon if they don't want to be creative after all that.

If both towers are destroyed in the coming book it would leave room for one tower to be built with both halves of the true source. It would certainly make a good beginning to a new age, a symbol for the next few thousand years and likely an instant dispelling of fear for male channelers. So "the Tower" could work, or simply Tar Valon if they don't want to be creative after all that.

Well it won't take much to destroy the Black Tower... it's a few piles of stones and a half built wall. lol. I personally could see the Black Tower being torn apart by Taim vs. Logain and the White Tower getting destroyed by the Seanchan, which would allow for a Gray Tower to be built in Tar Valon.

From the Min's viewings FAQ at wotmania:

Logain

But she had never before seen a flaring halo around his [Logain's] head, radiant in blue and gold. . . . All that remained for him was the despair of the gentled. . . . So why had he worn a halo that shouted of glory and power to come? This was something she had to tell the Amyrlin.

-The Shadow Rising, Deceptions

Suddenly, for a moment, that flaring halo of gold and blue shone about his head, speaking of glory to come as surely as it had the first time she had seen it.

-The Shadow Rising, The Truth of a Viewing

The halo of greatness, blue and gold, flickered fitfully around Logain’s head, though he rode slumped in his saddle…Day by day Logain’s shoulders had sagged a little more, and day by day the halo appeared more often…Logain was destined for glory such as few men dreamed of.

-The Fires of Heaven, Sallie Daera

“Logain’s aura still speaks of glory, stronger than ever. Maybe he thinks he’s the real Dragon Reborn."

-Crossroads of Twilight, A Strengthening Storm

Min still saw an aura of glory around him.

- Knife of Dreams, News for the Dragon

There is no mystery here as to the meaning of these viewings, but the nature of its fulfilment is a mystery and is highly anticipated by readers. The most popular speculation is that Logain will be the one to take over the Black Tower in some sort of conflict after Taim is discovered to be a Darkfriend.

The viewings become stronger (and the glory greater) as the event approaches. Min even told Logain of her viewing to give him encouragement.

Berelain

“Well, she’ll [berelain] be snubbed up sooner or later. I saw nothing of any use to you. Just a man in white who will make her fall head over heels. Some women have no shame at all!

-Lord of Chaos, Thorns

This has not been fulfilled. The man in white may be a gai’shain, someone in mourning, or a Whitecloak (eg Galad). Whoever he is, Berelain will exert herself considerably to try and win him.

Mayenes banner is a golden hawk on a field of Blue. Fringed in gold.

Or it could be that Logain is remembered as the Dragon in the next age instead of Rand. The excerpts from the fourth age in the books never refer to Rand in name, only as the Dragon.

Thom suggests that (can't remember where) maybe Rand won't be the hero, maybe he himself would be the hero. Min also always says throughout the books that Logain's glory is too come, in fact she's been saying it since the Shadow Rising  (but we don't see the prophecy fulfilled). So it could be interpreted that way.

Its an outlandish theory based on assumptions but still slightly plausible.  ;) 

I'm pretty sure it's going to be him facing down taim. The books have been building to it. The Logain faction vs the darkfriend Taim faction will be good. There will be epic destruction. Awesome.

I am not yet convinced of Taim being a darkfriend.  Mainly because we have not been told his intentions.  Also because the most any light-sided character says about Taim is that he is very dangerous which does not necessarily make him a darkfriend.  Also because the Forsaken neither give any opinion of him nor seem to know of any order he gave.

As for Taim and Logain fighting, I think Taim would first provoke Logain some way.

does a name matter?
What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But names can be important. If they called it the Hall of Good Women and Evil Men Who Are Going To Go Insane and Kill Us All!!!, it doesn't really give the impression of a serious organisation planning to go forward in a spirit of co-operation.
although if logain is going to have any glory, it might be an indication that the one power will not be sealed off after the last battle.
Well, glory has (believe it or not) been achieved by those who can't channel. And he could achieve his glory before it goes.

Given that the Viewing also relates to Logain having power, I think that reduces the chance of his glory being preceded by a going out in a blaze of.

I think Logain will expose Taim, and drive him out of the Tower in a battle that will be fierce... but i don't think he'll kill him. At least not in that first battle. The Shadow has to few channelers to lose so many so early in aMoL and i think the breaking of the black tower must happen early.

Long run, i definately see Logain heading the Black Tower after Taim is gone. This will be his glory.

From the Min's viewings FAQ at wotmania:

Logain

But she had never before seen a flaring halo around his [Logain's] head, radiant in blue and gold. . . . All that remained for him was the despair of the gentled. . . . So why had he worn a halo that shouted of glory and power to come? This was something she had to tell the Amyrlin.

-The Shadow Rising, Deceptions

Suddenly, for a moment, that flaring halo of gold and blue shone about his head, speaking of glory to come as surely as it had the first time she had seen it.

-The Shadow Rising, The Truth of a Viewing

The halo of greatness, blue and gold, flickered fitfully around Logain’s head, though he rode slumped in his saddle…Day by day Logain’s shoulders had sagged a little more, and day by day the halo appeared more often…Logain was destined for glory such as few men dreamed of.

-The Fires of Heaven, Sallie Daera

“Logain’s aura still speaks of glory, stronger than ever. Maybe he thinks he’s the real Dragon Reborn."

-Crossroads of Twilight, A Strengthening Storm

Min still saw an aura of glory around him.

- Knife of Dreams, News for the Dragon

There is no mystery here as to the meaning of these viewings, but the nature of its fulfilment is a mystery and is highly anticipated by readers. The most popular speculation is that Logain will be the one to take over the Black Tower in some sort of conflict after Taim is discovered to be a Darkfriend.

The viewings become stronger (and the glory greater) as the event approaches. Min even told Logain of her viewing to give him encouragement.

Berelain

“Well, she’ll [berelain] be snubbed up sooner or later. I saw nothing of any use to you. Just a man in white who will make her fall head over heels. Some women have no shame at all!

-Lord of Chaos, Thorns

This has not been fulfilled. The man in white may be a gai’shain, someone in mourning, or a Whitecloak (eg Galad). Whoever he is, Berelain will exert herself considerably to try and win him.

Mayenes banner is a golden hawk on a field of Blue. Fringed in gold.

Logain's house sigil is 3 golden crowns on a field of blue.

I think he might have adopted that part after being told by Min. Either both colors and the rest, or just the colors. Another possibility is that the Wheel is "considering" his fate so important for the pattern, that his sigil will be connected to his future wife's because of that alone. Kind of like Mat and Tuon.

I reckon Demandred will impersonate Rand at the Black Tower and Logain will unveil and then kill Demandred, this will lead to the factions battling and Logain "cleansing" the Black Tower of Darkfriends. But, I think Taim will flee and be killed by someone else.

I think he might have adopted that part after being told by Min. Either both colors and the rest, or just the colors. Another possibility is that the Wheel is "considering" his fate so important for the pattern, that his sigil will be connected to his future wife's because of that alone. Kind of like Mat and Tuon.

Wasnt Logain a noble before he was captured? I think he did pick up hes old family weapon again (yo can read about it in KoD before the big Trolloc fight)

3 golden crowns on a blue circle = Swedens weapon "tre kronor" ^^

Wasnt Logain a noble before he was captured? I think he did pick up hes old family weapon again (yo can read about it in KoD before the big Trolloc fight)

3 golden crowns on a blue circle = Swedens weapon "tre kronor" ^^

Yes, he was a (minor) noble before being stripped of title and estate. It could be his old weapon. I just thought it would be a cool twist to the story if those two turned out to be part of each others viewings that way. Nothing says that it has to be so.

I'm only reading CoT right now (page 600 and really pumped and dissapointed to see how the series ends) so I don't know whats happening with the Tower and Egwene at the end of KoD so please feel free to discredit me as you see fit  :P

As someone touched on before, regarding the White and Black Towers coming together (completely agree with the one comment about the Hall of Servants, good call), what about the Tamyrlin?

Archived