DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your Favorite Villain, and Why....

Samudor

Who is your favorite villain, and why?

Right now, my favorite is actually Padan Fain. He always manages to be a step ahead, and he has no One Power to use to give him the edge. He uses cunning and guile, and he is driven by a hatred of the world that has been twisted and honed to a lethal weapon. I look forward to the impact he's going to make on Tarmon Gaidon.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asmodean and Semirhage. By and far the most effective of the Chosen, causing more chaos each with one act - Asmo giving Couladin the fake dragons and Semi wiping out the Imperial family - than all the others combined.

Asmo is a very interesting character once we interact with him and get inside his head, a self-professed coward ready to kill himself before letting his former master get His hands on him.

Semi on the other hand has massive brass balls. "I am Semirhage" - what a line; her being the ultimate sadist also intrigues me.

I am torn between Ishmael and Padan Fain. They are, in my opinion, the leat cartoony of RJ's villains. Moradin/Ishmael is really cool with his dream sequences and insanity. Padan Fain has one of the best lines in the books "It's never over Al'Thor." That line send chills down my spine and echos in my head. To me it represents to series very well, the endless struggle against evil. I also like the Myradraal nailing and Mordeth possesion. It provides a good counterpoint to Moradin's simaler, but different form of insanity.

Who is your favorite villain, and why?

Right now, my favorite is actually Padan Fain. He always manages to be a step ahead, and he has no One Power to use to give him the edge. He uses cunning and guile, and he is driven by a hatred of the world that has been twisted and honed to a lethal weapon. I look forward to the impact he's going to make on Tarmon Gaidon.

Orginally  I would of said Lanfear, but since she bit the dust early on and stopped making an real appearnces in her new form I have to save Moradin/Ishmael.  He is one of the few interesting evil folks i nthe book we get some pov's from.  Semirhage would be a good choice, but again get so few looks at her in the books.

I think Fain will have a unique impact on Tarmon Gaidon since it is quite possible he might kill some the bad guys trying to kill Rand.  We have a couple of glimpses he will kill anyone who might cheat him out of the chance to kill Rand himself.  Killing the Asha'man after Rand and saying had his white claok assassins actually managed to harm Rand he would of killed them.

Asmodean and Semirhage. By and far the most effective of the Chosen, causing more chaos each with one act - Asmo giving Couladin the fake dragons and Semi wiping out the Imperial family - than all the others combined.

Sammael spread the Shaido everywhere and while not on a level with Semi's kill spreee or Asmo giving the Dragons (which kinda led to the Shaido doing what they're doing, so idk where I'm even going with this) it still created a good bit of chaos.

Sammy isn't my favorite though, my favorite is Slayer/Isam/Luc. He's kinda mysterious, and we don't know exactly how he came to be merged together; but he can pop out of nowhere and slit your throat in under a second which I find completely BA.

Have to mention Halima/Balthamel, also an excellent villain.

Taim, because he manages to be so in your face about it without admitting it.

Moridin, because he manipulates Rand and Rand doesnt even know who he is, because the Nae'blis is connected to the Dragon Reborn, and he is the only True Power we know about. Moridin and Rand have a good encounter building up I think.

Fain, because he is a loose cannon and his powers come from him being a unique creature. I hope he has mastered his abilities, or at least learned enough to show us a few nice tricks.

Demandred, the only Chosen in his original body, shrouded in mystery yet a commander of armies. Ive always believed he was behind Masema and the Dragonsworn; confirmation would be nice.

Semirhage. Its her time now I think, much as Lanfear had hers. I think Cadsuane is a match for her, at least I hope so. If Cadsuane broke Semirhage, it would prove Cadsuane to be well worth her almost legendary reputation.

In order to break someone who has any resistance at all, you need to know a bit of that person's background.  What is his/her emotional weak spot?

Unless Cadsuanne knows a bit more about Forsaken than the average Aes Sedai, I fail to see how she can break Semirhage by herself.

In order to break someone who has any resistance at all, you need to know a bit of that person's background.  What is his/her emotional weak spot?

Unless Cadsuanne knows a bit more about Forsaken than the average Aes Sedai, I fail to see how she can break Semirhage by herself.

Oh dear. Read my post again please Thor, and then look at your own. For one thing I said it would be good if Cadsuane did break Semirhage, not that she will do. Secondly I do not need to know Semirhages weak spot, because Im not the one trying to break her. And thirdly, just because Cadsuane doesnt know Semirhages weak spot already, it doesnt mean she cant find out. I think between them, Cadsuane and Sorilea could indeed break her, although I would like it if it was mostly Cadsuane, she deserves more on-screen thunder of her own. As for knowing Semirhages background, in the same scene she was captured in she told Cadsuane and co about Rands connection to Lews therin, that Rand knows things only Lews Therin could, so Cadsuane knows where she can get at least something. I think she could break Semirhage, but if Im honest I dont think its going to come about.

I don't think they can break Semirhage.  Well I should say I would be surprised if they could.  Could either really go to Semirhage's level to break someone?  Not to mention do you think Rand would allow them to use such methods on her, since she is a woman.

Oh dear. Read my post again please Thor, and then look at your own. For one thing I said it would be good if Cadsuane did break Semirhage, not that she will do. Secondly I do not need to know Semirhages weak spot, because Im not the one trying to break her. And thirdly, just because Cadsuane doesnt know Semirhages weak spot already, it doesnt mean she cant find out. I think between them, Cadsuane and Sorilea could indeed break her, although I would like it if it was mostly Cadsuane, she deserves more on-screen thunder of her own. As for knowing Semirhages background, in the same scene she was captured in she told Cadsuane and co about Rands connection to Lews therin, that Rand knows things only Lews Therin could, so Cadsuane knows where she can get at least something. I think she could break Semirhage, but if Im honest I dont think its going to come about.

i can only assume you don't speak english as first language, given your response.

In order to break someone who has any resistance at all, you need to know a bit of that person's background. What is his/her emotional weak spot?
What did Semi know of Cabriana's background when she began breaking her? What did she know of her emotional weak spots?

No, but it is simple common sense.
Really? According to who?

i can only assume you don't speak english as first language, given your response.

What makes you say that? My grammar is decent and the wording is as easy to understand as anyone elses. Oh wait, you said given my RESPONSE. Explain please, because I have just read your post and my response and I cant see anything wrong with it.

Dont take offense if people show that you are wrong Thor, we are all human. I myself have had some of my favorite theories smited, and I dont hold any grudges for it.

What makes you say that? My grammar is decent and the wording is as easy to understand as anyone elses. Oh wait, you said given my RESPONSE. Explain please, because I have just read your post and my response and I cant see anything wrong with it.

Dont take offense if people show that you are wrong Thor, we are all human. I myself have had some of my favorite theories smited, and I dont hold any grudges for it.

No, your response was the poor one.  You accused me of saying 'you' as in addressing you you, but if you have any idea about english language at all, you would know that 'you' means 'one'.

and it is common sense because i say it is, good luck breaking something without any weakness.

Does not common sense imply a degree of... well... commonality?

That you say it is makes it--would the word be individual sense, or personal opinion?

As for the actuality--weak or strong everyone has their breaking point. Thats a fact of human existence.

Not meaning to break this wonderful dissertation on torture, I just wanted to reply to the thread.... I always kinda liked Sammael. Hes just very simple in that he hates Lews Therin. No more no less, I knew where he stood, and what he would do. Asmodean's reason for joining the Shadow, to play music forever. I loved it since I'm a musician myself.

Archived