DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My 'Wheel of Time' progress

mb

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Now you can read Knife of Dreams, which I think is my favorite.

I think it's your favorite too.   :P

Ya think?  I'm really not sure.  Sometimes it's like Rand and his girls, I love em all the same...  ;)

I think it's your favorite too.   :P
I'm not convinced, I think Serenla is a closet Crossroads of Twilight fan.

I think it's your favorite too.   :P
I'm not convinced, I think Serenla is a closet Crossroads of Twilight fan.

Now why you gotta go and tell all my secrets?  :o

I also like CoT. Well...perhaps not at the time it came out but I like it a lot more reading it together with KoD. As the previous poster said, I also enjoyed the Mat and Egwene story line. That's saying something since I usually can't stand Egwene.

I also like CoT. Well...perhaps not at the time it came out but I like it a lot more reading it together with KoD. As the previous poster said, I also enjoyed the Mat and Egwene story line. That's saying something since I usually can't stand Egwene.

Egwene doesnt really do much for me until KOD.

Egwene doesnt really do much for me until KOD.

Because Egwene has more important things to do!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, what is the purpose for this thread?   ???

I'd think the combination of title and author would make it obvious.  mb is posting how far he is in reading WOT.  First time through, unless I'm mistaken.

Gotchya.  But, meaning no offense, as I've read some of MB's posts in other threads, I had an impression that he was a WOT expert and/or veteren.  My bad!  ::)

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Knife of Dreams Wednesday night.

I plan to buy the prologue with the 12th; the time I shop after after 12th's release.

The 13th I might buy with 1st Starscape version (From the Two Rivers) and 14th with 2nd Starscape version (To the Blight).

2nd prologue I might buy with 3rd Starscape version (The Hunt Begins) and 3rd prologue with 4th Starscape version (New Threads in the Pattern).

Yes, this has been my first time through; I have told that in a number of threads. I plan my first re-read after finishing the current prologue.

The main purpose of this thread is to tell how far I have read in this series.

The knowledge I had about Wheel of Time, that came from various sites before finishing Knife of Dreams; Encyclopaedia is the primary one.

• 4 months later...

Got Gathering Storm with New Spring (and with other items) today.

I shall start Gathering Storm tonight.

Edit:: I bought a second copy of Gathering Storm for a nephew.  (He gave the first to me as a birthday present.)

So, what is the purpose for this thread?   ???

I'd think the combination of title and author would make it obvious.  mb is posting how far he is in reading WOT.  First time through, unless I'm mistaken.

I really kind of thought - rather than the occaisional update of what chapter he was on - that we'd get some thoughts on what was actually read. You know, suprises, laughs and tears... something. Even grade school book reports tell you more than what day the book was finished and I LOVE re-experiencing these books through fresh eyes and hearts...

Started Gathering Storm somewhere between 3 & 4 am.  So far, I have read through Tylee's section of the prologue.

I told in the opening post that you may ask for my opinion about various scenes.  Have not told in this thread because nobody asked in this thread.

Thursday night, got through Chapter 2.  I read/listened through that part weeks before purchasing (do not remember exact length of time); chapters 1 & 2 through the Tor website, some portion of the prologue through the BN ereader.