DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My 'Wheel of Time' progress

mb

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My alternating is like this:: read some amount of the other book then read 1 chapter of Wheel of Time.

My current "other book" right now is War & Peace. I will have read through Shadow Rising Chapter 37 when I finish that book.

that's some serious reading. i'm ashamed to say i'm alternating beween the latest auel book in the car and some little house outriggers at home (the rose wilder series right this moment). . . my brain's taking the summer off. i think i'll schedule TOM for early fall. gonna squeeze in an austen re-read or two in between.

Edited by cindy

• 4 weeks later...

Finished Shadow Rising on Monday August 8. Alternating is done; after War & Peace was Iliad and Odyssey.

Would start second time of Fires of Heaven roughly a couple weeks from now; hope to be near the end of this series when my copy of Towers of Midnight ships.

Currently reading a couple of fairy tale omnibuses; Hans Christian Andersen, Grimm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm considering a Kindle, but I think I'd lose the 'feel' if you know what I mean.

I'm just starting book 7 CoS.. I mentioned in my 'Welcome to DM' section that I had EotW sitting on my bookshelf for 'ages' (so to speak) until I got a haircut and my barber and I got to talking about books and mentioned WoT. I thought, 'I have that' and picked it up and have yet to put the series down. LOL

I purchased the first 4 (well 3 as I had the 1st) books, then was at the library for an unrelated task and picked up 5 and 6 and burned through those. Have 7 and 8 now.. Will finish them within a couple of weeks.

As to spoilers.. I didn't even think about that when I was reading some of the threads here and read the 'What don't you like about this series' thread and found out

Morraine gets resurrected

and

Faile gets captured by the Shaido

I went 'Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!' to the unwanted knowledge. Now I skim more carefully. :blink:

I'm considering a Kindle, but I think I'd lose the 'feel' if you know what I mean.

I'm just starting book 7 CoS.. I mentioned in my 'Welcome to DM' section that I had EotW sitting on my bookshelf for 'ages' (so to speak) until I got a haircut and my barber and I got to talking about books and mentioned WoT. I thought, 'I have that' and picked it up and have yet to put the series down. LOL

I purchased the first 4 (well 3 as I had the 1st) books, then was at the library for an unrelated task and picked up 5 and 6 and burned through those. Have 7 and 8 now.. Will finish them within a couple of weeks.

As to spoilers.. I didn't even think about that when I was reading some of the threads here and read the 'What don't you like about this series' thread and found out

Morraine gets resurrected

and

Faile gets captured by the Shaido

I went 'Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!' to the unwanted knowledge. Now I skim more carefully. :blink:

Incase someone hasn't already recommended it to you, you should try the Structured Wheel of Time Discussion boards. I havn't spent much time there but it looks like it's set up in a book by book format with a strict no spoiler rule.

So you could stay in the LoC thread untill you've finished aCoS and that way you're certain that you wont be spoiled again.

i had totally anti kindle feelings till i got one last week. now i love this toy.

the feel is good, very bookish if you can believe it.

Really? I've never tried any electronic reading for that reason, it just wouldn't be the same.

Interesting, maybe I'll consider giving it a go. Though I do love having them all on display in my bookshelf.

i do, too, but i also like carrying them all around in such a convenient package, plus... well, go to somewhere that sells them and just play with it. i think it will surprise you. i was so totally against it, and i have to be looking at two huge monitors all day at work reading really difficult text and scans, and my eyes are gone, but this is really like looking at printed paper. my mom actually talked me into trying it, and i resisted for years. but she was right, it's great.

Hmm that's a good idea I might just go and have a play one time.

It would certainly save me alot of troubles. I live out in the middle of nowhere and have to travel 2 and a half hours for the nearest bookshop, 3 and a half for a bookshop thats any good!

:biggrin: It's quite irritating at times.

my kindle hooked right into my amazon account from my home internet, and from there it's just clicky click, booky booky. dangerous good fun. but there's also lots of free books if you like classics. and my neighbor has a subscription to the state library system, which i have to get her to show me how to do.

i reall think you'll like it. plus there are others, like the nook has color, and i think it has the fancy e book covers, but i'm not a book cover person so much as a word reading person, so i just go the kindle. but i'd play with all of them if i were you.

and i swear, i don't work for them. it's just my favorite new toy.

happy shopping :)

it's 30+ miles to my nearest book store, and half the time i have to order what i want anyway cause they don't have it, and pay twice what it's worth anyway. the clicky click booky booky thing has me giddy with joy - i am literally giggling just thinging about it.

also, probably overtired. :smile:

night night, have fun!

and from there it's just clicky click, booky booky. dangerous good fun

I'm also afraid that'd be my problem too. :loial:

I live out in the middle of nowhere and have to travel 2 and a half hours for the nearest bookshop, 3 and a half for a bookshop thats any good

We have ONE (count 'em 1) 'decent' bookstore in town, but I use the term loosely. To get to a Borders or other bookstore is 1 1/2 hrs away. :angry:

I find borders to be a pretty crappy store anyway.

They have a lot of everything but not much of anything... if that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense to me. A whole lot of something but it's a whole lot of nothing.

Well... our local bookstore (Hastings) has a whole lot of nothing. Comparitively, Borders puts an Angelic Choir in my head.

and from there it's just clicky click, booky booky. dangerous good fun

I'm also afraid that'd be my problem too. :loial:

I live out in the middle of nowhere and have to travel 2 and a half hours for the nearest bookshop, 3 and a half for a bookshop thats any good

We have ONE (count 'em 1) 'decent' bookstore in town, but I use the term loosely. To get to a Borders or other bookstore is 1 1/2 hrs away. :angry:

I feel your pain!

My local Waterstones (Brighton, UK) has a great range of fantasy novels. And they always have 3 for 2 offers on them. YAY!! Always walk out with a big bag full of fantasy from there. They all know me there ;). Last time I went they had moved it around but as soon as the shop keeper saw me walking upstairs she immediately pointed to the fantasy sections new home.