DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My 'Wheel of Time' progress

mb

Not sure if this would be the right place to post this.

I just purchased the 8th and 9th books today from a Barnes and Noble store (with other books).

I had not yet started on them.  I imagine it might take me at most 2 weeks to finish them (at most 1 week for each).

I would do periodic updates in this thread if anyone asks for them in this thread.

If you would like my opinion on various scenes, you may ask about those also.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, good.  Is this your first read-through?  (Like, did you check the books out of the library before?)  If it is, this board is full of spoilers.  You might want to go to the structured board.  (Someone pointed that out to me when I first started here.)

Yes, this is my first time through the series.

I knew this section has spoilers.  I do not mind spoilers.

Edit, I might start the 8th tonight.

Hey mb. I'm on book 9 right now on my first read through. But I'm hoping to get two read throughs done before a memory of light comes out. I hate spoilers lol, I remember I was reading something on Wikipedia about Moiraine but I was only on book 2. I read the part about how she died, I was sooo mad at myself for reading that. :)

An update::  Like I told in the edit of my second post, I did start the 8th that night (November 17).

And like I predicted in the first post, I finished it about a week after (November 24).

By the way, I skimmed through some parts of the 8th and 9th books before reading the 8th.

I might start the 9th some time within the next several days.

Yeah, the 9:th is one of my absolute favorites. You got something to look forward to.

I never browsed the internet until after book 11 was out and I've already read it. So I don't know about spoilers, but I would imagine I wouldn't have liked knowing anything about Moiraine in advance...

Spoilers don't bother me they just make me eager in a way. Spoliers are rarely word for word of the books. Which makes me want to know all the actual details. What lead up to said even and what comes right after and how it affected the characters :D I know before the last Harry Potter book came out I was scouring the interwebs for any leaks.

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif    anim-ring.gif    The_Wheel_of_Time__Stamp_by_Seiken_.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  I finished the 9th Saturday some time between 4pm and 5pm.

I plan to buy the 10th in Spring 2009.  The 11th and the 12th I intend to buy together.

I at times tend to read ahead at least in first time through any book.

After each of the 3 prequels are out, I might re-read the entire series starting with the prequels.

Edit::  I been thinking on buying the 10th & 11th together; and buy the 12th with New Spring

• 5 months later...

Another update:  I bought the 10th with the Guide and other books today at Barnes & Noble; I would have bought the 11th also, yet I could not find it.

I also bought the 1st because in my old copy some pages were fading.

This thread is to punish me, isn't it?
Yes. It's called Karma. You did some really evil things in your last life.

Give it a rest. We get it, you (and mr ares) don't like mb. fine. But it's getting old reading negative posts in every thread he posts in.

Peace

You clearly don't get it. Aside from the fact I have capitals in my name, I don't dislike mb any more than he deserves. He's certainly nothing like as bad as Mik.

War

Hah, spoilers suck. I remember I was reading CoT and I flipped to the back of the book, and read "He has cleansed it! Saidin is clean" Or something like that. I was SOOOOOOO mad.....=(

P.s. Sorry about that....darn spoilers...

Read some portion of the guide over the weekend; mainly the first section and those like tan colored boxes.

Also skimmed through some chapters of the 10th; though have not yet started it.

In my previous post I told that I could not find the 11th at the store; I think I might buy it (the book) the next time I go there if it (the book) is there at the time (because my main way of paying is cash), regardless of where I am in the 10th.

Started the 10th Wednesday night.  Currently at Gawyn's section of the Prologue.

About buying; like I edited in my last post, my main way of paying is cash.  I have just a savings account.

Online buying is generally through gift cards I buy at stores.

Another reason for buying at the store is that I could check the books before buying.

Edit: I will update when I have finished the 10th.  If I get the 11th before I finish the 10th, I would tell where I am in the 10th at that time. I would update when I buy the 11th.

I would give updates in between for those who ask.

• 3 weeks later...