DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My 'Wheel of Time' progress

mb

So, what is the purpose for this thread?   ???

I'm also confused. I went back last weekend and re-read the first three chapters of EotW and the last two chapters of tGS... but I don't see how that's remotely thread-worthy in and of itself. Is it supposed to be a race of some sort?

I love the ideas of those new to the series coming on and posting their thoughts as they progress through the books, re-living that first time vicariously through me... but regular updates about what chapter or page they were on or what type of sandwich they took a break to eat... I just don't get it.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Returned to reading on Friday (starting the return with Chapter 21).  Now reached Chapter 36.

I'm also confused.

I told the purpose a number of posts ago::

The main purpose of this thread is to tell how far I have read in this series.

• 2 weeks later...

So the question is now that mb has finally finished the entire main series, what does he think? I mean certainly we've gotten kind of an idea from his posts all over these boards, but I think this is an opportunity for him to just tell us what he thinks of the series as a whole. Does it work? Was he riveted? What parts didn't he like about it? What parts where his favorites? Which book did he think was best? Worst? Why? How does he feel about the major characters now having seen their entire story? Obviously no spoilers of TGS should be posted, but just general impressions. What is mb's review of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time?

Started New Spring last night. I am at Chapter 2; reading the book along with my other books.

What I think of the series in general?  It seems fairly good to me.

Favorite parts: the discussions about taveren/Pattern, the Cleansing, Dumai's Wells, maybe more

best book, worst book; no particular best, nor any particular worst.

Main characters, I take you mean these: Rand, Mat, Perrin, Egwene, Nynaeve

Each of those, I see them as good in general.

Rand, he generally seeks to do his duty.

Mat, he keeps his promises.

Perrin, he generally treats others nicely; especially his wife.

Egwene, she generally seeks to unite for good things.

Nynaeve, she generally seeks to help the Light-sided characters; especially Rand & Lan.

My opinion of the guide, my copy has been helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished Eye of World on Sunday around 6pm.

Started second time through of Great Hunt a few hours before dawn (around 3am); currently at the Prologue.  Shall be taking a break from the book after reading through Chapter 19.

• 2 months later...

Pre-ordered paperback version of Gathering Storm from Barnes and Noble.  Currently ship date they tell is September 28.

Ordered the first 2 Starscape books.  They should arrive 2 to 6 days (I take business ones) from now.

Still at mentioned chapter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do not remember much from my first time through.  Main thing I remember is the general plot.

Finished Great Hunt last night (during dark hours of the morning).  Started Dragon Reborn immediately after.

Have been reading some of my other books in between chapters; shall be continuing that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Finished second time of Dragon Reborn Sunday morning. Started second time of Shadow Rising Sunday night; read through chapter 2.

Still been alternating between this series and other books.

Hope to finish the alternating when I finish this book.

• 4 months later...

Pre-ordered Towers of Midnight paperback version and ordered the 3rd & 4th Starscape books with anther book. Through Barnes & Noble.

Towers of Midnight would ship on October 4 and the two Starscape books on July 8.

Read through Shadow Rising Chapter 34.

Still been alternating with other books.