• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just yesterday I bought the hardcover of Book 12 for just 3 bucks at Dollar General Store.

Then this morning I went and bought/ordered Wheel of Time Book 1 off of amazon.

Then when I have the money and time next month ill get a few of the other older Wheel of Times so I can catch up all over again.

Havent read the first 5 or 6 older books since i was in high school years ago back in 1996-1998

• 6 months later...

On my 5th, I think, time listening to tDR and it's hard. Example, I'd much rather see Elayne accepted test than an exhaustive description of every single room or Perrin saying he likes to THINK THINGS TROUGH for the 500th time. RJ really wastes alot of space on Perrin saying that. Matt is the biggest thing that's making the book bearable; I love the series but I don't if I can relisten to it anymore

Rereading WoT for the 2nd time, or 1st depending on how you look at it. The first time I read it I was drinking a lot, so many pages that I read were under the influence. Nevertheless, I am doing a combination of listening to them and reading them. The Rhuidean parts are awesome! I love how RJ uses it to give us more info of the world instead of having 2 characters talk about it.

• 5 weeks later...

I am a little more than a 3rd of the way through aMoL, in my very first reread of the series.

The Final Battle is finally breaking upon the land; it's looking pretty bleak for the forces of Light; Caemlyn is up in flames; Kandor is wasted; Lan is hanging on by his fingernails; the Black Tower and the Asha'men inside are being turned to the dark side; Perrin is trying his darndest to keep the Trollocs from advancing towards Cairhein, plus, he has entered into the World of Dreams to battle the 'Man with Two Souls'(Slayer).

And Mat.....

is drinking in a tavern at the other end of Randland.   LOL

Edited by Cosmic Champion

• 4 weeks later...

finished second time of Towers of Midnight October 30.  started first time of Memory of Light November 6; read through chapter 18.

have a sample of the Companion on my Nook.  would probably buy the e-book format sometime after printed release; and when I have enough money.

Just finished chapter #43 of  A Memory of Light from my reread.

While the Heroes of the Last Battle are bleeding and dying all over the battlefield, Perrin is doing his best Bilbo Baggins imitation from the Battle of Five Armies in The Hobbit ***book***.

Snoozing through most of the battle.   LOL

I will finish this up next weekend where I can then devote the remaining chapters in one sitting.

I'm having a hard time doing a re-listen because of all the exhaustive description and all the extra material that I know now has absolutely no bearing on anything.

What? You can't stand the dozen or so descriptions of the types of tile roofing in Tear from 'The Dragon Reborn'?    :tongue:

Actually, though, I have been contemplating on moving on to the audio versions as I have read the series twice now.  And I having been wondering if these endless descriptions would make it difficult due to you having to go at the audio reader's own pace. When you read it you can hurry through these areas quicker, while not so listening to them.

all audio players I take have a fast forward option.  and some I imagine let the listener to control the speed of the audio; at least one kind of cassette player can.

at chapter 25 Perrin's POV; when I started this post.

finished that chapter before editing.

Edited by mb

mb, no offence, your posts are always so funny!

how?

about cassettes; they are kind of shaped like a box.

image search::  https://www.google.com/search?q=cassette&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCxOix36LJAhVR52MKHUk4DeQQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=622

I take popular until the time of CDs (Compact Discs).  and the previous audio storage before cassettes I take was vinyl.

current status; at chapter 26.

• 2 weeks later...

MB:

What exactly is this omnibus? 

Is it the complete WoT in eBook form?

I just finished my first reread of the series about a week ago and was going to give the audio versions a try. Unfortunately, I only live about 10 minutes from work(never thought that you would ever hear that, did you?), so listening to it in my car is unlikely.