DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite Quote

Gurney

"The lions sing and the hills take flight.

The moon by day and the sun by night.

Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.

Let the Lord of Chaos rule."

that is cool as hell :twisted:

“You may kiss me. Toy.†now when has mat ever said no 8)

"We rode on the winds of the rising storm,

We ran to the sounds of the thunder.

We danced among the lightning bolts,

and tore the world asunder."

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lead me to this oosquai of yours, Aviendha. I don’t know about you two, but I intend to get drunk enough to…well…to take off my clothes and dance on the table. And not a hair drunker.

-Birgitte, to Aviendha and Min

I had to kill a couple of Warders. Bad business, that, killing Warders. Don't like it.

-Elyas Machera

Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can.

-Elyas Machera

The Red Ajah, those that like hunting for men who mess with the One Power, they wanted to gentle me, once. I told them to their faces they were Black Ajah; served the Dark One, I said, and they didn't like that at all.

-Elyas Machera

preatty much all of elyas's stuff is great

I love when Nyneave “leaned over and yanked Thom’s nearest mustache.â€

Thom (very offended) to Nyneave: “Try to pull a man’s mustache out of his face. Somebody ought to box your ears for once.â€

I get tears over that one.

I am surprised this wasn't in the list. I got goosebumps the first time I read it:

Perrin hesitated before answering.  He had dreaded this.  He felt about wolves as he did about Two Rivers People.  "They have caged Shadowkiller," he thought at last.  That was what the wolves called Rand, but he had no idea whether they considered Rand important.

The shock filling his mind was answer enough, but howls filled the night, near and far, howls filled with anger and fear.  In the camp horses whinnied fearfully, stamping their hooves as they shied against the picket ropes.  Men ran to calm them, and others to peer into the darkness as if expecting a huge pack to come after the mounts.

"We come", Half Tail replied at last.  Only that, and then others answered, packs Perrin had spoken to and packs that had listened silently to the two-legs who could speak as the wolves did.  We come.  No more.

Or if you prefer the short version:

"They have caged Shadowkiller," he thought at last.

"We come," Half Tail replied at last.

• 3 weeks later...

here are some that i found, and were memeroable, im not sure on the chapters though.

CoS:

-"...If you don't know everything, you must go on with what you do know." Rand al'Thor

-"There are no clear paths. Only pitfalls and trapwires and darkness." Rand al'Thor

-"The weak must be bold cautiously." Siuan Sanche

-"The blindest are those who keep their eyes shut." Elayne Trankad

and i got some from the LoC:

- ".. the world had to be faced as it was, not as you wished it to be. " Siuan Sanche

- ".. Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather." Lan

- ".. The Wheel of Time and the wheel of a man's life turn alike without pity or mercy."i think this was moraine

but the one that got me most, was at the end of LoC:

"On a day of fire and blood, a tattered banner waved above Dumai's Wells, bearing the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai.

On a day of fire and blood and the One Power, as prophecy had suggested, the unstained tower, broken, bent knee to the forgotten sign.

The first nine Aes Sedai swore fealty to the Dragon Reborn, and the world was changed forever."

that one gave me goosebumps

"They have caged Shadowkiller," he thought at last.

"We come," Half Tail replied at last.

This is one of my favorites as well. A definite goose bump moment. But IMO the most recent book has a moment to top it, when Nynaeve goes to the jewelry dealer to elicit help for Lan.

I reread that scene again and again and it's still just as powerful. Absolute gold and my personal favorite scene of the books.

"My husband rides for Tarwin's Gap and Tarmon Gaidon. Will he ride alone?"

"My husband rides for Tarwin's Gap and Tarmon Gaidon. Will he ride alone?"

i forgot about this one, i would have to agree on it being one of the most recent ones, and one of the most emotional i think

The Golden Crane flies for Tarmon Gai 'don!

"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."

-Mat

"I may be a fool, but I intend to be a live fool."

-Mat

"If the world is ending, a woman will take time to tell a man something he's done wrong."

-Mat

"In war, you say a prayer for your dead and ride on, because there is always another fight over the next horizon. Say a prayer for your dead, Moiraine Sedai, and ride on."

-Lan

"All men dream. But I know dreams for dreams. This is reality."

-Lan

"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips."

-Birgitte

"Sooner or later there's always trouble when there's two humans together."

-Elyas

"We all must wake from the dream one day, Perrin Aybara."

-Gaul

"Dead men should be quiet in their graves, but they never are."

-Lews Therin Telamon

"Nobody tells us how to be men. We just are."

-Perrin

"Killing is as easy as dying, any fool can do either."

-Aiel saying

Oh, yeah i just thought of another one, in the prologue of KoD when Galina is talking to Perrin.

"I think it's past time you showed proper respect. I'm Aes Sedai, not a servant."

Yeah..just love the irony RJ puts in there, they name themselves servants of all, then act like they are bloody queens not getting their dues.

Mat just sat their swaying with the coach's motion and staring. Nynaeve married? Lan married to Nynaeve? The man was mad. No wonder his eyes looked so bleak. Mat would as soon have stuffed a rabid fox down his own shirt. Only a fool married, and only a madman would marry Nynaeve.

Mat is trying to get a message to Elayne and Nynaeve in Tylin's palace. He stops the 2 tower Aes Sedai by mistake and 3 other Aes Sedai show up and he is tugged in 3 different directions.

"Don't fight over me," he said. Tugging his coat was not making anyone let go. "There's enough of me to go around."

Five sets of eyes made him wish he had kept his mouth shut. Aes Sedai had no sense of humor.

"...Once, he had a grove of oaks chopped down because they were looking at him. And then insisted they be given decent funerals; he gave the oration. Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?"

--Davram Bashere in LoC

Archived