DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite Quote

Gurney

I don't know if this topic has been used before or not, but here goes.

"I forget nothing, Aes Sedai. I said six could come, but I count nine. I said you would be on equal footing with the Tower emissaries, and for bringing nine, you will be. They are on their knees, Aes Sedai. Kneel!"

I don't know about anyone else, but I love to see the high and mighty get put in their place. :twisted:

Please post your favorite quote!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Winespring Brother

"Tonight you will eat fish. Tomorrow you may die"

"You will know what I tell you and no more!"

"And what will you tell me?" Zarine Demanded

The Aes Sedai smiled, "Eat Your fish"

I don't know about anyone else, but I love to see the high and mighty get put in their place. :twisted:

You mean Majsju? :wink:

Hum... there's just SO MANY. Ah, well.

Kneel, or you will be knelt.

Another example of, even though Rand hates them, Taim and Logain are awesome beyond all belief... I liked Taim at this point. It'd be an insane twist if he turned out good (as in Not Dark) and Logain is pure evil. And yes, another example of the high and mighty getting a proverbial slap in the face.

Bad habits pay off in the long run.

Indeed they do.

Oh, Hyena, my dear Hyena...

That's a misprint (repeated many a time) in my friend's downloaded version of KoD.

Guest Majsju
I don't know about anyone else' date=' but I love to see the high and mighty get put in their place. :twisted:[/quote']

You mean Majsju? :wink:

poke.gif Watch it, young one...

"Mourn if you must, but mourn on the march for Tarmon Gai'don."

Don't have my book so this "quote" might actually be a paraphrase, but I remember the chill I got the first time I read Moiraine's line at the end of EOTW as she stares at her blue listening stone...

"The Dragon has been reborn."

torgo

"All your dead are belong to us!"

-a very confused Ishamael

This is on wotmania and made me laugh the first time I saw it. There is a list of quotes there, the link is http://wotmania.com/quotelist.asp.

Anyway, my personal favorite quote is probably:

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig" graves for twenty-three oak trees?

-Davram Bashere

• 2 weeks later...

my two favorite

"as surely as peaches are poison" siuan i think

"blood and bloody ashes" mat at some time or another

found these on the link above, but there were a couple other good one too

One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty women mean trouble in the house. Three pretty women mean run for the hills.

-Abel Cauthon

Mat won't corrupt Beslan. I doubt nine feather dancers with a shipload of brandy could corrupt him. They wouldn't know where to begin.

-Birgitte

That woman has more hands than any six women I ever met.

-Mat Cauthon, speaking of Queen Tylin Quintara

• 2 weeks later...

"Worry over being caught in a tangle of roses, even if the thorns might kill you eventually, was a luxury when you had a knife point pressed to your ribs." -Yukiri thought, CoT.

"I can be as hard as I must, he thought, stroking his sword hilt. For him, I can." -Rand thought, FoH.

"When he was not actually handling the balls, his hand rested under his coat." -Mat description, EotW.

"He is born again! I feel him! The Dragon takes his first breath on the slopes of Dragonmount! He is coming! He is coming! Light help us! Light help the world! He lies in the snow and cries like thunder! He burns like the sun!" -Gitara Morso

This one is probably my favorite... it seriously gives me goose bumps. I also like:

"Sooner or later there's always troubel when two humans get together" -Elyas Machera

So true so true. heh.

"The rose petal floats on the water, the king fisher flashes above the pond. Life swirls in the midst of death" - Lan Mandragoran

I just think that is pretty.

Plus obviously the quotes I have as my signature. hehe.

Oh and just about any thing that LTT says. He is probably one of the most hilarious characters in the book.

"That's a misprint (repeated many a time) in my friend's downloaded version of KoD." - Featherless Hawkwing

Who with the what now? Downloaded version? Is that a version they purchased or pirated off the web? Because if it was pirated I hope you gave them a solid dressing down.

One of my favourite quotes is from KOD.

"That killed the goat."

I also love,

"I am the Dragon Reborn," he whispered at the walls sometimes, and sometimes shouted at them. "I am the Dragon Reborn!" Silently and aloud he raged at those who would oppose him, the blind fools who could not see and those who refused to see, for ambition or avarice or fear. He was the Dragon Reborn, the only hope of the world against the Dark One. And the Light help the world for it.

I have kept all the good quotes while reading the series and keep finding more each time i reread the series. I also keep track of the old tongue too.

Well i like these:

"It's always a mans fault." Perrin t'Ayabar

Im am a guy put my mom loves this one

"Men teach cats curiosity, but cats keep sense for them selves." Mat Cauton

"Eagles and women can oly be kept safe in cages."Lewis Therin Telmon in Rands head

"The pike does not ask the frog before dining."Lini

"Don't watch the wolf so much, that a mouse bites you." Nynave al'Mear

Archived