DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and the Ash'aman (spoiler)

lordofsoup

Guest Dreadlord

It will be Logain who deals with the Black Tower I reckon. Logains loyalists vs Taims Darkfriends, the loyalists win, and Logain earsn his blue-gold halo of glory.

I doubt that the divide of the Black Tower is taken into account for Guardians equalling the servants. Think about it-by KoD the Black Tower matches the White in numbers, but Logains loyalists are only a portion of those. The entire Black Tower consists of Logains loyalists, Taims Darkfriends, and those who arent in either group. I find it hard to believe that any of those three subgroups will already be as big as the White Tower, no way. The Ashaman would have had a much bigger impact if there were that many of them

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

Maybe the dissension in the Black tower is how the "Guardians will equal the Servants"

Hmmmm.

But then the "servants" have always been indentified as the Aes Sedai, it would seem strange to me if the "guardians" were then sub-divided.

I think the prophecy merely means that there will be roughly equal numbers of Ashaman and Aes Sedai and doesn't relate to any political division inside the groups.

You think Taims favorites are the only Darkfriends in there?

That is pretty much spelled out in the books, if you remember the scene when Toviene is listening to the Asha Man report to Logain.  Logain will certianly deal with the black tower, and the Aes Sedai that are bonded to Asha Man. That will take of two of the prohecys.  I think Pevera says there are about 100 Asha Men on each side, so 200 is about what you would expect to be dark freinds.  If there are around 2000 Asha Men. 

I think what will happen is that Logain will lead a revolution and force Taim on the run again (he will probably retreat to the blight) and he will construct the black tower and make sure that every is at least willing to give their lives for Rand. But like honestly who would of allowed Taim to stay in power for so long? like early on it was obvious Taim was perverting the students against Rand

Nicola had a foretelling that says "the guardians balance the servants".

That would mean one of these::

-number being equal

-total strength being equal

The other foretelling about them is from Elaida which says "The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds"

Rent would mean either divided or destroyed; divided seems more probable.  If destroyed, there would be a slim chance for Nicola's foretelling to become (and/or remain) true.

Rand could just go in there with the chroen Kal and kill everyone who is not on his side, or give callandor to logain and 27 bonded AS

there is no way that the 2 rivers men will not join rand, mat, and perrin, and that would make the numbers greatly in favor of Logain's friends, who would also take some more with them.

I think Rand will deal with the Black Tower as he has dealt with everything else. Ignore it until Logain pushes enough, then show up in-mass, and kill Taim. He will probably give the ones who survive the chance to swear to him, but he cant kill possible weapons...and that is all they are.

Either that, or Taim will take control of the Black Tower, forcing the others to flee or die. And then when Rand comes, everyone there can be killed.

Or Taim will take his men, (the new Dreadlords) and begin the invasion.

Those are my opinions......and I stand by all of them.....even the one´s that contradict the other´s.

It does seem likely that it will be Logain who forces Taim out of hiding--and i phrase it that way intentionally. The shadow has too few men to loose Taim and his forces. Logain  will force Taim's hands, and likely suffer heavy losses for it, and Taim and his men will escape.

Guest Dreadlord

I was under the impression that there were about 600 Ashaman, and that it was divided between Logains loyalists, Taims favorites and a neutral party. Is that not right? It just seems to me that the fifty (ish) in KoD epilogue were nowhere near half of Taims favorites

I really don't see Rand giving Callandor to Logain. Callandor is Narishma's unless Rand takes it back for himself but I doubt it since he has the CK. As for the BT, I see Taim making it all the way to the TG before he gets killed. He will probably be killed by Logain and I think that's where he will get his glory, but not until the end of TG.

Rand could just go in there with the chroen Kal and kill everyone who is not on his side.

Fighting while wielding the Choeden Kal will not be easy. You may recall that Rand wasn't even seeing what was in front of him during the Cleansing. Actually fighting with it? Very difficult.

Rand could not see Nynaeve any longer. He could not see any thing, feel anything. He swam in surging seas of flame, scrambled across collapsing mountains of ice. The taint flowed like an ocean tide, trying to sweep him away.

The Black Tower is just approaching one thousand in number, and Taim's men number no more than a hundred of that.

I think there are close to 2,000 Asha'Men, several times it has been mentioned that the Black Tower is close or matches the White Tower. And there are roughly 1700 Aes Sedai, and there have been quite a for more recruited since i last read about them matching it.

There are less than a thousand Aes Sedai.

Rand could just go in there with the chroen Kal and kill everyone who is not on his side.

Fighting while wielding the Choeden Kal will not be easy. You may recall that Rand wasn't even seeing what was in front of him during the Cleansing. Actually fighting with it? Very difficult.

Rand could not see Nynaeve any longer. He could not see any thing, feel anything. He swam in surging seas of flame, scrambled across collapsing mountains of ice. The taint flowed like an ocean tide, trying to sweep him away.

That's because of the nature of what he was trying to do with his channeling. He had to COMPLETELY focus and block out awareness of everything else to make sure not a single DROP of the Taint remained within Saidin. But back when he and Asmodean had their battle, each with a hand on on the CK and dueling with it, wiping out mountains and huge swaths of land, he was well aware of what all was going on about him.

Also as for what Rand will do with the Ash'aman, doesn't Logain report in the beginning of KoD that he had successfully removed pretty much the vast majority of the known to be loyal Ash'aman, and ALL of those taken from the Two Rivers as well as those who bonded Sisters, and sent them off to Arad Doman where Rand is clearly marshaling a massive force?

So there's only a skeleton force of loyalists still present when the Red Sisters show up at the end, most likely to keep watch on Taim's faithful. Not sure what that will mean for what'll happen but it shows Rand is at least somewhat aware, and while not confronting, at least isolating Taim and his lackeys

Archived