DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and the Ash'aman (spoiler)

lordofsoup

Since when was Rand gathering an army in Arad Doman?!

All throughout KoD references are made to his deploying massive number of Aiel over to Arad Doman. Remember, Aviendah takes her leave of Elayne when the Wise Ones gather her up to resume her studies with 'em and move with the army to there?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone notice the similarityies between Taim and one of the forsaken, I think it was Sammael, but it was the one who only betrayed after LTT heaped honours upon his name

The one who betrayed LTT after a lot of honours was Demandred but as many know RJ has said Mazrim Taim is ''NOT'' Demandred, however Demandred is maybey the teacher of Taim. Look at the other countless Forums and you will see a lot of people talking about it.

Notice when Rand met Taim LTT started going into a frenzy about Demandred and Sammael.  Mentioning "More honors, more the hate until they sold their souls and went over".  I always took that as foreshadowing that Taim was going to be sort of like them, betraying Rand out of jealousy and the belief he is the better man. 

• 4 weeks later...

I find it hard to believe Taim only has a hundred but never mind

They may be only a hundred but all of them are Asha'man. In KoD I think Logain states that all the Asha'man in the Black Tower are Taim's men with the sole exception as Logain himself.

Half of the BT is in Illian and Arad Domian in case Rand doesn't get his truce with the Seanchan.  Most of the Dedicated and Soldiers are not Taim's people, I doupt any of the Soldier are, and one or three new recruits join them everyday so a number of people need to be in the twoer to train them, and not all Soldiers are battle ready yet.

Rand has high standards they need to meet.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the the Guardian balencing the Servants is more on the world wide politcal scale.

Sense the WT was founded the AS have had unchecked power over Randland.  Because of the OP they were able to influence the world and make it how they saw fit because nobody could stand up to them.

But now the Asha'man can stand up to them because they have the OP also.  If they feel somebdy's getting pushed around by the AS they can tell them to stop and be the only ones who can expect the AS to back down.

As far as the numbers go, rember the AM also count the soldiers and dedicated, but the AS don't count the novices and accepteds.  And the AM are less picky about strength.  There are over a 100 novices in the Tower and over 1000 in the besieging camp.  Accepted are less then 50, I'd think.  And about 900 AS.

That scene at the end of Knife of Dreams where the red sisters meet with Taim was one of my favorites in the series. It really sets it up, showing the Shadow's strength there. They're finally set apart from the others.. not in the open but I took that scene to mean they were about to do something and weren't just sitting around for the hell of it. Denying the red sisters like Taim suggested they all would do would be disobeying Rand and that would get back to him eventually, so it's a statement too. Unless the other sisters from the rebel camp already bonded Asha'man and I'm just not remembering it.

Think it's possible the split in the Black Tower won't even happen in book 12? That could be one of those plot points that goes unfinished.

Think it's possible the split in the Black Tower won't even happen in book 12? That could be one of those plot points that goes unfinished.

no based on what do you think the chances of Taims side not turning on the forces of the light? Taims ashaman will be dreadlords like the black ajah

Archived