DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Out of all the WOT nations which is your favorite?

gaishain

The Seanchan.

I love how organized and efficient they are. A place for everything and everything in its place. Plus they don't seem to let their emotions run them. They seem to do whatever it takes to accomplish a task without letting emotions (or anything else for that matter) distract them. Tuon is a bit of an exception on that one, but she is still a lot more in control of herself than most of the major characters (i.e. Elayne, Rand, Perrin, Egwene).

• 2 months later...

Personality wise and looks wise I feel the most link to Cairhien. I am petite with dark hair and eyes, kind of pale skin. I love to play games with people's heads and try to manipulate people in doing what I want without them knowing I did it. Make it sound like it was their own idea. :wink: Mostly I do this to men.

That also makes me sound very much Aes Sedai.

Funny though, open my mouth and you would swear I was Seanchan! :lol:

this may be a bit 'comunist' but I like the Senchan and how every one has there place and the empire rules with an iron fist. hounor is a big part of Senchan society (like the Aiel).also the roilty system is good

sory if this post dosent ake much senes as i am trying to watch a movie as i type

The realm of the Sea Folk, because I'm addicted to the ocean. :wink: I'd rather live UNDER the water than ON it, but that's as close as I can get.

Or the Blight, of course. Land of fascinating creatures and general awesomeness. Give me a fetching Myrddraal lover, some Trollocs, maybe a Darkhound, and I'll be happy. Toss in a Dragkhar and it'll get even better...sigh. :D

My first choice is going to have to be Malkier. I mean if I were a character in the last book, I'd be one of the random malkier descendants wearing a hadori riding towards certain destruction with Lan. But as that's not possible I'm still going to say that that is absolutely my favorite.

But however I will follow up in decsending order my other favorites. Shienar is next, because they were very close both geographically, cultural, and socially (as in they were allies and friends) with Malkier. And because they are a borderland nation. Next I'm going to have to go with Arafel, because they wear cool freaking braided hair with the bells, then Kandor don't really know why(but not so much for the hammer parachute pants). Finally for the borderland nations I'd go with Saldea because they have awesome horseman capabilities and I only wish that I had it. Next I'm going with the Aiel. They're absolutely amazing. They have honor and they've learned to be hardened to everything. Except of course that they are freaking out now because they used to be tinkers and believed in non-violence. Then come the Seanchan. I could see myself as one of the death watch guards. It appeals to me to sacrifice myself for others. Don't know why probably because it's a romantic notion. Then comes the good old Andorans. I like them. They're all farmers who will defend what is theirs regardless of cost. That's alot like the Texans, yes everyone I'm from Texas. Then I'd say Arad Domon, mainly because I want to see one of these dances they're always talking about, oh and because Leane is a hottie. Tear and Illian are matched. I don't like either that much to large a gap between the nobles and the people they govern. It's like the top 1% has everything and everyone else just has to make do. Altara, Amadicia, Tarabon. I don't really care that much about, though Queen Tylin did sound well put together, I just don't think I'd want to live in a place that's hot and sticky, it reminds me too much of home. The same goes for Ghealdean and for Mayene. They just don't appeal to me. Then the other societies like the Sea Folk, or the Sharans I don't really care all that much about, couldn't tell you why they just don't appeal to me.

I'd have to say the "new" Two Rivers. Under Lord Perrin Goldeneyes. Ahem...Manetheren Reborn. I have the feeling that the afore-mentioned wholesomeness of the Two Rivers/Andoran farmers, when combined with Perrin's and Faile's leadership and the revamping of the Two Rivers itself in the form of industry, immigration and defense, will birth a pretty great nation. If it hasn't already.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that there's any indication that Paaren Disen, which was a city rather than a nation per se, was located where the Blasted Lands are. It would seem to me that the glowing stone which borders the windows in the Amyrlin's study is elstone, which was used for the floor of the Hall of the Servants in Paaren Disen, and that stone was found on the bottom of the Sea of Storms.

As for the topic, I guess in a depressed, paranoid, hateful, suicidal sort of way, Aridhol kind-of rocks, and because it died in such a bizzare fashion, it's one of my favorites.

Archived