DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Out of all the WOT nations which is your favorite?

gaishain

Nations or types of people.

I love the Aiel. They remind me of Native Americans. They are a very hard and rugged people. Their customs are very different from the 'wetlanders', which makes them very interesting. I love how in Aiel society the Wise Ones are held in high regard and are essentially the boss. Anyone else agree or disagree?

I like the Aiel too but not so much for their native americaness, but because their leadership is based on experience and resourcefulness. They remind me of the Fremen in Dune. I do not think the wise ones effectively run the Aiel either. The clan chiefs govern and they advise and prod occassionally. At worst that constitutes a 50/50 relationship when push comes to shove.

Well, not including the Aiel, since they dont count (!), I would have to say Shienar (I would say Malkier, but I don't think they count either ;)). They are all soldiers, while the people they protect down south don't even believe in the monsters they hold back. Gotta give 'em credit.

For the southern nations, I'm going to have to go with Andor. They just seem like good people. :)

Guest cwestervelt
Well' date=' not including the Aiel, since they dont count (!), I would have to say Shienar (I would say Malkier, but I don't think they count either ;)). They are all soldiers, while the people they protect down south don't even believe in the monsters they hold back. Gotta give 'em credit.

For the southern nations, I'm going to have to go with Andor. They just seem like good people. :)[/quote']

I agree that the Borderlander's deserve a lot of respect.

Well, Andor is your generic nice place so i find it kind of dull. But then every other place has such weird customs, Tear is slums and social differences, Saldea seems to have weird marriage ideas, as does Ebou Dar. I'd have to say Far Madding would be a nice place to live. I could be a trader and live a good life.

of there was one nation i like it would have to be shienar. they are all about honor. if you have no honor you cant like shienar

if there was a southern nation it would andor. other than the fact that if they see a ogier they will scream trolloc they ren't bad. they seem loyal and they have strengh of will

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Egwene

Andor (inclusive Two Rivers), because they are so boringly nice and I like nice places and people...

The Seafolk... almost Pirates *grin*

...and the Seanchean for providing a real opposite to the rest of the Nations

• 3 weeks later...

I am partial to Andor for the story line, but partial to the Seanchan in personal respects, they run a tight government, great military, and have some cool armor and accents....it seems like they have that southern drawl you northeners always complain about, yes I am from the south :P

I live in Texas and still don't imagine the Seanchan with a southern drawl. To speak with a drawl, as they do, just means that you stretch out the vowels. You can do that without sounding southern.

But that's all personal preference, I suppose :)

I don't know what all this talk is about Malkier not existing because as long as Lan still lives, malkier still exists. It's gotta be the coolest if not for the mystery alone.

Archived