DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The One Scene You Are Looking Forward To In AMOL

Mighty Chin

i meant gawyn srry for my mistake

and the two rivers/manetheren is the same thing, in my mind they're remaking the nation, they fly the bloody flag, i meant metophoricaly all of them would be standing behind him as in he in lead and no reason a general cant be out front acting as a moral booster generals have done it plenty of times and lived just fine

cant u take a joke geese

read the series i dont remember all the details been a while since ive read it but elder haman(think thats his name) and loaile(sp?) talk about it somewhat why all the ogeir are meeting and doing whatever something about a book and them saving thier own hides

geez what a critic

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i meant gawyn srry for my mistake
And so you should be.

and the two rivers/manetheren is the same thing, in my mind they're remaking the nation, they fly the bloody flag, i meant metophoricaly all of them would be standing behind him as in he in lead and no reason a general cant be out front acting as a moral booster generals have done it plenty of times and lived just fine
Two Rivers and Manetheren are not the same thing any more than Wales and the UK are the same, or Virginia and the USA - it is a part of a much larger whole. They no longer fly Manetheren's flag, either. Perrin agreed to give up any claim to Manetheren. Why would the Seanchan be fighting at the side of an Oathbreaker if they could help it? And they would be metaphorically behind him but physically and literally in front of him. A General's job is to command, not be in the thick of battle hacking away with sword (or other weapon of choice), not giving orders, not able to get a good view of the big picture of the battle. For Perrin to fight in the way you suggest is for Perrin to abandon his responsibilities to his men as a commander. As Mat says (quoting Comadrin): "A General who draws his sword has put away his baton and become a common soldier." Even for junior officers I wouldn't recommend it - put a few men between you and the front, so they die before you do. There are more privates than lieutenants. The former is easier to replace than the latter. Lead from near the front, not the front itself, at most.

cant u take a joke geese
Do you mean can I take a joke goose, or can I take some joke geese? I suppose I could, but why would I want to? What would I do with such a thing? Or do you wish to enquire whether or not I can take a joke, and geese have nothing to do with anything? If so, yes, I can take a joke, if it's a good one. Care to make one?

read the series i dont remember all the details been a while since ive read it but elder haman(think thats his name) and loaile(sp?) talk about it somewhat why all the ogeir are meeting and doing whatever something about a book and them saving thier own hides
You mean the Book of Translation? Which is not their "book fo fortelling fo w/e", which appears to be a series of letters but little by way of words and nothing by way of a comprehensible sentence. If you couldn't remember the name of the item in question, why not look it up? Writing in sentences is necessary for communication, not an optional extra.

geez what a critic
Geez? Do you mean geese? What do geese have to do with anything? Use real words. That's an order.

The book of translation, it supposedly takes all the ogier out of time, but it seems like it would be hard because of all of the ogier gardners with the seanchan
Depends on how it works. It might instantaneously remove all the Ogier from the world, whether they want to go or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Given the projected length we may be looking at a 2 volume book. Even if that happens though It's still one novel, and will eventually be released as such. All the others that were split were. I'm just hoping the sales are good enough that Harriet asks Brandon to do at least the Mat and Tuon outrigger. That if nothing else I would like to see written.

As for the scene in AMOL I still say I'm uber ready for the Egewne attending Elidia scene which i hope is early in the book :D.

Darth_Andreastarwars1.gif    anim-ring.gif    The_Wheel_of_Time__Stamp_by_Seiken_.gif

The Egwene - Elaida showdown

Gawyn being faced with his crossroads decision and his future with Egwene

Morgase's kids finding out that she is alive and it's repurcussions given the actions they've taken in the name of revenge. Will Galad self implode cause he made a mistake?

Resolution of the whole Perrin and hawk and falcon dilemma.

Perrin realising that Faile isn't perfect

Lan leading his Shineirian army. Nynaeve and him bonding.

Mat and Thom rescuing Moiraine

Finding out what Verin's game plan was/is.

Padan Fain dying

Rand discovering who in his company is really a DF in disguise. There must be one shocker of a betrayal coming up.

Nynaeve and Moghedian showdown

The Last Battle

Tuon channelling

I could go on but I'll stop now.

Will Galad self implode cause he made a mistake?

Do you mean that Galad killed Valda?  I think Valda raping Morgase is pretty much reason enough to not have made a mistake in killing the man.  Morgase not actually being dead is a null point?

I think it will be really interesting if Perrin and Faile ever have an open discussion about her captivity.  He says in KoD that she smelled strongly of guilt, and thought she had been raped (not the case, humiliated, nude half the time, and almost, but no).  I'm wondering if her 'feelings' over Rolan will ever come to the surface.  She seemed almost a little to willing/eager to 'do whatever had to be done' with Rolan to get free, even if not entirely necessary.

I'm looking forward to the questioning of David Hanlon and the black sisters that were caught and what information might be gathered out of that (though without an oath rod, maybe this won't be as fruitful.)

Probably most looking forward to seeing any sort of reunion between Perrin, Mat, and Rand.  It has been a veeery long time since they've even spoken or seen one another short of the flashes of color in their heads.

Minor thing I'm looking forward to is what happens with Gaul and Elyas going after Chiad.

Amonst other things, like the scene where I race home from the bookstore and weld myself to the couch for as long as it takes to read AMoL twice without pause...

I'm looking forward to seeing the Shaido, as the crawl back to the Waste like a pack of craven dogs, blunder into an absurdly huge host of Shadowspawn as they swarm out of the blight... desperate to buy time for escape, they throw Galina at the nearest Myrddraal, and run headlong into an army of Sharamen who have crept across the Threefold Land under the cover of darkness, looking for Cairheinian silk.  The Sharamen finish the job, and the Shaido are gone, as if they never existed.

The scene where the Ogier pour out of the Stedding into battle will be evocative, as will the discovery of the Song...

The scene where Mat plots and executes a full-scale war, in fear of his wife's life.

Where Lew Therin has his final moments of clarity and shows the Third Age what it truly was to rouse the Dragon, earning a death he has longed-for for millenia...

I can't wait...

I wish we saw what happened when he found out about Morgase, he probably swore for the first time in his life. 

On another note, I hope it isnt to  big to read in a day, without eating.  Im gona start preparing days in advanced for it, and will have a large supply of mountain Dew under my bed to keep me going

i hope there are no more loose ends.
You'll be disappointed.

Resolution of the whole Perrin and hawk and falcon dilemma.
He chose the Falcon.

He knows that already. He always did. He still loves her.

nah, you should just plush-up the toilet seat.
or I could get a really big diaper
Your dedication is admirable, your sanity is questionable.

Definatly all of the reunions! (this includes all the original peeps, Lan, Nyna, Rand, Mat, Perrin, Egwene, Moiraine... Gawyn and Egwene, Rand and his ladies (haha and Elayne's kids) Lan/Moiraine/Nyna and I'm sure there's more!)

Also, Egwene just owning Elaida and throwing her off the top of the tower...

Avi owning Graendal (Sp?)on her own...

Elayne finally having the babies and Birgitte finally ripping Elayne to shreds for being a &%$#@ for so long...

Mat and Tuon

Why Rand becomes like the Fisher in the board game (blindfold)

and of course, the final battle!!!!

Also, I'm sure I will love many other scenes but I don't know how this book is written so moot.

PS> 7,000 words at 5 words a second is 23.33^ hours of reading... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I want to see what happens when Morgase meets up with her children again and they realize she isn't dead (oh, and in a related topic, want to see Gawyn and Egwene make up - oh yeah, and Siuan and Gareth admitting that they care about each other)

The three boys being together is going to be awesome too of course, and when they realize that they've all been seeing the colors and their reactions, etc.

Moiraine meeting up with the old gang (the boys, Egwene, Nyn, and Thom), how her and Lan meet up again (I hope they're alone so Lan doesn't feel like he has to hide his feelings) and if the bond still holds and what they decide to do if it does, and her relationship with Thom and how it turns out.

While Galad may be able to justify to himself that his killing of Valda was warranted by Valda's treatment of Morgase, he is still Galad and may have severe difficulty with the fact that he entered the fight at least 50% because he thought Valda had murdered Morgase, or had her killed.  I think maybe he might begin to see the existence of grey, instead of only black or white.

And everything else everyone said, too.  Nothing that I'm not looking forward to.

PS> 7,000 words at 5 words a second is 23.33^ hours of reading... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

The following is dimensional analysis 101

(7000 words)  (5 words)    60 sec  = 23.33^ minutes.

1                  sec                min

Thats about 1 chapter. 

While Galad may be able to justify to himself that his killing of Valda was warranted by Valda's treatment of Morgase, he is still Galad and may have severe difficulty with the fact that he entered the fight at least 50% because he thought Valda had murdered Morgase, or had her killed.  I think maybe he might begin to see the existence of grey, instead of only black or white.

And everything else everyone said, too.  Nothing that I'm not looking forward to.

I'm not positive and would have to go buy/check-out KoD again, but doesn't the law which Galad uses to challenge Valda state something to the effect of 'That a man of the children of the light has assaulted a family member?' I don't believe the law said 'killed' specifically, just assaulted.  I don't think he'll have a problem.  If he had invoked a law that specified the course of action for if a family member was killed by a member of the children of the light, perhaps.

Archived